The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > New Members

Old 2 November 2006, 09:41 AM   #1
sevoguy

Watch: TT DJ/Blue Sub
Icon20 Greetings from upstate South Carolina!

Hello folks!

Thought this would be a good opportunity to check in and say "hi." I have a 16233 Datejust (c 1993) that I purchased new from AD in 93. I've been very pleased with my chronograph, but I feel the need to add to my singular timepiece. Will probably select a TT blue Submariner, but more on that later...

I am SO impressed with the amount of useful information and authoritative opinions in this forum. Hopefully, I'll learn a few things and contribute when I become knowledgeable enough to do so.

Thanks!
Sevoguy
sevoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2006, 10:01 AM   #2
mailman
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Hey sev. Welcome toTRF Thanks for the kudos on our place. We have alot of knowledgeable members here.

But here's the main thing about TRF. We're more about the people than the watches. Sure we all have a love for mechanical watches here and sometimes we even talk about them. But for the most part we keep coming back because of the members. We have a great bunch here

So keep posting away and have yourself a blast.

BTW, there's a guy named JJ who is going to post some response in regards to you wanting a TT Blue Sub. Just ignore him. He can't make up his mind wheather he likes it or not. He had one, sold it, now wants one back. Don't be impressed by his pictures, all he buys are fakes. He gets coo-koo when he forgets to take his meds
Old 2 November 2006, 12:29 PM   #3
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Welcome to TRF, Sevoguy. Glad you found our merry madhouse. You've got a nice watch and good taste.

But beware, this JJ fellow is going to attach himself to you like glue. Once you said you're looking at a TT Blue Sub, you will never hear the end of how beautiful it is. And he's probably going to shower you with pics of it.

As Paulie said, just ignore him. He won't go away, but if you don't pay any attention to him, he'll just sit in the corner and sulk, which is the most we can hope for.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2006, 02:15 PM   #4
C.J.
"TRF" Member

Welcome to TRF We're looking forward to hearing more from you
Old 2 November 2006, 02:18 PM   #5
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
Welcome Sevoguy
Don't forget, we also like pictures. Doesn't matter about the quality, but they are always appreciated

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2006, 04:26 PM   #6
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevoguy View Post
Hello folks!

Thought this would be a good opportunity to check in and say "hi." I have a 16233 Datejust (c 1993) that I purchased new from AD in 93. I've been very pleased with my chronograph, but I feel the need to add to my singular timepiece. Will probably select a TT blue Submariner, but more on that later...

I am SO impressed with the amount of useful information and authoritative opinions in this forum. Hopefully, I'll learn a few things and contribute when I become knowledgeable enough to do so.

Thanks!
Sevoguy
Hi Sevoguy,

A big welcome to TRF. Anyone who loves the TT Blue Sub suddenly earns my love, respect and friendship too!!

That's a great choice and don't listen to these tossers...I'm so used to them by now that I'm totally immune to all their comments and ribbing.

It might take you a while to get used to this madhouse, but just hang in there, pal....and you'll LOVE this place. A friendlier bunch of nuts you will NOT find anywhere in the world!!!

Cheers - JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2006, 06:51 PM   #7
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Welcome to TRF, Sevoguy now your 16233 Datejust watch is a Chronometer,and not a Chronograph.Watches like the Daytona have Chronograph functions,in other words they are glorified stop watches.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2006, 12:57 AM   #8
sevoguy

Watch: TT DJ/Blue Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Welcome to TRF, Sevoguy now your 16233 Datejust watch is a Chronometer,and not a Chronograph.Watches like the Daytona have Chronograph functions,in other words they are glorified stop watches.
Thank you Padi. I stand corrected.
Sevoguy
sevoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2006, 10:25 AM   #9
SteveSanders987

Watch: Blue TT Subbie F
sevoguy,

Greetings from mark (stevesanders987). I recently received the voicemail regarding my timepiece and feel free to ring me back with questions...or catch me on here. I appreciate the call and hopefully you will be the new owner of this beautiful two-tone. Thanks again.

Mark
SteveSanders987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2006, 01:00 PM   #10
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Welcome to TRF sev.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote