The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 28 December 2020, 04:51 AM   #31
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500,116610,VCO
Does anyone think it’s redundant to get a Seamaster 300m when you already have a SubC? I have also been interested in the Seamaster and Omega watches after my recent purchase of the Speedy. Loving my speedy and would love to add another Omega.
RaZCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2020, 05:18 AM   #32
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZCaL View Post
Does anyone think it’s redundant to get a Seamaster 300m when you already have a SubC? I have also been interested in the Seamaster and Omega watches after my recent purchase of the Speedy. Loving my speedy and would love to add another Omega.

No. Absolutely not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2020, 06:39 AM   #33
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
Quote:
Black sub and blue Seamaster is a knockout 1-2 punch.

C0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2020, 07:36 AM   #34
rcclarkie
"TRF" Member

Watch: SMP 300m
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
You're going to love it, trust me! Looks good in photos, but looks even better when you put it on your wrist.

I’ll second what @samson66 says.

Once you get the white dial & rubber combo on wrist it just feels so right. Totally blew me away when I first tried it on at my AD during the pre-sale showing last summer, and again when I went in for another look a few months ago.

Planning to pull the trigger very soon on this one

rcclarkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2020, 08:00 PM   #35
ericg
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/SubC/SMP 300
I spoke to the Omega AD today and they have one white dial on black rubber and offered 13%. The 2 other AD are out of stock on it. I haven’t tried the 3 Omega boutiques in town yet. I’ve yet to try it on as I won’t make it into the city until the end of Jan but have no doubts I’ll love it..small wrist and all
ericg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2020, 01:34 AM   #36
ddaly12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcclarkie View Post
I’ll second what @samson66 says.

Once you get the white dial & rubber combo on wrist it just feels so right. Totally blew me away when I first tried it on at my AD during the pre-sale showing last summer, and again when I went in for another look a few months ago.

Planning to pull the trigger very soon on this one

That IS a great looking watch. I need to get over to my AD to try one on.

ddaly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2020, 07:10 AM   #37
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

I am having the itch to purchase one. I was thinking of the black dial because it’s easier to match with everything but I already own a few black dial watches including my sub. The blue and white also looks great! Can’t decide!
Old 29 December 2020, 09:51 AM   #38
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
My wrist is 7.25" and the new SMP300 fits perfectly. Here's a size comparison.

Old 29 December 2020, 09:52 AM   #39
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
I am having the itch to purchase one. I was thinking of the black dial because it’s easier to match with everything but I already own a few black dial watches including my sub. The blue and white also looks great! Can’t decide!

Get the blue for sure if you have the sub already.

Old 29 December 2020, 12:00 PM   #40
Pronto0322
"TRF" Member

Only thing bad about it is that it just neeeeds the sun!!!

Pronto0322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2020, 12:37 PM   #41
ddaly12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
My wrist is 7.25" and the new SMP300 fits perfectly. Here's a size comparison.

Thanks! This is helpful.

Old 30 December 2020, 12:20 AM   #42
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:

I have a Subc. Thinking about getting the chrome (silver) or blue dial version. It’s not redundant if you get a different color.

Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 05:04 AM   #43
ddaly12
"TRF" Member

Trip to the AD isn’t making things much easier!!! The movement winds nice and smooth. Good bezel action. Gotta say, the blue was stunning. Black on rubber also super sharp... that’s a great, soft rubber strap. Size works well. AD hinted at a discount, but I didn’t push too hard just yet. Going to sleep on it. We shall see!!

Old 30 December 2020, 05:24 AM   #44
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaly12 View Post
Trip to the AD isn’t making things much easier!!! The movement winds nice and smooth. Good bezel action. Gotta say, the blue was stunning. Black on rubber also super sharp... that’s a great, soft rubber strap. Size works well. AD hinted at a discount, but I didn’t push too hard just yet. Going to sleep on it. We shall see!!

What size is your wrist? Looks great!
Old 30 December 2020, 05:38 AM   #45
ddaly12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What size is your wrist? Looks great!

7.25”... nice full bodied fit

Old 30 December 2020, 08:30 AM   #46
CollinVon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
I have both the white dial SMP and the new Sub C date and they definitely both have a place in my collection. The Sub C definitely has more of a luxury watch feel whereas the SMP, especially in white, seems to present itself as a bit more fun and less serious.

I wear the SMP 24/7. I originally bought it on the bracelet and the AD included the rubber strap in the sale. I wore it on the bracelet for maybe three weeks before I put the rubber strap on. The bracelet is relatively comfortable, but in my opinion, isn't even close to the the Oyster. I could never find a perfectly comfortable setting, even with the micro adjustments. However, as soon as I put it on the rubber strap, it became the most comfortable watch I own.

I bought the SMP specifically to wear as a daily and not worry about quite as much my DJ41 and Sub. It has honestly exceeded my expectations in every category so far. It's unbelievably accurate: I only gain a little over one second per week depending on my activity levels. The 15,000 gauss rating is more than you'll ever need, and it's incredibly legible. To me, it's the perfect daily.

CollinVon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 10:56 AM   #47
ddaly12
"TRF" Member

Back home comparing to my current diver collection... thinking the white or blue is the right compliment. Black feels a little redundant with my Seiko MM300 and Sumo in the mix. Leaning towards white on rubber.

Old 30 December 2020, 11:34 AM   #48
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
I’m digging this watch after never really giving it a second thought. What’s a good ballpark you guys are snagging these for?

Sent using Tapatalk
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2020, 12:42 PM   #49
ericg
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/SubC/SMP 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinVon View Post
I have both the white dial SMP and the new Sub C date and they definitely both have a place in my collection. The Sub C definitely has more of a luxury watch feel whereas the SMP, especially in white, seems to present itself as a bit more fun and less serious.

I wear the SMP 24/7. I originally bought it on the bracelet and the AD included the rubber strap in the sale. I wore it on the bracelet for maybe three weeks before I put the rubber strap on. The bracelet is relatively comfortable, but in my opinion, isn't even close to the the Oyster. I could never find a perfectly comfortable setting, even with the micro adjustments. However, as soon as I put it on the rubber strap, it became the most comfortable watch I own.

I bought the SMP specifically to wear as a daily and not worry about quite as much my DJ41 and Sub. It has honestly exceeded my expectations in every category so far. It's unbelievably accurate: I only gain a little over one second per week depending on my activity levels. The 15,000 gauss rating is more than you'll ever need, and it's incredibly legible. To me, it's the perfect daily.

Exactly my thoughts on the SMP...SubC and GMT are stuck in the safe most of the time and the thought of this as I daily wearer I don’t need to worry about is very attractive as well as loving the white dial rubber strap setup. Will be picking it up soon.
ericg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 09:15 AM   #50
mr ling
"TRF" Member

Watch: my P&L
I have a current SMP black wave. I absolutely love it. For 2020 it is the only diver I want to wear. People will say the bracelet is uncomfortable, and/ or needs to taper, but I really like the deployant clasp, so the lack of taper is fine by me. It wears really well, is rather comfortable for a watch its size, and has a great fit and finish. The only con I have is that A/R coating on the exterior vs interior of the crystal.
mr ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 04:56 PM   #51
cjcarter134
"TRF" Member

I'm not a fan of the new Omega Seamaster 300. It's gotten to be a bit too chunky for me. I feel that way about a lot of Omega's watches like the Aqua Terra. The newer Omega movements starting with 8500 have caused their watches to be thicker. I'd go for the older style Seamaster with applied hour markers, wave dial, and the 2500 movement. I believe there was a specialty Omega Seamaster Bond watch that had the 1120 movement and applied hour markers. But I wasn't a fan of having 007 all over the dial. I wish you luck in finding a Seasmaster that you will enjoy wearing.
cjcarter134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 07:55 PM   #52
watchmavan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcarter134 View Post
I'm not a fan of the new Omega Seamaster 300. It's gotten to be a bit too chunky for me. I feel that way about a lot of Omega's watches like the Aqua Terra. The newer Omega movements starting with 8500 have caused their watches to be thicker. I'd go for the older style Seamaster with applied hour markers, wave dial, and the 2500 movement. I believe there was a specialty Omega Seamaster Bond watch that had the 1120 movement and applied hour markers. But I wasn't a fan of having 007 all over the dial. I wish you luck in finding a Seasmaster that you will enjoy wearing.

I agree that Omega calibres are generally too thick. The 8800 however is thinner than an ETA 2824.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
watchmavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2020, 08:10 PM   #53
Mac-427
"TRF" Member

I sold all my Rolex watches and purchased my Big Black that I wear 24/7. Absolutely love the watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seamaster.jpg (97.5 KB, 192 views)
Mac-427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2021, 05:09 AM   #54
ddaly12
"TRF" Member

Pulled the trigger on a new ceramic white dial on bracelet this afternoon. Wire out the door!!! Should have it early next week. Will be sure to post updates!!!

Thanks for all the input. Omega Forum of TRF is awesome. Very happy to be joining the Seamaster club soon!!

Cheers!!

For now I’ll have to just drool over this...

Old 1 January 2021, 05:12 AM   #55
Thrasher36
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 216570
Buy on steel and ask for the straps as a gift, but buy steel and add straps
Thrasher36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2021, 06:23 AM   #56
Texans93
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller 43

Rubber strap and buckle arrived today. It’s a game changer, totally different watch, highly recommend!

Texans93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2021, 06:52 AM   #57
ddaly12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans93 View Post

Rubber strap and buckle arrived today. It’s a game changer, totally different watch, highly recommend!

Nice... just ordered mine on steel. What was the process to order the rubber strap? Did you go through your AD? Are there other channels?

Old 1 January 2021, 07:21 AM   #58
Texans93
"TRF" Member

I ordered mine through the OB in San Antonio. He had it in stock and I received it in two days. Smooth transaction..

Old 1 January 2021, 07:23 AM   #59
Texans93
"TRF" Member

I read on another post of other places that can source one for you but I got lucky and it was in stock. Strap was $250 and the buckle was $50, plus tax of course.

Old 1 January 2021, 08:02 AM   #60
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaly12 View Post
Pulled the trigger on a new ceramic white dial on bracelet this afternoon. Wire out the door!!! Should have it early next week. Will be sure to post updates!!!

Thanks for all the input. Omega Forum of TRF is awesome. Very happy to be joining the Seamaster club soon!!

Cheers!!

For now I’ll have to just drool over this...

Congrats, it's a great watch. I'm still kicking myself for letting go of mine...it may be back in short order! I really like it on geckota racing style black/red stitch water resistant.

https://www.watchgecko.com/racale-wa...er-watch-strap
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote