The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 16 June 2023, 11:09 AM   #1
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
I Just recently found this out too after stumbling back into the brand. Paneristi had some great guys, I bought and sold lots of PAMs there back around 2010. Even met a few of those guys in person for local deals. Sad!
The Paneristis have always been strong within our own group but much less high profile the last few years. The core culture is still there it’s just the hype focus is all on the Rolex brand which isn’t a bad thing for a Panerai owner and collector. Panerai owners are certainly about the watch and not about the “flex”.
Old 16 June 2023, 11:51 AM   #2
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
The Paneristis have always been strong within our own group but much less high profile the last few years. The core culture is still there it’s just the hype focus is all on the Rolex brand which isn’t a bad thing for a Panerai owner and collector. Panerai owners are certainly about the watch and not about the “flex”.
Hence me returning! Something was missing, I always have kind of yearned for another Panerai, I don’t care what anybody else thinks about the brand. I really enjoy their aesthetic and after I found my recent 233 I couldn’t be more thrilled. Glad to be back

But yes definitely had some good convo with Paneristi back then. Heck, everything has changed though, EVERY ‘watch guy’ I talked to 10+ years ago was a way different conversation than the ‘watch guy’ of post COVID.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote