The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 27 May 2014, 08:17 AM   #1
Annan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116233
Swiss Luxury

I am so angry I can't see straight. I posted this thread in the "Watch Out" section and am posting it here too. If this is wrong then Mods....please feel free to move/delete.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if this is the right forum but I need to vent. Swiss Luxury is an online grey dealer and I sent them some simple questions about the features of one of their models, a 116234. What I got back, after a couple of email exchanges, was that I would need to contact Rolex directly. WTF?! Why can't the dealer answer my questions. I responded with "thanks for nothing...I am done with you." Here's the response I got back"

Don’t go away mad just go away…………you got a phone # where you can get accurate technical questions answered by the manufacturer…….not exactly nothing I N G R A T E.

Thanks,

SwissLuxury.Com

(305) 428-2285

www.swissluxury.com

I responded that this was terrible customer service and I would advise all my Rolex buying friends.
Old 27 May 2014, 08:26 AM   #2
GsurgBM
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
That's actually almost funny it's so unbelievable!! What a bunch of a-holes!!!
Old 27 May 2014, 08:28 AM   #3
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Big for them. Pathetic.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 08:34 AM   #4
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Wow, amazing.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 08:40 AM   #5
nickb732
"TRF" Member

Wow, that's awful. I'm sure that one thoughtless exchange which you is going to do a lot more damage to them than they originally thought.

Nick
nickb732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 08:43 AM   #6
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
They must have attended a sales course by that Wall Street guy who went to jail for pumping stocks (Leo DiCaprio played him in the movie).

Their motto must be: the customer is always wrong.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 08:44 AM   #7
660ft
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680
Wow, I'll avoid them.
660ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 08:51 AM   #8
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Obviously this dealer doesn't like to sell or he has a very good business and does not need to sell anymore. Surely I would never go there. If you make some inquiries about a product which costs several K the least you may expect is a friendly and decent answer.
joli160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 08:54 AM   #9
Annan
"TRF" Member

Yep.....in my first email I asked some specific questions about the features of the model. The first response was very nicely worded and simply assured me that all their offerings were "authentic" and had all the 2014 features. I said something to the effect of, "I have no doubt they are authentic but can you answer my questions please?" That's when I got the "you need to contact Rolex at...........". That's when I lost it and said "OK, I'm done here" and y'all see the response I got. I advised the responder that "the boss must be gone today and left you in charge. This is terrible customer service".
Old 27 May 2014, 08:54 AM   #10
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Yeah, sad. I put Ben Bridge in Houston on the same level. took a brand new fully stickered watch to get a link removed, they came out with my watch and every single sticker removed, their attitude was, so what, sorry.
Never again will I set foot in one of their stores.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 08:54 AM   #11
GradyPhilpott

Watch: 116710 BLNR
No scrupulous merchant reacts that way, even when the customer is wrong and I'm not saying that you are wrong.

Move on. There are plenty of well-mannered merchants who will love to do business with you.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 08:56 AM   #12
jjnd08
"TRF" Member

If you're looking for an actual response from the company, your best bet is to post a screen shot of this to twitter and tag them in the tweet.
jjnd08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 09:00 AM   #13
GradyPhilpott

I just looked at their site. Their email address is info@swissluxury.

Old 27 May 2014, 09:04 AM   #14
rustyduck
"TRF" Member

hard to imagine a justifiable business purpose in sending an email back to the op like that. Another good reason to stay with an AD that you can establish a good relationship with or a trusted seller here.
rustyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 09:06 AM   #15
GradyPhilpott

Everyone always says, "Buy the seller."

Well, now you know all you need to know about this seller.

This is too much.

Old 27 May 2014, 09:07 AM   #16
iazrollie
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Why wouldn't you just go to DavidSW initially? You've put yourself through needless pain.
Old 27 May 2014, 09:42 AM   #17
newu5er
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnd08 View Post
If you're looking for an actual response from the company, your best bet is to post a screen shot of this to twitter and tag them in the tweet.
Would love to see this! That's the best way to resolve most complaints these days. It also works a lot quicker than spending precious time on a phone or returning emails.
newu5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 09:46 AM   #18
Annan
"TRF" Member

FWIW...here's a copy of my last response:

Will certainly go away and will never recommend to you to all my friends who wear Rolex. By the way, I have two already and was planning to buy more. I'm guessing the boss is away today and left you in charge. Get a clue, you moron. This is not how to serve customers.

No response from Swiss Luxury nor do I expect one. Anyway...made me feel better and now I'm moving on......
Old 27 May 2014, 09:50 AM   #19
GradyPhilpott

I'm guessing this seller isn't really interested in the WIS crowd anyway. There are a lot of businesses that thrive on an uninformed public and I'd guess that most Rolex buyers fall into that category.

Old 27 May 2014, 09:53 AM   #20
landroverking
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annan View Post
FWIW...here's a copy of my last response:

Will certainly go away and will never recommend to you to all my friends who wear Rolex. By the way, I have two already and was planning to buy more. I'm guessing the boss is away today and left you in charge. Get a clue, you moron. This is not how to serve customers.

