The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 13 August 2020, 11:04 AM   #1
le_baron
"TRF" Member

Put my name down for a white 15500

Title says it all. By way of background, I've been interested in the white-dialed Royal Oak for years but I don't like the look of the movement in the 15400. I was excited for the 15500 when it came out last year (because of the new movement) but, alas, AP was not producing them with the white dial. Now that AP started making white-dialed 15500s, I went to the AP boutique near me and put my name down for one.

I don't know if, let alone when, I'll actually get the call. The saleswoman I spoke with told me the wait would be at least a year (and I'm not holding my breath because she didn't answer my nice-meeting-you-and-thanks-for-your-time email). Anyway, I hope to one day come back to this post with some "incoming" pics

Last edited by le_baron; 13 August 2020 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: reference number typo
le_baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 11:18 AM   #2
Jgives
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15500, Santos
I’ve had pretty good luck buying from this forum for both 15500 and 15450. I paid about 10% over for both, which living in Cali would be my sales tax anyway. The 15500 came with a rubber OEM strap, so that was pretty close to even money, maybe a bit in my favor. I feel like if you keep your eye on the for sale forum, you may find it for around the same price much sooner. However, you forego the relationship building I suppose...
Jgives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 11:24 AM   #3
liljctl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgives View Post
I’ve had pretty good luck buying from this forum for both 15500 and 15450. I paid about 10% over for both, which living in Cali would be my sales tax anyway. The 15500 came with a rubber OEM strap, so that was pretty close to even money, maybe a bit in my favor. I feel like if you keep your eye on the for sale forum, you may find it for around the same price much sooner. However, you forego the relationship building I suppose...
With AP it's Royal Oak and more Royal Oak. It's going to be a short relationship. Lol

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
liljctl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 12:35 PM   #4
Jgives
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljctl View Post
With AP it's Royal Oak and more Royal Oak. It's going to be a short relationship. Lol

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Lol. Yes very true, but there are a few other Royal Oaks I’d love to own. I actually think the relationship building with a grey dealer may go further than one with a boutique.
Old 13 August 2020, 01:00 PM   #5
Rockland
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_baron View Post
Title says it all. By way of background, I've been interested in the white-dialed Royal Oak for years but I don't like the look of the movement in the 15400. I was excited for the 15500 when it came out last year (because of the new movement) but, alas, AP was not producing them with the white dial. Now that AP started making white-dialed 15500s, I went to the AP boutique near me and put my name down for one.

I don't know if, let alone when, I'll actually get the call. The saleswoman I spoke with told me the wait would be at least a year (and I'm not holding my breath because she didn't answer my nice-meeting-you-and-thanks-for-your-time email). Anyway, I hope to one day come back to this post with some "incoming" pics
You will get it. Be patient. I put my name down at the local boutique 10 months ago and got the call for the 15500 this week.
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 12:15 AM   #6
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgives View Post
Wow, I think you got lucky for paying only 10% more at grey.

Was it brand new or pre owned?
Benzsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 12:45 AM   #7
sookainian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post

White dial premium is not very high as compare to blue
sookainian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 12:53 AM   #8
Sirocco
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Good choice The best dial imo.

Can't wait to see the wristshots
Sirocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2020, 12:55 AM   #9
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Where are we seeing the silver dial 15500 at a 10% premium? There have been a couple on here and they were both above $25,000. On C24 they're all listed well north of $25k, but I am sure there is some room as always on that platform.

It seems to me the silver dial is about a 12 to 15% premium over MSRP+Tax for a vast majority of US locations. That's a tad above ruthenium/black, but certainly well below blue.
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2020, 06:53 AM   #10
DMVRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP | Rolex
Walked into the AP boutique yesterday and was able to walk out putting down a 25% deposit for a 15500ST. Said it would be about 3 months. We'll see....fingers crossed!
DMVRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2020, 07:10 AM   #11
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMVRolex View Post
Walked into the AP boutique yesterday and was able to walk out putting down a 25% deposit for a 15500ST. Said it would be about 3 months. We'll see....fingers crossed!
What dial color? If you don't have a purchase history I am really glad to hear this and I hope others see it. I'm concerned the 15500 has become a bit too "hard to get", but I'm sure the shutdown exacerbated that.
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2020, 07:21 AM   #12
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Fingers crossed! Which boutique and what dial color?
Vince_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2020, 08:30 AM   #13
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
this hurts my soul if its in the US. but good for you. I have been trying so hard to get one.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2020, 11:52 AM   #14
DMVRolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
What dial color? If you don't have a purchase history I am really glad to hear this and I hope others see it. I'm concerned the 15500 has become a bit too "hard to get", but I'm sure the shutdown exacerbated that.
Thanks everyone! NYC Boutique and Black Dial (blue was my first choice but I wasn't going to complain when they offered the black dial:)). I was seriously tempted paying a premium for a 15400 or 15300 prior going into the boutique.

I'll keep everyone updated once I get that call!
Old 20 August 2020, 11:57 AM   #15
Jgives
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzsiam View Post

They had both been purchased within a couple of months from a boutique. Stickers had been removed, but both mint.
Old 20 August 2020, 12:02 PM   #16
DMVRolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
this hurts my soul if its in the US. but good for you. I have been trying so hard to get one.
Thank you! I think it was pure luck and just hitting it off with the SA who helped me. I would recommend visiting your local AP boutique, be genuine with the SA, and let them know you really want to add one of their timepieces into your collection and don't plan on flipping it. At least I don't plan on it...
Old 20 August 2020, 03:26 PM   #17
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thank you! I think it was pure luck and just hitting it off with the SA who helped me. I would recommend visiting your local AP boutique, be genuine with the SA, and let them know you really want to add one of their timepieces into your collection and don't plan on flipping it. At least I don't plan on it...
Thanks been doing that and already bought an ap recently just have not been dealing with the right people I guess but it’s been discussed over so many different threads here no need to take away from your awesome addition.

Congrats, do post pics once you get it.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2020, 09:45 PM   #18
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
AP House in London quoted me "around a year, maybe more" for any non-blue 15500ST. I didn't have any history with them but was there for around an hour chatting and we seemed to get along, took all my details at the end.

They also mentioned that production in La Brassus was completely halted for 2 months which adds to the scarcity even more.

I ended up paying +10% for brand new black dial from grey dealer last month.
supernova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2020, 07:38 AM   #19
majidessa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
AP House in London quoted me "around a year, maybe more" for any non-blue 15500ST. I didn't have any history with them but was there for around an hour chatting and we seemed to get along, took all my details at the end.

They also mentioned that production in La Brassus was completely halted for 2 months which adds to the scarcity even more.

I ended up paying +10% for brand new black dial from grey dealer last month.

I was also told that AP was off but and that they should be back in business next week not sure how accurate this information is though
majidessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2020, 09:32 AM   #20
campfire
"TRF" Member

Hope you get it soon enough.
campfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2020, 08:36 AM   #21
cryptorx
"TRF" Member

Good luck! Let’s see some wrist shots when you get it :)
cryptorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 11:29 AM   #22
le_baron
"TRF" Member

I got the call! Shout out to Gilda at AP in Manhasset. She over delivered by getting this to me in 5 months; that’s less than half the 1+ year time I was originally quoted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 December 2020, 11:30 AM   #23
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Well done! Looks awesome.

Enjoy in the best of health.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 12:44 PM   #24
60sec
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126500, AP RO
Stunning. Congrats!

60sec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 06:06 PM   #25
Allanmodel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Still Looking....!
Congrats!
Allanmodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2020, 06:10 PM   #26
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Congrats indeed. I love mine. It’s an amazing dial and bracelet :-)
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2020, 04:02 PM   #27
YoungMoneyAssassin
"TRF" Member

Beautiful.

YoungMoneyAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2020, 08:47 PM   #28
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
Quote:
I got the call! Shout out to Gilda at AP in Manhasset. She over delivered by getting this to me in 5 months; that’s less than half the 1+ year time I was originally quoted.

Stunning! Very happy for you.
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2020, 01:17 AM   #29
Johnny Crystal
"TRF" Member

Beautiful!
Johnny Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2020, 01:27 AM   #30
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Congratulations, a wonderful timepiece!