The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 16 August 2021, 06:27 AM   #1
llngoc
"TRF" Member

5268/200R or …

If you have a chance to bundle, do you feel that the new 5268r is a good choice? Or would you look into a 5164a or 5726a. I know it is a little apple to orange but below is my reasoning…

My reasoning is that the 5268 is now hard to obtain due to its newness but since it is more a women jewelry piece, it may not be difficult to obtain once the novelty wears off. My wife can wait a few years and she would be fine.

But a SS Aquanaut or Nautilus may always be difficult to come by in the foreseeable future. And I feel that it may be a better use of a silver bullet. What I really want is a 5968a but I was told that the ETA is an unknown as the AD have not even received one for this year yet.

What are your thoughts? Do you think the ladies 5268 may become more obtainable eventually?
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2021, 07:00 AM   #2
HMHM
"TRF" Member

I think generally women are less interested in watches as opposed to handbags and shoes etc... ADs are more receptive to request for women watches, doesn't matter if the watch is from the Nautilus or Aquanaut line up. I don't think it will be easy, but it will be EASIER compared to the 5164a or 5726. If you can bundle, then try for the 5164a or 5726. Your wife might even be able to wear them.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2021, 07:16 AM   #3
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
I think generally women are less interested in watches as opposed to handbags and shoes etc... ADs are more receptive to request for women watches, doesn't matter if the watch is from the Nautilus or Aquanaut line up. I don't think it will be easy, but it will be EASIER compared to the 5164a or 5726. If you can bundle, then try for the 5164a or 5726. Your wife might even be able to wear them.

I will get the 5268 eventually but if possible best not as a bundle down the road. It seems like a 5726a may be a better choice as a bundle. My wife won’t be able to wear it though as she feels that the 5711 was too large for her.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote