The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 25 March 2020, 06:23 AM   #1
rossi46
"TRF" Member

Watch: shopping
FS: Rolex Daytona 116500 SS black dial on Oysterflex strap

What I'm selling: Rolex Daytona 116500LN black dial in mint condition. As you can see from the pics, this is an incredibly unique stainless steel version outfitted with the awesome Oysterflex straps (normally only available with the more-expensive gold models). I did this conversion myself with OEM straps sourced directly from an AD. Included in the sale, of course, is the original bracelet in basically unused condition. This is as "full-set" as it gets: original outer boxes, inner boxes, manuals, hang tags, bezel protector, Rolex-branded microfiber cloth, and even a bonus service pouch.

I believe this is the ultimate form of the modern ceramic Daytona: stainless steel for durability, black dial for sportiness, and the rubber Oysterflex straps for a seriously race-inspired look and feel. It's also nice to worry about scratches! While there are other Daytona's on the market for sale, you will not find another one like this. As you can see from the pics, I also have a couple "extra" Oysterflex straps on-hand, so let me know your bracelet sizing and I can install the right set. (If you prefer to just have the bracelet, I can sell the watch that way, too. Let me know.)

I am the only person to have worn this watch; the original owner was on a list at Tourneau and sold it to me with all stickers intact. You probably are aware that most watches sold by grey market dealers have traded hands numerous times and almost always been polished - that is NOT the case here! The watch has either been on my wrist or in my safe. No drops, no dings, no careless wearing. I'm the type to always have "wrist awareness" and ~1x/week the watch was washed with a mild soap, soft brush and microfiber.

Why I'm selling: I closed on a house right at the end of January and it needs more renovations than originally thought. The Daytona was purchased with "fun" money and I rather apply that to the house makeover. You know what they say about happy wife = happy life and all :)

Who am I: Long-time member here at TRF who has bought and sold over a dozen watches (Rolex, AP, Omega, Nomos). I've done deals with some of the Trusted Sellers we all know and love (David, Tony, Patrick, etc) as well as regular forum members. Some of these deals were strictly on-line, while others were done in person. I've attended a couple different Rolex gatherings over the years, too. I also have a near 20-year history on eBay with 100% feedback (user name: 325isport). All this to say: BUY WITH CONFIDENCE.

Asking price: $20,950 OBO. Payment via wire. No trades.

Happy to do a skype call to go over any other details; can potentially meet up if you are in NYC metro/Westchester/southwest CT. Otherwise, please call/text me: 757-358-0881. If you see this listing, then the watch is still for sale.

Old 28 March 2020, 10:05 AM   #2
rossi46
"TRF" Member

Have had some great conversations with interested parties. Keep 'em coming!

Still available
Old 1 April 2020, 01:38 PM   #3
rossi46
"TRF" Member

Sold!