The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 5 April 2024, 07:53 AM   #1
cjmaud
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15510SST
ROO Smoked Taupe bracelet color

Just got the call for the smoked Taupe ROO. For all that own it, have you changed the bracelet to any colors other than what it comes with? If so, can you post pics? I was thinking gray may be more versatile than the taupe strap, possibly white for summer? Anyone own this watch and then end up selling it because it lost the it factor? This will be my first ROO.
cjmaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 11:12 AM   #2
chaucer
"TRF" Member

Love mine, haven’t tried straps other than the 2 it comes with, interested also in the experience with other colors. I’ve had mine for about a year and I’m definitely not tired of it - the dial is great in my opinion and I think it’s a keeper
chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 11:58 AM   #3
Rockland
"TRF" Member

I just got mine yesterday as well! Love it. I think the taupe strap is perfect, wish the 2nd strap was any color other than black though. Would love to see alternative ideas.
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 12:10 PM   #4
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

I love love love my taupe ROO.
For original taupe strap suits the best, IMO.
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 12:35 PM   #5
golfer_john
"TRF" Member

I’ve had mine for a year. Love it. I don’t think grey would pair well. The watch has a military/earthy feel with taupe strap. The black makes it more versatile. I can’t think of another rubber strap option that would look as good as the two included. The star of the show is the dial. It’s spectacular.
golfer_john is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 12:46 PM   #6
gretch6364
"TRF" Member

I don’t own this watch, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I have worn this watch at my boutique many times and tried it with several different strap colors. These are my thoughts:

Opposite of some tiger that already posted, I think the taupe strap is the worst. Wouldn’t wear it very often (I would own this watch if it was in Ti).

The black looks absolutely awesome and I would have it on this strap a ton. Brings out the silver in the dial and subdues the tan IMHO.

White rubber looks great and pulls out the white txt on the dial. Second best option that I tried IMHO.

For other strap options, I would look into the custom textile options.
gretch6364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 01:54 PM   #7
Rockland
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
I don’t own this watch (I would own this watch if it was in Ti).
Interesting and valid observation. I also own the Ti 44. When I picked up the Taupe 43 yesterday, I was 99% certain I would sell the Ti44. However once I came home, in wearing the two watches back to back, the Ti44 actually wears better even with larger case due to the lighter weight. The Taupe 43 looks much better of course. Guess I will keep both :)
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 02:14 PM   #8
CactusTreeFiddy
"TRF" Member

I've seen yellow, it looks bad. I've seen white, it looks slightly better

Taupe definitely fits the bill the best, but black is the most versatile

Options are sadly pretty slim, would love it if they gave the ROO 42mm diver straps as an option, or previous Gen textured straps
CactusTreeFiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 03:22 AM   #9
cjmaud
"TRF" Member

Anyone with a light grey strap? Or textile rubber strap? I have to wait 2 weeks for the watch to arrive from Europe, and all the pics I see online tend to look best when the Taupe strap appears "gray".
Old 6 April 2024, 08:02 AM   #10
messikens
"TRF" Member

Agree with most most comments. Black strap looks pretty classic and a bit under the radar while accentuating the dial.
Taupe has a more military / off-hours / casual look.

Hated the leather options (just looks awful IMO). White strap may work if you're into the Miami look. Yellow / grey / blue doesn't work at all with the dial color - in me eyes at least.
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 09:28 AM   #11
10XRolex
2024 Pledge Member

They are all perfect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240405_192329_copy_750x1000.jpg (105.7 KB, 433 views)
10XRolex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 11:07 AM   #12
APhound
"TRF" Member

The blue is fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 12:02 PM   #13
CactusTreeFiddy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10XRolex View Post
They are all perfect.
Great thing about collecting is of course that everyone's entitled to their own opinion

But that's hard no from me
Old 6 April 2024, 12:59 PM   #14
flight89
"TRF" Member

I love the taupe rubber, but this one is my new favorite. It’s the light grey strap that comes on the rose gold/grey model. Neutral color works well with the dial, and the black contrast stitching ties into the bezel. Looks like it was made for this watch.

flight89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 02:00 PM   #15
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight89 View Post
I love the taupe rubber, but this one is my new favorite. It’s the light grey strap that comes on the rose gold/grey model. Neutral color works well with the dial, and the black contrast stitching ties into the bezel. Looks like it was made for this watch.

VERY nice! I wasn’t seeing the grey rubber as working, but this light grey looks to coincide with the angles and markers in dial, as well as the case itself. And of course the black stitching. I’m a big fan of these textile looking straps, even though they may not be as supple as the rubber. If not for price and other options, I’d been contemplating ordering a custom black textile strap (with taupe stitch) or vice versa, but this light grey looks really impressive.

Out of the rubber options, as others have said, the taupe goes so well, but black is a nice alternative and versatile option. I have the black leather, but haven’t tried it on yet. Lastly, I have the tan suede, but unfortunately in reality it didn’t make as much of an impression on me as I thought it would.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 06:54 PM   #16
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

This for me. Light brown
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 07:21 PM   #17
CactusTreeFiddy
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This is the best one I've seen yet, is that oem?
Old 6 April 2024, 11:35 PM   #18
Uppersouth
"TRF" Member

Watch: SWISS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
This for me. Light brown
The tan leather looks great!
-ROBERT FROST
Uppersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 04:30 AM   #19
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
VERY nice! I wasn’t seeing the grey rubber as working, but this light grey looks to coincide with the angles and markers in dial, as well as the case itself. And of course the black stitching. I’m a big fan of these textile looking straps, even though they may not be as supple as the rubber. If not for price and other options, I’d been contemplating ordering a custom black textile strap (with taupe stitch) or vice versa, but this light grey looks really impressive.

Out of the rubber options, as others have said, the taupe goes so well, but black is a nice alternative and versatile option. I have the black leather, but haven’t tried it on yet. Lastly, I have the tan suede, but unfortunately in reality it didn’t make as much of an impression on me as I thought it would.
I would get a custom black gator with taupe stitch, think that would add a really classy look, along with the sporty rubbers.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 04:36 AM   #20
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I would get a custom black gator with taupe stitch, think that would add a really classy look, along with the sporty rubbers.
Agreed, black gator gives it a classy look I would enjoy on casual work days…and addition of taupe stitching would be a special touch.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 04:48 AM   #21
APhound
"TRF" Member

Not the best shot but here’s taupe on Blk gator

Old 7 April 2024, 05:45 AM   #22
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That looks excellent, maybe even better than the tan calfskin.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 05:48 AM   #23
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Agreed, black gator gives it a classy look I would enjoy on casual work days…and addition of taupe stitching would be a special touch.
I would like to see a pic of yours with the black leather. Then you could just have it re-stitched to taupe by a strap maker or AP, it will be reversible too if it doesn't work, and saves you $400 on a custom one.
Old 7 April 2024, 05:50 AM   #24
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhound View Post

Nice, your pants, if they are pants, makes the leather seem taupe coloured.
Old 7 April 2024, 06:07 AM   #25
APhound
"TRF" Member

ROO Smoked Taupe bracelet color

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Nice, your pants, if they are pants, makes the leather seem taupe coloured.

Nicest pants I own lol. I’m sure they’re real impressed at the ap boutique w my lime green camos
Sir, maybe you’d be more comfortable at the fossil boutique

Old 7 April 2024, 06:12 AM   #26
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Nicest pants I own lol. I’m sure they’re real impressed at the ap boutique w my lime green camos
Sir, maybe you’d be more comfortable at the fossil boutique

That's the beauty of an AP ROO, you wear one and whatever the hell else you want to, what's anyone going to say.
Old 13 April 2024, 04:02 AM   #27
cjmaud
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Looks great. Do you mind posting a wrist shot with the watch on this strap? So far I have ordered the white strap from the boutique but may need to add this one as well!
Old 13 April 2024, 06:20 AM   #28
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I got the grey strap when I picked up mine when they first came out and prefer that to the taupe and black straps.

Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2024, 07:43 AM   #29
cjmaud
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Would love to see a wrist shot with this strap if you don’t mind posting!
Old 13 April 2024, 07:56 AM   #30
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Maybe just me but the boutique should really get the movement error fixed especially for watches they have to show folks...

Another running minute issue for the Chrono function while the second and hour hand looks reset... Gotta do better than that AP
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote