The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 4 October 2023, 07:28 PM   #1
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
Chronomat automatic gmt 40 ice blue

Hi,
My question is if anyone saw this one in person? If you have please post some pictures. And my second question is where Breitling put the platinum material in the case? Is chronomat gmt and non in house movement worth the price? If I go to Breitling boutique can I expect discount?
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2023, 09:07 PM   #2
56scooter
"TRF" Member

I received a text from a Boutique sales associate yesterday informing me that the Ice Blue GMT was available and inquiring if I was interested. I politely declined without any knowledge of the price. I just looked it up and it appears that the watch is approximately $2000 more than the standard GMT. The platinum is not in the case. The bezel is made of platinum which is something that Breitling used to do with their Bentley line of watches. Definitely a no go on this watch and the entire lineup of non in house movement GMT's, the price in my opinion is way out of line for what you actually receive.

If you happen to go to a Breitling Boutique you will not receive any discounts on the price of a watch.
56scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2023, 11:07 AM   #3
NN7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1968 View Post
Hi,
My question is if anyone saw this one in person? If you have please post some pictures. And my second question is where Breitling put the platinum material in the case? Is chronomat gmt and non in house movement worth the price? If I go to Breitling boutique can I expect discount?
I walked into Breitling looking to buy a pistachio chronograph and somehow left with this one. It certainly won’t be everyone’s cup of tea (movement, etc), but I personally feel it has slotted in nicely to my collection, and that it’s versatile for multiple situations. The bezel looks and feels good, and is very satisfying to rotate. The blue gmt hand stands out without breaking up the scheme of the watch, and I feel just as good wearing it with a white tee as I do with a suit. The sunburst effect on the dial is always there, but the color of the dial changes based on the light, from various shades of light blue to a light blueish silver or grey.

Price is price. It’s either worth it to you because it’s different and you like it, or it isn’t - it (and most other watches) wont hold value like a Rolex. Pictures don’t do justice (and I’m still figuring out how to actually take and post good ones) but here are a few:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_6160.jpeg (67.5 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_6154.jpeg (67.8 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_6157.jpeg (95.0 KB, 221 views)
NN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2023, 10:18 PM   #4
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations. Nice watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2023, 02:24 AM   #5
Michael1968
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NN7 View Post
I walked into Breitling looking to buy a pistachio chronograph and somehow left with this one. It certainly won’t be everyone’s cup of tea (movement, etc), but I personally feel it has slotted in nicely to my collection, and that it’s versatile for multiple situations. The bezel looks and feels good, and is very satisfying to rotate. The blue gmt hand stands out without breaking up the scheme of the watch, and I feel just as good wearing it with a white tee as I do with a suit. The sunburst effect on the dial is always there, but the color of the dial changes based on the light, from various shades of light blue to a light blueish silver or grey.

Price is price. It’s either worth it to you because it’s different and you like it, or it isn’t - it (and most other watches) wont hold value like a Rolex. Pictures don’t do justice (and I’m still figuring out how to actually take and post good ones) but here are a few:
Congrats
I love this watch. Very nice addition. I thinking about getting one as well. If you have more pictures please post them.
Old 11 October 2023, 02:51 AM   #6
NN7
"TRF" Member

I’ve attached some additional pictures but having trouble with the sizing and blurriness.

To be honest, you do have to see in person. Even a high res picture won’t show you what the bezel and dial look like.

I think it’s a well-executed piece, and it fits perfectly for what I’m looking for. I have some alligator straps coming (midnight blue and black) which I think will bring out the dial even more and give it a more formal look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_6158.jpeg (61.0 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_6124.jpeg (114.1 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_6128.jpeg (125.6 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_6156.jpeg (72.3 KB, 200 views)
Old 11 October 2023, 05:27 AM   #7
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

I love the size of that watch! 40mm, 11,7mm thickness and 47mm lug to lug. I wish my SOH II had those dimensions!
philhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 October 2023, 06:01 AM   #8
NN7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhendrix View Post
I love the size of that watch! 40mm, 11,7mm thickness and 47mm lug to lug. I wish my SOH II had those dimensions!
The case thinness is no joke. Wears really comfortably because of this.

Again pictures aren’t great but hope these are helpful!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_6164.jpeg (58.9 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_6165.jpeg (51.0 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_6162.jpeg (57.9 KB, 195 views)
Old 11 October 2023, 05:09 PM   #9
Michael1968
Banned

Quote:
I’ve attached some additional pictures but having trouble with the sizing and blurriness.

To be honest, you do have to see in person. Even a high res picture won’t show you what the bezel and dial look like.

I think it’s a well-executed piece, and it fits perfectly for what I’m looking for. I have some alligator straps coming (midnight blue and black) which I think will bring out the dial even more and give it a more formal look.
Great picture and amazing watch
Old 11 October 2023, 10:17 PM   #10
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The case thinness is no joke. Wears really comfortably because of this.

Again pictures aren’t great but hope these are helpful!
Thank you for sharing those pictures. Looks amazing! You definitely got yourself a great piece there!

I think Breitling should continue to offer watches in the 40mm-ish range. At 11mm thickness, this must wear like a treat all year round. My SOH II measures just above 14,3mm in thickness and I feel I struggle to make it work with long sleeve clothes and fitting it under a shirt cuff.
Old 12 October 2023, 05:25 AM   #11
sirvisez
"TRF" Member

Beautiful watch! Would one be able to buy the rouleaux bracelet separately even if it is not offered on the website?

I love the contrast with the black rubber, but one of the calling points of the chronomat for me is that metal bracelet. I can see myself swapping between rubber and rouleaux depending on the occasion .
sirvisez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2023, 09:41 AM   #12
NN7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirvisez View Post
Beautiful watch! Would one be able to buy the rouleaux bracelet separately even if it is not offered on the website?

I love the contrast with the black rubber, but one of the calling points of the chronomat for me is that metal bracelet. I can see myself swapping between rubber and rouleaux depending on the occasion .
Yes and no. I asked the question and they said it technically wouldn’t match because the bracelet has polished steel instead of polished platinum. It didn’t look like it would clash in my eyes, but they said to wait and see if I was interested before buying (maybe something is coming in the future?)
Old 16 October 2023, 03:40 PM   #13
sirvisez
"TRF" Member

Thank you - based on your pictures I went to my local Breitling AD and I pulled the trigger on this one. Apparently they were supposed to launch in January but the pulled the date forward. It might explain the apparently low volume right now - the AD said that there are 10 allocated for the whole of Japan for this first production run.
Old 16 October 2023, 08:25 PM   #14
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you - based on your pictures I went to my local Breitling AD and I pulled the trigger on this one. Apparently they were supposed to launch in January but the pulled the date forward. It might explain the apparently low volume right now - the AD said that there are 10 allocated for the whole of Japan for this first production run.
Congratlulations!

BTW, interesting information! Did your AD mention why the released was moved forward? Maybe we can expect some more releases early next year.
Old 16 October 2023, 09:23 PM   #15
Michael1968
Banned

Quote:
Congratlulations!

BTW, interesting information! Did your AD mention why the released was moved forward? Maybe we can expect some more releases early next year.
Im interested as well
Old 17 October 2023, 12:37 AM   #16
sirvisez
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congratlulations!

They did not unfortunately and I did not have the presence of mind to ask them, but I will pop by and try to extract some more information
Old 17 October 2023, 01:06 AM   #17
Michael1968
Banned

Quote:
They did not unfortunately and I did not have the presence of mind to ask them, but I will pop by and try to extract some more information
Good luck, I’m keeping fingers crossed
Old 17 October 2023, 01:58 AM   #18
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Cool! I think 2024 will be a big year for Breitling seen its an anniversary year, so let's hope for some nice releases!
Old 18 October 2023, 04:28 PM   #19
shalako
"TRF" Member

This is such a beautiful watch from Breitling, it could have been a game changer for the brand but it’s let down by the movement not being a true GMT (office GMT only) and not in house.
shalako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2023, 11:08 PM   #20
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalako View Post
This is such a beautiful watch from Breitling, it could have been a game changer for the brand but it’s let down by the movement not being a true GMT (office GMT only) and not in house.
Could you please elaborate on the watch not having a true GMT movement? I knew that this one was not in house but not sure about the movement part.

I like the dimension on this one and have my hopes up that Breitling will now consider slimmer (and generally smaller) watches. I love my SOH II but it simply wont fit under my shirt haha
Old 19 October 2023, 07:28 AM   #21
shalako
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Could you please elaborate on the watch not having a true GMT movement? I knew that this one was not in house but not sure about the movement part.

I like the dimension on this one and have my hopes up that Breitling will now consider slimmer (and generally smaller) watches. I love my SOH II but it simply wont fit under my shirt haha
A true GMT has an independently adjustable hour hand for travel such as the Rolex GMT for example, this one has an adjustable GMT (24 hour) hand which is known as an ‘office GMT’.
It’s explained well in this article and there is a video too.
https://monochrome-watches.com/techn...e-gmt-watches/
shalako is offline   Reply With Quote