The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 29 November 2020, 07:26 AM   #91
chippie
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 43
Nice collection .
Old 29 November 2020, 07:31 AM   #92
chippie
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 43
My OCD tells me the two GMTs should be numbers 1 and 4 ,two daytona's 2 and 5 ,and sub and SD 3 and 6 in the box.
Old 29 November 2020, 07:33 AM   #93
HideMyWalletPlease
"TRF" Member

That’s a very nice collection. Thank you for sharing. Now my humor for the day...

Typical TRF poster buys stainless professional watch and says, “I bought this because I love the brand and appreciate the historical significance of this reference”

Typical TRF poster sees another poster with a collection of hard to get refs and says, “You have no creativity. You are obviously a mindless sheep. You must be heavily influenced by social media. You bought into the hype. I’m going to assume you are weak minded and bad with money even though you obviously are successful at something”
Old 29 November 2020, 08:03 AM   #94
Goin2drt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideMyWalletPlease View Post
That’s a very nice collection. Thank you for sharing. Now my humor for the day...

Typical TRF poster buys stainless professional watch and says, “I bought this because I love the brand and appreciate the historical significance of this reference”

Typical TRF poster sees another poster with a collection of hard to get refs and says, “You have no creativity. You are obviously a mindless sheep. You must be heavily influenced by social media. You bought into the hype. I’m going to assume you are weak minded and bad with money even though you obviously are successful at something”
That’s really weird I didn’t see any of those posts. Didn’t see anyone calling him weak minded and saying he had no creativity. Didn’t even see the word sheep once.
Old 29 November 2020, 10:02 AM   #95
HideMyWalletPlease
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin2drt View Post
That’s really weird I didn’t see any of those posts. Didn’t see anyone calling him weak minded and saying he had no creativity. Didn’t even see the word sheep once.
A very high percentage of replies threw some “shade” at the OP for collecting the hottest references. You are correct though sir. Those exact words were not used. 😃👌👍🏻
Old 29 November 2020, 10:14 AM   #96
HideMyWalletPlease
"TRF" Member

I don’t want to get the OPs thread too off the rails. This is certainly some of the most iconic watches Rolex offers. Congrats again on your collection. I personally couldn’t keep them at the bank because I like to wear my watches. I won’t question your motives. I’m sure you have your reasons.
Old 29 November 2020, 10:26 AM   #97
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Awesome collection! SS goals for sure!
Old 29 November 2020, 11:04 AM   #98
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Great pieces. I am jealous! Enjoy these beauts
Old 29 November 2020, 12:02 PM   #99
VacherObsessive
"TRF" Member

When I see a collection like this, which is a beautiful collection, but the sum of the beautiful parts makes it come across as a box of investments rather than passion for the hobby. Obtaining one of these pieces is hard at an AD and is certainly a great thing if you can get one that you really want, but again the sum of all the pieces like that does look a little sterile. Just looks like a grey market watch window front and centre

It Might have just taken an Explorer 1 or 2 or a 5 digit piece in this pure rolex collection To add some credibility, but no. I’d personally trade one of the Daytona’s for a top Patek calitrava to elevate the collection. But each to their own
Old 29 November 2020, 12:46 PM   #100
Lamontsanders
"TRF" Member

Very nice collection. You need a Sky-Dweller. I'd ditch one of the Daytonas and get a Sky (but I also don't love Daytonas).
Old 29 November 2020, 01:10 PM   #101
HideMyWalletPlease
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VacherObsessive View Post
When I see a collection like this, which is a beautiful collection, but the sum of the beautiful parts makes it come across as a box of investments rather than passion for the hobby. Obtaining one of these pieces is hard at an AD and is certainly a great thing if you can get one that you really want, but again the sum of all the pieces like that does look a little sterile. Just looks like a grey market watch window front and centre

It Might have just taken an Explorer 1 or 2 or a 5 digit piece in this pure rolex collection To add some credibility, but no. I’d personally trade one of the Daytona’s for a top Patek calitrava to elevate the collection. But each to their own

Credibility????

You’re a clown.
Old 29 November 2020, 06:30 PM   #102
VonSomething
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideMyWalletPlease View Post

You kind of touch on it yourself. The original post mentions nothing about why these watches made it to his collection.

The way it's presented, starting with the title, just sets the tone as just being a weird kind of flex. "Look I got 6 SS sportsmodels" - we all know SS pieces like these are hard to get.

In the post itself he again just points out these pieces are hard to get. That's it, nothing about why these are collected.

The collection itself consists solely of the hardest to get SS watches in the Rolex line.

Not just one Daytona Ceramic, but two. Not just one GMT, but two. Not just any Submariner, no, the newest Cermit. All watches that must have been acquired within the last short period of time.

This is a discussion board, every comment doesn't have to be "wow nice, congrats".

OP can clearly take the critique, why shouldn't he? If he is happy with his collection then that's fine. There's nothing wrong with only wanting to collect hard to obtain pieces.

I understand why people feel it lacks some personal flair, I think even OP will agree that a collection like this can seem that way to others.

Swap out one of the Daytonas with a DD, one of the GMT's with a Datejust and nobody would probably have said a thing.

Congrats again to OP on being able to obtain these pieces. If I could have one piece out of the collection it would be the WD Daytona
Old 29 November 2020, 07:56 PM   #103
bmb15
Banned

"I will take all six in stainless steel, no need to wrap them!!!”

@OP
A nice collection out of which I like the Sea-Dweller most. I'm more towards the classic models.
Great that you reply to many answers!
Most important for me is your reply "I only buy what I like and what I will wear." Enjoy!
Old 29 November 2020, 08:08 PM   #104
Clasper
"TRF" Member

My personal opinion is why bother putting them on though if you are going to get sh*t for doing so, I thought the whole point of the forum was to share, people don't have to.

I have a similar range of references and some older ones too but what's the point of putting them up if your going to get cr*p for it, they are certainly not being flipped by the looks of things and if he collects latest SS like I do then so be it.

I normally order on release day from my DD the specific SS models I like the look of, after that they get hyped up by either forums, the media or just the natural way things are moving these days. I like my fellow poster on here most likely don't look for what's the latest trend as Rolex is good at putting that out there but I have a budget each year which doesn't stretch to PM so I either buy SS or save for PM and I like SS models anyway for me personally they aren't too loud but don't get me wrong I would love a PM model if I could afford it.
Old 29 November 2020, 08:22 PM   #105
eightball76
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16520, LV, SD4K
I’d like to thanks the OP for taking the time to answer my question about which one He wears the most.
Lots of uncalled for comments on here, the WIS family forum has long since changed in the 10 years I’ve been visiting.
Perhaps all forums have changed now that there’s a bigger audience
Old 29 November 2020, 08:29 PM   #106
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball76 View Post
I’d like to thanks the OP for taking the time to answer my question about which one He wears the most.
Lots of uncalled for comments on here, the WIS family forum has long since changed in the 10 years I’ve been visiting.
Perhaps all forums have changed now that there’s a bigger audience
Have to agree about the change, and not for the better, this thread is now closed before some members in the thread gets there membership closed permanently .

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Closed Thread