The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 24 December 2023, 12:46 AM   #31
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

I had the previous gen speedy and never found the bracelet and clasp to be comfortable. The new bracelet is a huge improvement for me, and I really enjoy how it wears.
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 01:51 AM   #32
dg8dg7
"TRF" Member

Love the taper. Bought the bracelet from my 1861 and never looked back. I've come to prefer that extreme of a tapered look on my watches, and it makes such a difference for my on wrist movement with a slimmer clasp.

Keep in mind that the GMT Master 2 tapers to 16mm I think, with the clasp at a 16.5mm width. Makes it much more comfortable on the wrist imo as well. I can't stand the 18mm clasps anymore, so don't let it bother you. You might find you start to prefer it over time as well.

Sent from my SM-S916W using Tapatalk
dg8dg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 02:10 AM   #33
turfmanjon
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Love the bracelet and its taper. It’s so comfortable and elegant and sort of vintage looking as well. I didn’t like the old version and this new bracelet got me to finally pick up a Speedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
turfmanjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 04:24 AM   #34
dg8dg7
"TRF" Member

Huge fan of the taper. Takes a bit of adjusting to, but I think you will find over time you start to prefer the taper. Helps so much with wrist flexibility imo. Ended up buying the new style bracelet for my 1861 and never looked back.

Old 28 December 2023, 12:05 AM   #35
Philou
"TRF" Member

I think 20-18 or maybe 17 would be more appealing to the eye
Philou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2023, 03:32 AM   #36
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

So I absolutely prefer the new bracelet over the previous generation. That said, I also agree that the taper is too severe. I also think it would be less conspicuous if the clasp wasn't the exact same size as the smallest tapered links. A millimeter or so of overlap on either side of the clasp would balance out the case on the opposite side of the wrist.

We are talking very subtle changes here, but I think it would be a huge improvement.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2023, 07:05 AM   #37
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

The stock bracelet is great, and if you tried it on first why I think you did, the extra heft of gold should make it better.

I find myself wearing both the Apollo 50th and 3861 bracelet on my speedy equally…when it’s actually on a bracelet.

trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2023, 02:03 AM   #38
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post
The stock bracelet is great, and if you tried it on first why I think you did, the extra heft of gold should make it better.

I find myself wearing both the Apollo 50th and 3861 bracelet on my speedy equally…when it’s actually on a bracelet.

I think the part I noticed the most was how narrow the clasp is. I've never seen a watch like this where the clasp is the exact same width as the bracelet. I think I would prefer a slight overhang, like 1 mm on each side, similar to Rolex clasps. I won't argue that comfort-wise it is a huge improvement over the previous generation. Guess it just takes some getting used to.

Sent from my SM-X710 using Tapatalk
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2023, 07:08 AM   #39
Tqmb79
"TRF" Member

Love the taper! One reason. I got the new one actually
Tqmb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2023, 07:49 AM   #40
Galaga167
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT Master 2
Is anyone bothered by the Speedmaster bracelet taper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCU2 View Post
I was impartial at first until I tried it on at the boutique. It's so much more comfortable and makes the watch wear so much better on my wrist. I now have the brushed version fitted to my previous gen Sapphire Sandwich (1863). + I like the a brushed look much more.

I’ve been thinking about doing the same with my 1861. How does the new bracelet fit at the lugs and the case?
Galaga167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2023, 08:25 AM   #41
dg8dg7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaga167 View Post
I’ve been thinking about doing the same with my 1861. How does the new bracelet fit at the lugs and the case?
There is a very slight gap along the lugs, but barely noticeable. You would think it's almost made for the 1861. Fit is tight with zero play, and looks a dream.

If you are thinking about it, pull the trigger. It's excellent on the 1861.PXL_20211207_205218119.jpg

Old 29 December 2023, 02:55 PM   #42
Galaga167
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg8dg7 View Post
There is a very slight gap along the lugs, but barely noticeable. You would think it's almost made for the 1861. Fit is tight with zero play, and looks a dream.

If you are thinking about it, pull the trigger. It's excellent on the 1861.Attachment 1410267

The female end links is what makes it fit nicer on the wrist.
Old 29 December 2023, 04:42 PM   #43
0nly5iv3Digits
"TRF" Member

Watch: Got a Few :)
I love the new bracelet. Absolutely takes the speedy moonwatch to a whole new level of cool and class! For context, I owned a late model 3570.50 about 12 years ago… loved the way it looked but it wore terribly with that chunky dated bracelet.

Long story short - I sold it because it was near unwearable for me on bracelet. I have 6.75 inch wrists. That said, I would definitely buy another speedy pro moonwatch today JUST on the basis of the bracelet alone.

UNpolished or I’m not interested” 😎
2FA Enabled
0nly5iv3Digits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2023, 12:49 PM   #44
dg8dg7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaga167 View Post
The female end links is what makes it fit nicer on the wrist.
Completely agree, and just miles ahead of the previous generation.

Also looks sharp on the new omega speedmaster rubber strap 20231201_101312.jpg

Old 30 December 2023, 02:32 PM   #45
Galaga167
"TRF" Member

I wear mine on this. OEM Leather with deployment:

Old 22 January 2024, 12:24 PM   #46
GMTMasterNJ

Watch: 126710BLRO
It took time to get used to it. I have a Planet Ocean and the 300m- both beefy bracelets. I absolutely love my 3861. Every once in a while I look at the clasp and the tapered bracelet and think, "wow, that's some taper. Pretty dainty compared to my non-tapering 300m." So, it doesn't bug me as much as it used to in previous months.
GMTMasterNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2024, 06:44 PM   #47
Danny83

Watch: Yellow Gold
I say its perfect
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2024, 01:10 PM   #48
misochew
"TRF" Member

Watch: n+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tqmb79 View Post
Love the taper! One reason. I got the new one actually

+1

…also happy I got the new micro-adjust. Comes in handy later in the day when you notice it’s starting to feel a little tight.
misochew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 08:07 AM   #49
statsman12345
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topspin14m View Post
everyone wants the seamaster bracelet to taper. Now you guys want the speedy to not taper. . It is true that omega needs to work on its bracelets, though i like the speedy one.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
+1
statsman12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2024, 04:22 PM   #50
APPRF
"TRF" Member

I ordered 2 new Speedmaster bracelets for two of my Speedies. It's perfect, and will order a third if I get a Snoopy. My third Speedmaster is the Apollo 50th and it's on a flat link bracelet, and my Seamaster is on a Forstner president bracelet and I wish both had the easy extension like the new Speedmaster bracelet.
APPRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 07:33 AM   #51
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
The watch is 42mm, so 15mm at the clasp is a lot of taper. Not a problem for me but on a larger wrist I can see how the watch would not visually balance well.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 09:59 AM   #52
GregCarr
Banned

I agree with you…I have the 3861, with the newest bracelet…too much taper, my bracelet still has the stickers on it, and swapped it for natos…and I have 3 forstner bracelets that I much prefer if I want it on steel. It is a matter of preference, but, I have 7.5 inch wrists for what it is worth and the taper is far too extreme for me.
GregCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2024, 03:59 AM   #53
rossi46
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post
So I absolutely prefer the new bracelet over the previous generation. That said, I also agree that the taper is too severe. I also think it would be less conspicuous if the clasp wasn't the exact same size as the smallest tapered links. A millimeter or so of overlap on either side of the clasp would balance out the case on the opposite side of the wrist.

We are talking very subtle changes here, but I think it would be a huge improvement.
That's exactly where I land. Taper is MUCH preferred to the older non-tapered bracelets. Omega should never go back to a non-tapered bracelet.

However, the size of the clasp relative to the case isn't as harmonious as it could be. The clasp looks just slightly off; "dainty." Omega should just match what Rolex does with the Jubilee on 36 and 40mm models. Simple.
Old 16 February 2024, 07:31 AM   #54
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Here is my highly objective review

The bracelet was the reason why I didn't buy the previous reference. Love the bracelet on the 3861.

Surprised about the complaints about the taper. Are people really looking that much at the clasp? It's modern and the old bracelet looked chunky and like something from the 80's
2001jesper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 06:51 AM   #55
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001jesper View Post
Here is my highly objective review

The bracelet was the reason why I didn't buy the previous reference. Love the bracelet on the 3861.

Surprised about the complaints about the taper. Are people really looking that much at the clasp? It's modern and the old bracelet looked chunky and like something from the 80's
Totally agree
It's the way it feels on the wrist for me and fat bracelets somehow feel constrictive like manacles.
I bought mine on the bracelet because I was offered a killer deal on the watch and I never bothered to have it sized but it was removed and swapped as soon as I could get my hands on a Silver Snoopy strap. It made the watch look grosely out of balance.
It's sitting in the bottom of a drawer somewhere with the plastic wrap still on it and never worn.
The best part about it was the screwed links. IMO
We all have our preferences and the new tapered bracelet is superb visually. But what would I know?
I thought the 5 digit Rolex Oyster bracelet configuration is about as good as it can get with regard to taper until I picked up my first 116660. Lol.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 07:58 AM   #56
Mick Z
"TRF" Member

I picked up a new Hesalite Speedy last week on the nylon deployant strap. I ordered and installed the Sapphire Sandwich bracelet with the polished links instead of the all-brushed Hesalite version. With the strap, the taper seems more pronounced, which really bugged me. The bracelet, on the other hand, looks and wears great--very comfortable and light, and for some reason, I find the taper a non-issue. It's a nice change of pace from my Sub and Seamaster, similar in feel to a Jubilee.

My only gripe is that Omega should have added a couple of extra adjustment points. As it is, it functions like the Rolex Easylink. It's not a deal breaker, but I would appreciate more flexibility, especially during the summer months. For reference, I have a 7 1/2" - 7 3/4" wrist.

I also picked up a Barton rubber strap, which doesn't taper as much as the OEM, and I prefer it over the stock one. I highly recommend the Barton, and it comes with both standard and long lengths, three pieces in total. It's thick and broad at the lugs, which looks great, especially if you have a larger wrist.
Mick Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 10:44 AM   #57
johnk
2024 Pledge Member

Pictures of the Speedy on the Barton strap would be appreciated..

johnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2024, 04:13 PM   #58
djona
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
Love the taper.
djona is offline   Reply With Quote