No response from Swiss Luxury nor do I expect one. Anyway...made me feel better and now I'm moving on......
Good for you, I had the some type of service from Dish Net today, must be something in the air.
landroverking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 09:57 AM   #21
sirjohnbrian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 'chu lookin' at???
I used to go to their website often just to check serial numbers and prices. I've already deleted them as a bookmark.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Simpson

SS Midsize DJ 68274 "L"
TT Jubilee DJ 116233 "Z"
Sea Dweller DS 116660 "V"
SS White Dial Daytona "V"
sirjohnbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 11:20 AM   #22
porschedude
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Word will get around that he's not good to do business with, he will regret not treating you as any other valuable customer.
porschedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 11:55 AM   #23
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iazrollie View Post
Why wouldn't you just go to DavidSW initially? You've put yourself through needless pain.
Yeah...I mean why bother with those clowns in the first place?

Email DSW with what you're looking for...He'll price it out and you could have it easily in a few days....anywhere....for pretty much any brand...
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 12:20 PM   #24
Boothroyd

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjohnbrian View Post
I used to go to their website often just to check serial numbers and prices. I've already deleted them as a bookmark.
Actually, I use them to check prices and as a convenient way to check the Rolex catalogue also.

But I will continue to do so. May as well use their website resources, as opposed to reputable dealers, for routine information.
Old 27 May 2014, 12:21 PM   #25
VICI
"TRF" Member

Watch: IG: Mr_Right_NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annan View Post
I am so angry I can't see straight. I posted this thread in the "Watch Out" section and am posting it here too. If this is wrong then Mods....please feel free to move/delete.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if this is the right forum but I need to vent. Swiss Luxury is an online grey dealer and I sent them some simple questions about the features of one of their models, a 116234. What I got back, after a couple of email exchanges, was that I would need to contact Rolex directly. WTF?! Why can't the dealer answer my questions. I responded with "thanks for nothing...I am done with you." Here's the response I got back"

Don’t go away mad just go away…………you got a phone # where you can get accurate technical questions answered by the manufacturer…….not exactly nothing I N G R A T E.

Thanks,

SwissLuxury.Com

(305) 428-2285

www.swissluxury.com

I responded that this was terrible customer service and I would advise all my Rolex buying friends.

Next time, try a trusted seller on THIS forum.

I'm sure you'll have a much better experience.
VICI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 12:28 PM   #26
ExplorerChris
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 16550
Those SOB's don't deserve to carry Rolex
I truly hope their business goes downhill when you're a Rolex deler te only thing tat sets you appart is the type of customer service you provide, before and after the sale.

A Watch Is Just A Watch
A Rolex Is A Timepiece
ExplorerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 12:53 PM   #27
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
ron got mad.

bad move.

Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 03:32 PM   #28
phan655
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710,16613
I have talked with them before, when I first got into watches. They are an absolute joke. At the time I barely knew anything about nice watches, but they knew even less than me and they were rude.
phan655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 09:56 PM   #29
Swissluxury
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many to list!
From the owner of SwissLuxury.Com

Our firm sells approximately $10 million USD annually of high end Swiss watches that are all factory sealed authentic 2014 product. We have a loyal client base that appreciates how hard we work to source perfect product at attractive discount pricing that is tax free to all states except Florida. We have been online Etailing luxury goods since 1997 and our record speaks for itself.

In the course of a day we receive over 300 Emails and a ton of phone calls as well and do our best to answer them quickly and honestly. In terms of Ron's complaint we could have handled him better. He wanted specific details about product that exceeded our holiday staffs knowledge and was referred to ROLEX HQ in NYC to get the most accurate answers......for some reason this made him angry and he wrote us the following discourteous Email:

"OK....I am done with you. Thanks for nothing. Ron Annan"

Our staffs response was terse but I will ask the forum a simple question:

how would you reply to "thanks for nothing."?

This morning we sent Mr. Annan the following:

"Hi Ron, Skeleton crew not too pleased about working the holiday so we apologize if they were gruff…………I read the Email chain and not sure I would have been very much better………a 2014 116234 is a 2014 116234 is a 2014 116234 Rolex does not make variations or the products with options………….as long as it is current year they are all identical and we like for clients to get accurate tech details from the manufacturer as they know the design features better than our staff (a lot of watches get drop shipped straight to our clients and we never see them). I do know that you would receive an 8 digit random serial # (the most recent serial series that Rolex has released) and on the stick dials on 116234’s they do have glow treatment on the hour markers and hands but they really are not that effective……..oyster band does have polished center links………..not sure if they are solid and also not positive about the easylink………..Darryl

Thanks,
SwissLuxury.Com
(3*****
www.swissluxury.com"

It is a big world out there and sometimes client personality and dealership are just not a good match...........

I am confident that are a lot of folks on this very forum who can vouch for us.

All best wishes even to angry Mr. Ron!!
Swissluxury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2014, 10:37 PM   #30
Luminor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deepsea Sea-
SwissLuxury is one of the most honorable and respected dealerships in the USA.

I don't know why you would expect Swiss luxury to act like some sort of Rolex professor who is obliged to teach you about specific features on a watch.

They were polite till you stopped being polite.

I have bought 8 different pieces from Swiss Luxury since 2007, and they have always been punctual, polite and given me the best deal.

I don't think it's fair for you to dog down this company when you haven't even bought something from them.

Last edited by Luminor; 27 May 2014 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: Disconnection
Luminor is offline   Reply With Quote