The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 24 May 2012, 09:09 AM   #1
stat
"TRF" Member

Vacheron Overseas Deep Stream

Looking to get opinions on the Overseas and Deep Stream model (gray dial) in particular. I'm leaning heavily towards the gray dial but I cannot finalize which model I want. Typically I dislike chronos because I feel like they clutter the dial but the Overseas Chrono looks very nice. The dual time is also very nice and I find I would probably use that function more useful than the chronos. I wonder how the automatic version would look with all markers instead of numerals at 12,3,6,9. Maybe thats whats throwing me off. Any input from any VC fans? Outside of the pure aesthetics does the price increase justify the added complication for the dual time and chrono? Thanks guys!
stat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2012, 09:41 AM   #2
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Unfortunately most manufactures will charge more for watches with added complications. After all there is a degreee of difficulty when providing the additional functionality.

Whether or not it is ultimately worth it is determined by those customers who decide whether or not to buy them.

I buy my watches in a large part in regards to it's aesthetics. Unfortunately I have to pay more when the watch includes an additional complication.

By the way I think the VC chrono looks fabulous. I would be willing to pay the extra cost to own it.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2012, 09:54 AM   #3
93 Turbo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex.Tudor.PAM
I'm a huge VC Overseas fan. Sorry don't own one yet. Of the two complications I would get the dual time over the chrono function, too me more functional and a complication that I use.

Outside of these two I would be perfectly happy with the three hand version, you'll have to go with what grabs you most. Can't comment on the price as I'm not in the market right now. Good luck and get some pics up when you acquire one.
93 Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2012, 10:00 AM   #4
WatchTimes
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
Love the VC Overseas, really like their bracelet!

I want to like the dual time but I do not like that style of date display at all....

Id have to go with the Chrono... Never used to be a huge chrono guy but I started
cooking more and they are really handy besides I think the chrono looks better than the standard date version myself.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2012, 10:13 AM   #5
stat
"TRF" Member

This is going to be a tough call. The chrono will definitely be a budget stretch for me. At that price range I'm effectively in Nautilus territory. Aesthetically I think the chrono does have the edge but I know the function will never be used by me at least. I think it might be the use of numerals on the 3 hand version.. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 24 May 2012, 12:13 PM   #6
mltworldwide
2024 Pledge Member

Here, you pick. I already did.

I'm a sucker for a big date.

mltworldwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2012, 12:39 PM   #7
stat
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the pics! Both look great!
Old 24 May 2012, 12:48 PM   #8
psv
"TRF" Member

Deep stream chrono has been on my radar for a long time, something about the case design has kept me from pulling the trigger but I did have a change to try one on in NYC and the dial is stunning in person. Keep in mind that service costs on VC is quite high and the Overseas series doesn't come with in-house movements (FP in the chrono if I remember correctly).

I would probably pick the Deepstream chrono over a Daytona though - much better legibility and lume, more rare and interestung - and it has a date function! :-)
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2012, 01:02 PM   #9
stat
"TRF" Member

psv - Unfortunately the last time I was able to see any Overseas was when I was on vacation a few years back. At the time the AD didn't even have the Deep Stream model. Is service on the three hand version also considered high? JLC movement I believe.
Old 24 May 2012, 01:09 PM   #10
psv
"TRF" Member

Piguet in the chrono, some good info in this thread http://forums.watchuseek.com/f381/va...te-613965.html
psv is offline   Reply With Quote