The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 3 August 2023, 12:15 PM   #121
sski
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♛ & ✠
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
And OnlyFans.

Wonder who will be producing the documentary?
LOL
sski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 12:34 PM   #122
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
I guess you hit rock bottom when the Reddit crowd get it right.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Moondoggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 12:47 PM   #123
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

I mean, at least his dream of Mark Wahlberg playing him in a biopic is more plausible now.
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 01:03 PM   #124
MP777
"TRF" Member

Crazy
MP777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 01:09 PM   #125
rmagoo57
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT II/Sub/Exp II
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
The latest video from AF:

https://youtu.be/mKLFcjm83vY

He is toast!
The train has officially wrecked. Took longer than I thought. Hoping the victims of his greed and stupidity can somehow get paid.
rmagoo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 01:30 PM   #126
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmagoo57 View Post
The train has officially wrecked. Took longer than I thought. Hoping the victims of his greed and stupidity can somehow get paid.
Genuine question: How does someone in a similar situation get their money? He said he spent everything on cocaine, hookers, gambling, etc.
Old 3 August 2023, 01:37 PM   #127
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
The latest video from AF:

https://youtu.be/mKLFcjm83vY

He is toast!
Absolutely pathetic. This guy belongs in prison.
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 01:40 PM   #128
Andy0331
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
I assume you are not a lawyer. But an innocent purchaser for value without notice of the competing claim takes title under common law. The consigners have a contract claim (because there will be a contract governing this) against whatever LLC AF set up. They may have a claim against him personally but that will completely depend on the facts (commingled funds, didn’t maintain Corp formalities, etc.).

This is a breach of contract claim not theft (absent a showing of fraud).
If the watch was sold at a price lower than agreed on the consignment agreement, would that not be theft?

A jeweler receiving stolen property even innocently is still receiving stolen property. Pretty sure that doesn't entitle them to free and clear ownership. It certainly doesn't in the pawn business where the items are seized by law enforcement. Now items sold months or years ago would likely be impossible to track, but it looks like he's been doing this as recently as the last few days. There may/should be some recourse for recent victims beyond waiting on his wages from stamping license plates to build up.
Andy0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 02:36 PM   #129
JonaG
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
Genuine question: How does someone in a similar situation get their money? He said he spent everything on cocaine, hookers, gambling, etc.
…and the rest he wasted
Old 3 August 2023, 03:26 PM   #130
Watch-Geek
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonaG View Post
…and the rest he wasted

George Best reference, brilliant

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk
Watch-Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 03:36 PM   #131
White Collar Boy
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: PAM111
Weird reality-TV-style confession. It’s a personal-growth story disguised as a mea culpa. The show must go on! And on…

Other people’s money is an abstraction for this guy now; the number that matters is audience size.
White Collar Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 04:26 PM   #132
TheFuture
"TRF" Member

He will do time in Federal Prison probably 10years unless he rats on other dealers. Nature is healing the market will return to any rollie you want soon enough. Fakes always get exposed. If your involved in it I suggest you get out of it.
TheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 04:36 PM   #133
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
He will do time in Federal Prison probably 10years unless he rats on other dealers. Nature is healing the market will return to any rollie you want soon enough. Fakes always get exposed. If your involved in it I suggest you get out of it.
He hasn't stolen anything, he just hasn't paid for it yet.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Old 3 August 2023, 05:23 PM   #134
RichardBartlett
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondoggy View Post
Valid point,

if the police get involved then there's nothing they can/will do at this stage. UNLESS there is a tax evasion element or an actual proven attempt to defraud they will suggest the two parties (AF & all the consignee's) to try to work it out amicably
RichardBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 05:48 PM   #135
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Jilted consignments are nothing new. Happens all the time...

https://money.com/second-time-around...gnment-closes/

Sometimes there is no recourse except small claims court...

Other times there is prison..

https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/c...ment-shop.html

It's going to depend on state laws, how the agreement is written...etc etc.

As soon as Anthony moved to LA, he was finished. He had a good thing going in the early days, but the lifestyle, mental illness and addiction took him down.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 07:08 PM   #136
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
Typically, they just don't get their money back.

Anthony's story reminds me of a solar builder who was growing too fast for his own good - from 0 to 30+ employees in like 3 years - in what was basically a construction business. The guy started spending as if there was no tomorrow. Sponsoring the local major league hockey team was just one example. Another year down the road it all exploded. The business had increasingly and fraudulently used prepayments specifically tied to (and in many cases held in escrow for) the many new projects to fulfill the fewer old contracts. As soon as growth slowed down the scheme collapsed. The owner/CEO went to jail for fraudulent bankruptcy, declared bankruptcy on a personal level, and customers lost single digit millions.
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 07:22 PM   #137
RichardBartlett
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Typically, they just don't get their money back.

Anthony's story reminds me of a solar builder who was growing too fast for his own good - from 0 to 30+ employees in like 3 years - in what was basically a construction business. The guy started spending as if there was no tomorrow. Sponsoring the local major league hockey team was just one example. Another year down the road it all exploded. The business had increasingly and fraudulently used prepayments specifically tied to (and in many cases held in escrow for) the many new projects to fulfill the fewer old contracts. As soon as growth slowed down the scheme collapsed. The owner/CEO went to jail for fraudulent bankruptcy, declared bankruptcy on a personal level, and customers lost single digit millions.
These things work swell on the way up but not so good on the way down

My Gestor (accountant practice) was doing the same, she had been spending faster than the money coming in . She purchased a new office which cost more than anticipated and supporting her useless kids
so was taking money from one client to reimburse others , as she was filing tax returns and not paying social security etc
It's far more complicated here in Spain. She owes me around 15k in unpaid taxes etc

It came to light when she told me I owed 20k hacienda tax on a house purchase.
I assumed it was legit but cross checked and found it should have been under 2k. When questioned she blamed the lawyer who messed up..(apparently it was always either the tax office or lawyer who was to blame.)

I used her because the previous business owner had dealt with her for 15 years. He only found out he'd been done when he went to sign on for his pension at the tax office and they said "who are you?"

Several others lost money including charities.

Her house has been embargoed and a court case has been filed but because the system takes years to process here continues to practice..

Happens in all walks of life tbf

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
RichardBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 07:42 PM   #138
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Collar Boy View Post
Weird reality-TV-style confession. It’s a personal-growth story disguised as a mea culpa. The show must go on! And on…

Other people’s money is an abstraction for this guy now; the number that matters is audience size.
My take on it as well Matt.

He’ll be back in some way shape or form.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 08:04 PM   #139
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
my take on it as well matt.

He’ll be back in some way shape or form.
100%, but it ain’t a nice ride.

Old 3 August 2023, 09:36 PM   #140
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I guess you hit rock bottom when the Reddit crowd get it right.
(Said in a very friendly way) As someone who has truly hit rock bottom during the course of my life, that video is not rock bottom. Far from it! Having been at AA / NA meetings for many years and seen far more than i care to post here... (sadly, some didn't make it out alive)

Imho Anthony is nowhere near the bottom. That carefully edited video is just another normal, follow-up 'YouTube Episode' for him. There's really nothing special here.

Wonder if he's already discussed documentary / film rights with Producer? Looking at his saga, it has many of the elements, plus very topical with LGBTQ+ 'actors' as well. I just hope they don't script it to make the timepiece community seem like a bunch of wankers.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 10:35 PM   #141
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
(Said in a very friendly way) As someone who has truly hit rock bottom during the course of my life, that video is not rock bottom. Far from it! Having been at AA / NA meetings for many years and seen far more than i care to post here... (sadly, some didn't make it out alive)

Imho Anthony is nowhere near the bottom. That carefully edited video is just another normal, follow-up 'YouTube Episode' for him. There's really nothing special here.

Wonder if he's already discussed documentary / film rights with Producer? Looking at his saga, it has many of the elements, plus very topical with LGBTQ+ 'actors' as well. I just hope they don't script it to make the timepiece community seem like a bunch of wankers.
Have to agree Steven. I have a brother who hit rock bottom, it was horrible, private and heartbreaking.

I’m happy you made it out the other side. My brother has been clean now for 11 years, but he’ll tell you that every day is a struggle.

Whatever the struggle is, addictions, mental health … it’s a journey and everyone’s path to the other side is the same but different.

Peace to you.

I truly hope Anthony gets the help he needs.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 10:37 PM   #142
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Geeesh…
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 11:15 PM   #143
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0331 View Post
If the watch was sold at a price lower than agreed on the consignment agreement, would that not be theft?
No, that would be breach of contract and the consignor would have a claim against the counterparty for the difference between the sale price and the agreed price.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2023, 11:53 PM   #144
Texote69
"TRF" Member

Tugman gonna have to come out of retirement to pay everyone back
Texote69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2023, 12:30 AM   #145
Booth9999
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You are 100% right. I’m not sure he can stop, jail might be the best thing that could happen to him. Very sad to see as I have seen good brothers fall into the addiction hole. I wish him the best.
Booth9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2023, 02:31 AM   #146
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
Quote:
Not true. At some point, probably a while ago, he became criminally liable. I can’t speak for whatever state he’s in, but he can face Federal theft charges and with that much money lost and his criminal history, he’s looking at serious Federal prison time.

He almost certainly has criminal defense attorneys he can call. I’d be shocked if any of them told him to start posting videos of his explanation unless they’re trying to set up a lack of intent defense. But if he was using revenue from the sale of consigned pieces to fund a lavish lifestyle or he was building a ponzi-type scheme where he was selling pieces to pay off prior debts, he’s going to have trouble selling a viable defense.

I see this type of situation with some frequency involving roofers, fence installers, and construction contractors. They get in over their head, use deposits to pay for materials for other clients and to complete other jobs, and then they don’t have the ability to complete the job for the client who has paid the deposit. The work doesn’t get finished and the money doesn’t get refunded because it has already been spent. The defendant tries to complete other jobs to make up for the loss but can’t and then law enforcement is called. The defendant often has lots of explanations for why they haven’t completed the job and promises to complete the job, etc., but at a certain point, it’s charged as a theft.

And for Anthony, it’s even worse because he documented his extravagant lifestyle.
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2023, 03:13 AM   #147
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
lol what a joke from him.

he used to be in the forum
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2023, 03:56 AM   #148
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonaG View Post
…and the rest he wasted
Old 4 August 2023, 04:30 AM   #149
walds11
"TRF" Member

This is gonna be interesting:

Old 4 August 2023, 04:53 AM   #150
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Suppose party A gave party B money to deliver to party C, but party B took the money and spent it on himself. What do you call that? It might not fall under theft, but it’s definitely a cause for litigation and possible charges. I don’t think anyone can argue that