The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 12 January 2021, 04:17 PM   #1
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Has any Omega Snoopy deposit been returned?

Hi,

Just saw this in another thread on the forum that the OP knows of people who have been offered refunds on their Omega Snoopy deposits through OBs. Has anyone on this forum received a call from the OB offering to return their full deposit? My understanding was that once the OB has taken full deposit, the watch will be delivered no matter how long it takes.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2021, 09:39 PM   #2
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
I don't know of any but this sounds like the OB may be looking to move some people up the waiting list.

I spoke to the NYC OB last week. The SA I spoke with told me that Omega never tells them how many watches they will get. What he did tell me is the wait could be 5 years before everyone on the waiting list gets their Snoopy. He also told me that it's possible the NYC OB could receive anywhere from 100-200 Snoopy's in 2021. He just doesn't know.

Only time will tell.
mmaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2021, 11:30 PM   #3
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
I don't know of any but this sounds like the OB may be looking to move some people up the waiting list.

I spoke to the NYC OB last week. The SA I spoke with told me that Omega never tells them how many watches they will get. What he did tell me is the wait could be 5 years before everyone on the waiting list gets their Snoopy. He also told me that it's possible the NYC OB could receive anywhere from 100-200 Snoopy's in 2021. He just doesn't know.

Only time will tell.
Is it possible 100-200 in 2021?
The expected rate at the moment is 2-3 per month.
It’s true they don’t know how many will get, but consider that their realistic expectation was about 25-30 watches for 2021.
Based on the rate of delivery they are giving a waiting time of above two years for all the customers are over position 50 on the list.
Did you get on the official list with them?

Regarding the calls for returns of deposits, they are happening outside US.
All the US customers with the reference payed in full have the watch guaranteed and confirmed by Omega HQ.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2021, 12:51 AM   #4
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringhio View Post
Is it possible 100-200 in 2021?
The expected rate at the moment is 2-3 per month.
It’s true they don’t know how many will get, but consider that their realistic expectation was about 25-30 watches for 2021.
Based on the rate of delivery they are giving a waiting time of above two years for all the customers are over position 50 on the list.
Did you get on the official list with them?
Yes... I'm on the waiting list with NYC OB. Have been on the list since the day after the Snoopy-3 was released.
Old 13 January 2021, 01:05 AM   #5
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
Yes... I'm on the waiting list with NYC OB. Have been on the list since the day after the Snoopy-3 was released.
Got it. Vey interesting and thanks for sharing>
If they are considering the possibility that they might get 100 in one year, well that's a game changer!
This hypothesis was completely ruled out in December, by them. So something changed.
Did they tell you how many were received so far? To make this a real possibility they should have received at least 8 pieces within the past 3 weeks.
Old 13 January 2021, 01:52 AM   #6
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
Quote:
If they are considering the possibility that they might get 100 in one year, well that's a game changer!
This hypothesis was completely ruled out in December, by them. So something changed.
Did they tell you how many were received so far? To make this a real possibility they should have received at least 8 pieces within the past 3 weeks.
Maybe true for NY boutique only. It's perhaps their flagship in the entire US and probably their biggest.
C0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2021, 01:55 AM   #7
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
i was called regarding my 321 deposit, asking if i wanted to switch it to an alternate
Old 13 January 2021, 01:58 AM   #8
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0d View Post
Maybe true for NY boutique only. It's perhaps their flagship in the entire US and probably their biggest.
Yep, they told me they were expecting the highest allocation.
But this potential estimate is really good news!
Old 13 January 2021, 02:02 AM   #9
mmaggi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't recall how many they received (it was more than one). But he did say some wanted off the list when they found out how long the wait could be. He did say that it could take 5 years to satisfy the wait list. No one knows.

Again.... my take away from the conversation is no different than before the conversation: 1) They (all OBs) don't know how many they're getting, 2) How many Snoopy's Omega plans on producing, 3) And we don't truly know what the demand is.

Time will tell.
Old 13 January 2021, 03:45 AM   #10
DoubleBridge
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the time
For those who have put in deposits, did you have to put down 100%?
DoubleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2021, 04:32 AM   #11
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I placed $2k back when it was first released which was the required 20% at the time.
Old 13 January 2021, 11:04 AM   #12
victor108
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek Philippe
I paid in full plus tax in Oct, was told I might get it sometime 1st quarter. The boutique told me that have only received 2 so far and went to their top VIP.
victor108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2021, 11:12 AM   #13
ValueYouWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Omega
I put 100% down in Hawaii. One supposed to is here and more are coming. The first goes to VIP only, I bought only the Hodinkee edition from them before. Not a VIP status haha
ValueYouWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2021, 06:39 AM   #14
DoubleBridge
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the time
Thanks for the information guys. Godspeed on a speedy wait!
DoubleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 11:17 AM   #15
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
Got F'd hard by the Omega boutique. I placed my order the day the Snoopy was announced, the SA said we only have 2 spots left so I paid the 5K.. waited diligently and touched base once in a while. I finally made it back to Vancouver and popped in to see the SA, was told she's no longer at the boutique and my spot on the list is 82nd. The SA never disclosed my position but I'm assuming they wouldn't have taken my deposit for 82nd spot and the total allocations wasn't 83.
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 11:46 AM   #16
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by szabo_martin View Post
Got F'd hard by the Omega boutique. I placed my order the day the Snoopy was announced, the SA said we only have 2 spots left so I paid the 5K.. waited diligently and touched base once in a while. I finally made it back to Vancouver and popped in to see the SA, was told she's no longer at the boutique and my spot on the list is 82nd. The SA never disclosed my position but I'm assuming they wouldn't have taken my deposit for 82nd spot and the total allocations wasn't 83.
That is ridiculous given you paid 5k. Sounds like whoever took over the list had previous clients with high spend history. This is Rolex behaviour pure and simple. Assume you asked for your money back?
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 11:14 PM   #17
LDesp
"TRF" Member

I am currently on the list at my local Authorized Dealer, so not an Omega Boutique. I made my reservation with the owner of the AD directly.

The owner told me that Omega had guaranteed him 20 pieces in total, but that the timeline was unknown and that he therefore could not commit to a delivery date towards me either (which is understandable, obviously). Additionally, he specifically stressed that he would deliver the watches on a 'first come, first serve' basis, and that they do no play any 'preferred client' games. If I placed a deposit of 10% I would be 7th on the list. I decided to place my deposit the same day and was confirmed my place in writing.

Currently, I'm very sceptical about receiving the watch in the forseeable future, particularly given the fact that I am dealing with an AD and not an OB. I am going to contact the AD and find out whether he can give any more info (though I'm not very optimistic). Depending on the feedback I get, I may or may not decide to request a refund of my deposit.
LDesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 12:16 AM   #18
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
That is disgraceful and bordering on criminal. Basically you gave them a it and interest free loan and they took it.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 02:28 AM   #19
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you placed the deposit on the day it was announced it’s totally possible that you were already in a pretty bad position on the day of the announcement.
Consider that the official lists opened about 3 weeks before the announcement, when I placed a deposit in September (on day 2 of the official opening) there were already more than 50 people on my OB list.
Old 17 January 2021, 02:30 AM   #20
Trog
Banned

If this indeed is an Omega marketing strategy, I don't believe it's going to work out as well as they hoped.
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 03:35 AM   #21
AdamW
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
To those of you who put down a 100% deposit, I hope your ADs stay in business. Personally I think it's insane given how few of these will actually make it to the intended buyer. Just my 2 cents but... This is turning me off to the brand just as Rolex has done. Time to start looking at Zenith or GP.

" I don't have a microwave oven but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks $h!t" - Mitch Hedburgh
AdamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 03:40 AM   #22
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
Quote:

So did you ask for your money back?
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 04:29 AM   #23
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDesp View Post
I am currently on the list at my local Authorized Dealer, so not an Omega Boutique. I made my reservation with the owner of the AD directly.

The owner told me that Omega had guaranteed him 20 pieces in total, but that the timeline was unknown and that he therefore could not commit to a delivery date towards me either (which is understandable, obviously). Additionally, he specifically stressed that he would deliver the watches on a 'first come, first serve' basis, and that they do no play any 'preferred client' games. If I placed a deposit of 10% I would be 7th on the list. I decided to place my deposit the same day and was confirmed my place in writing.

Currently, I'm very sceptical about receiving the watch in the forseeable future, particularly given the fact that I am dealing with an AD and not an OB. I am going to contact the AD and find out whether he can give any more info (though I'm not very optimistic). Depending on the feedback I get, I may or may not decide to request a refund of my deposit.
20 pieces!?
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 08:27 AM   #24
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengold View Post
20 pieces!?
It could be If it’s a big AD and for the whole run.
Estimate from my AD was 3 to 5 pieces in 2021.
Basically impossible, they didn’t even consider getting any deposit from me, and I asked to place one, because they know at the moment they will never be able to deliver a Snoopy to me.
All the high rollers are on top of the ADs lists.
Allocations are expected between Jan and Feb anyway, so we will have some pieces distributed by the AD pretty soon.
Old 17 January 2021, 08:36 AM   #25
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
To those of you who put down a 100% deposit, I hope your ADs stay in business. Personally I think it's insane given how few of these will actually make it to the intended buyer. Just my 2 cents but... This is turning me off to the brand just as Rolex has done. Time to start looking at Zenith or GP.
I don’t think any AD took 100% deposit. That would be insane considering they don’t have an allocation guaranteed.
The only 100% deposit available that I’m aware of is with OB in USA, because the allocation is assured by Omega, and this is only for the American market.
Old 17 January 2021, 11:17 AM   #26
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
So did you ask for your money back?
Yes oddly they were the ones pushing me to take back my deposit. “Ohh it could be a very long time” whatever I got Rolex’d out of an Omega. I was so amped for this watch, it would’ve been my first chrono to add to my collection. Followed the watch, made my deposit day one and then followed all the threads and YouTube vids excited to get one. I have a sea master and loved it but this really soured omega for me. I know it’s just this boutique but still
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 09:35 PM   #27
CEG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleBridge View Post
For those who have put in deposits, did you have to put down 100%?
No, I put down 50% here in the UK..

CEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 10:32 PM   #28
ratty
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEG View Post
No, I put down 50% here in the UK..
Was that at a Goldsmiths shop?
Old 17 January 2021, 11:37 PM   #29
rick101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
Was that at a Goldsmiths shop?
Goldsmiths/wos and Mappin & Webb let you pay in full for 24 hours after launch then it switched to register interest. I heard some tried to checkout then it said out of stock
rick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 01:08 AM   #30
ratty
"TRF" Member

Goldsmiths at Brent Cross asked if I would pay to go on a waiting list. I declined!

They couldn't even confirm that they would definitely get one let alone when I would get it.

Last edited by ratty; 18 January 2021 at 01:13 AM.. Reason: Spelin