The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 April 2024, 09:54 AM   #31
sickened1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ugiveiswatchuget
Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
Watches.
Yup same here. These days I don't even bother to look anymore. Not sure why I'm still here though.
sickened1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 10:16 AM   #32
Nice marmot
"TRF" Member

Drinking
Nice marmot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 10:26 AM   #33
Avs Fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Myself was a avid scuba diver plus guide PADI,and BSAC instructor long retired now but I do miss the underwater world.
Thank you Padi. I love this post!
Avs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 12:46 PM   #34
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
Sports. I used to love it. Played and followed a lot of it. I couldn't care less about it now.
AF_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 01:18 PM   #35
Mccall86
"TRF" Member

Searching for vinyl records. I started collecting records in my teens and used to peruse thrift stores, estate sales, flea markets etc. hoping to score records. If it wasn't something I really wanted I would flip them for profit to buy more. I obtained a lot of rare albums inexpensively this way but it was very time consuming. I also used to DJ all vinyl sets. I ended up starting a business and life got busy so I quit hunting down vinyl - nowadays if it's something I really want I just buy it online. I did build up a pretty badass record collection over the years though that I enjoy listening to nearly everyday.
Mccall86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 01:40 PM   #36
Brenngun

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Since I get 100 rounds in a season on the golf course and still ride a motorcycle it has to be Snooker. Spent an enormous amount of my youth in billiard halls all over the country. Was a fair player in my time. Made more than I lost. Once my aging eyes needed glasses that was the beginning of the end. Came across my old cues a few months ago. Decided to go out to a local hall to play a few frames and see what would happen. Result: I loved the feel and smell but hung up the cue once again, likely forever. Sad.

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 03:15 PM   #37
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
I DO miss roadbikes. Haven't ridden for 30+yrs but still miss the feeling. Just too damn dangerous on today's crowded roads (and crap drivers).
Miss training in the Dojo. Still practise my Katas in the garage but body just won't tolerate the whole 9 yards anymore.
Miss drinking what I want when I want. Metabolism doesn't like alcohol much anymore. Still drink a good bottle of Red every weekend (and occasional Martini or Scotch) but admit I feel better without it.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 09:12 PM   #38
JSol1

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratfisk View Post
My FIL is in Stamford with a 59ft Hinkley(?) that he spends all of his time on. I'm sure he'd take you out for the cost of lunch (oysters or lobster rolls, usually).
That Hinckley is a gorgeous classic!
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 09:22 PM   #39
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

No longer flying airplanes. No longer riding motorcycles. (although I still have 2 Vespas). Rarely use my boat anymore.

Just getting older. Kinda sucks.
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 09:39 PM   #40
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
As a young man I was very good at cuddling.

Now I struggle to cuddle myself.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 09:54 PM   #41
ttomczak

Watch: The Beach
Volleyball and Competitive softball, also paintball. Not ready for the pickleball set, but the spirit is willing, just not the joints lol.

If you wind it, it tells pretty good time
(Paul Newman)
ttomczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 09:59 PM   #42
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Basketball. Played in High School and College but can no longer safely manage.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 10:37 PM   #43
77T

Beloved pursuits you no longer pursue.

Ski Jumping the Large Hill.

I never even got started before not doing it anymore (Yogi, thanks for that inspirational thought)...

When the Eddie the Eagle rule was invoked after the '88 Winter Games, I became jaded with the Olympics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 10:48 PM   #44
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
SCUBA diving. Started in my mid 50's and both my son & I instantly took to it like fish to water. Shortly after, my son's diving experiences got more adventurous and mine seemed to be doomed on every dive. Besides having trouble seeing my forearm sized computer underwater I experienced barometric trauma to my left ear leaving me w/ 50% hearing loss. That's it, no mas!
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 11:17 PM   #45
NardinNut

I’ve been snowboarding for 35 years. Used to get dozens of days in every season and lots of back country. We own a ski condo so still go out a half dozen to a dozen days a year with the kids and wife, but I’m bored with it. I just don’t enjoy it like I used to.
NardinNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2024, 11:38 PM   #46
Tricolore66
"TRF" Member

Motorcycling. I’m 57 and been riding since 17, own several bikes and easily $100k+ in motorcycle-related riding gear, etc, but the stoned, texting, and street-racing idiots have just made it too dangerous today. If I lived somewhere rural and had access to great roads right outside the door I’m sure I’d feel differently, but I’m in the middle of a terrible city to ride in and 40 miles from the first decent twisty road. Sports cars have largely filled the space for me, but even the best of them can’t compare, for me, to being on the right motorcycle in the right road. I guess at a certain age you realize most of your life is behind you and risk management is something to take seriously. I’m not quite ready to sell it all and give it up completely, but I’m self-aware enough to know that I probably already have.
Tricolore66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 12:05 AM   #47
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Drunmond View Post
I used to be about a 3 hdcp. With owning a business and family, i stopped playing for years other than maybe a scramble once a year for work.

I decided to pick it up again a few years ago. It was very frustrating, i could still get around the course and shoot a 82-85 on a good day, and for my friends i was still pretty good. But for me, i hated it. I gave it up, i just wasn't having any fun. And didn't have the time to practice enough to get back to single digits.
I can totally relate to that. I used to go around my local course in 75 I dread what numbers I’d be hitting these days and that takes away all the fun for me
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 05:56 PM   #48
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Myself was a avid scuba diver plus guide PADI,and BSAC instructor long retired now but I do miss the underwater world.
2nd this. i used to do a lot of scuba. but this hobby is usually for the young. i would struggle with swimming against the current.

but i do have nice memories of seeing seaturtles and corals.
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 06:57 PM   #49
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Pickleball. Seriously fractured my shoulder playing it last year. Have to accept my age and limitations even if my many injured peers do not. May reconsider if I drop more weight to help my balance.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 07:16 PM   #50
Yobber76

Watch: BLNR VTNR PAM 915
I was a Jack of all Trades, Master of None type guy. I tried a lot of things, but never kept them as lifelong passions. I traveled for business for 40 years, weekends were too precious to be consumed by things like golf, I got too old and beat up for softball, basketball. I loved duck hunting, but living near a city required travel and equipment, boat, and all my hunting friends moved to other states. I coached Volleyball and Soccer for a number of years, but that was 20 years ago. I try to do things for the pleasure of the moment and the social time spent with others now, with no real regard for anything to become a passion.
Yobber76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 08:19 PM   #51
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluside View Post
No longer flying airplanes. No longer riding motorcycles. (although I still have 2 Vespas). Rarely use my boat anymore.

Just getting older. Kinda sucks.
No longer flying helicopters. Place where I had rent for a decade closed down a few years ago. Nearest place now is too far away and I am too poor to own.

Still flying single engine planes but starting to wonder how much longer I'll do it. Sure, island hopping on the coast or flying in the Alpes is still fun but it feels less important after doing it for 20+ years.

Age has certainly started to slow me down when it comes to cycling and hiking in the mountains. These days I am mostly cycling in flat lake country and I have rediscovered paddling a few years ago.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 09:25 PM   #52
TRS1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NardinNut View Post
I’ve been snowboarding for 35 years. Used to get dozens of days in every season and lots of back country. We own a ski condo so still go out a half dozen to a dozen days a year with the kids and wife, but I’m bored with it. I just don’t enjoy it like I used to.
I honestly kinda hope this happens to me. I absolutely love the mountains and have been riding just about as long. And skied before. I always hope that injury won’t take me out of it and I have to sit around yearning to go but can’t because of old beat up body. But I just don’t see me getting bored with it. I’d actually like to retire to the hills.
TRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 09:39 PM   #53
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Classic cars, completely lost interest in them
Old 19 April 2024, 09:51 PM   #54
NardinNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Classic cars, completely lost interest in them

I absolutely love classic cars. Haven’t lost interest in them, but the stupidity of the market for them is what makes me no longer yearn for more.
Old 19 April 2024, 09:58 PM   #55
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
I honestly kinda hope this happens to me. I absolutely love the mountains and have been riding just about as long. And skied before. I always hope that injury won’t take me out of it and I have to sit around yearning to go but can’t because of old beat up body. But I just don’t see me getting bored with it. I’d actually like to retire to the hills.
Try cross country skiing. After years living in the mountains and skiing, boarding and tele-skiing at resorts, I am now 95% on cross country skis. Much, much easier on the body and you can enjoy nature without the obnoxious crowds.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 10:02 PM   #56
NardinNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post

Definitely haven’t lost my love for the mountains! That’s why I live in them. Also my true love of the mountains is exploring them on my dirt bikes and adventure bike. Now that’s an obsession I’ll never get bored off!

My boredom with snowboarding comes from no longer testing myself with the extreme side. Between my body not being able to handle the extreme and being on the mountain with the family (which I do love even if mellow), I’m stuck doing groomers and in-bound trees. On top of that, the crowds and stupidity of people on the mountain gets very tiring. I do get excited for an annual guys ski trip as we’re all a little nuts. Also going to Japan this winter for a ski trip and excited for that. Keep shredding as long as you can!
Old 19 April 2024, 10:54 PM   #57
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
Try cross country skiing. After years living in the mountains and skiing, boarding and tele-skiing at resorts, I am now 95% on cross country skis. Much, much easier on the body and you can enjoy nature without the obnoxious crowds.
I would like to try this.

I used to have a Nordic Track and loved it. To do it outside would be perfect.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 10:55 PM   #58
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy 2 Times View Post
I must be the only one that hated golf from the start. Bought clubs shoes cloths the bag everything. Got all excited about it. Didn’t even go to the range even though all me friends said it’s a must. I watched some videos on YouTube and figured I was good to go.

First round down here in Florida last spring was pretty hot. Got yelled at for not tucking in my shirt.
Why would I do that in 88 degree heat with 90% humidity and a UV index of 10?

Well after shooting an 88 I never wanted to play again. My back hurt and I hated everything about it so I sold everything this past spring.

I don’t really have a hobby I don’t do anymore.

golf is and always has been torture for me. my squirrel brain cannot take it. I need more stimulus.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 01:49 AM   #59
Maleg
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninDenver View Post
I ski in the local forest preserve whenever it snows and head to UP Michigan with friends once or twice a year. This year I tried snow shoeing up there and found it to be another fun escape in the snow.
Maleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 02:17 AM   #60
-dustin

wife and I ran a pro/ domestic elite/ domestic pro/ whatever you want to call it women's cycling team. something we had talked about before we even got married, and something i had wanted to do long before her and i had met. end up putting us in massive, massive debt and sucked up all of our free time. good riddance.
-dustin is online now   Reply With Quote