The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 1 December 2020, 10:12 AM   #1
ericl
"TRF" Member

Pam 728 vs 927?

Hello fellow degenerates,
I used to own a pam00728. Sold it to line up funds for something else (Cartier blue diver) but I find myself missing the distinctive shape of the 728. I lost a fair bit of money when I sold in April 2019 but I put the money to good use. I now see that Panerai makes a Due pam00927. This looks virtually identical to the 728 but has an automatic movement (a plus for me!) and a date window.
Am I missing anything else? Oh. And msrp is almost 20 percent less.
What am I missing?

Thanks in advance. Hope this finds all readers well and safe.
ericl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2021, 11:25 AM   #2
DocSargonII
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericl View Post
Hello fellow degenerates,
I used to own a pam00728. Sold it to line up funds for something else (Cartier blue diver) but I find myself missing the distinctive shape of the 728. I lost a fair bit of money when I sold in April 2019 but I put the money to good use. I now see that Panerai makes a Due pam00927. This looks virtually identical to the 728 but has an automatic movement (a plus for me!) and a date window.
Am I missing anything else? Oh. And msrp is almost 20 percent less.
What am I missing?

Thanks in advance. Hope this finds all readers well and safe.
Did you ever find out the difference? I'm literally in the same scenario having had the 728.
DocSargonII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2021, 01:03 PM   #3
bakaneul
"TRF" Member

If I am right, Panerai only made 728 500 pcs/year for 3 years only I think. They are still selling 927 currently. 728 also has the sapphire caseback, 927 does not.
bakaneul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 07:06 AM   #4
ericl
"TRF" Member

gave up on the question!

I didn't even remember asking the question. I was playing on the boards and said this question sounds familiar and then realized I was the one that asked!
After further thinking about it - I reasoned that if i loved the 728 enough, i would have kept it - so the 927 is just not special enough to justify going down that rabbit hole again. Now waiting for my PAM01223 to arrive...
this watch game has me all in my head - i sold my James Cameron sea dweller twice already (not a flipper - lost money both times !!) and now i debate buying another one. I am going to try and stay strong.
ericl is offline   Reply With Quote