The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 9 February 2022, 07:45 AM   #31
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp006 View Post
The new size looks great on your wrist. How is the interchangeable strap system? Were you able to test it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The interchangeable strap system is very user-friendly.

I like the two OEM strap options that came with my 1271, but I’ve also enjoyed it on a variety of aftermarket straps to this point, and changing the strap is easy that way too.

MickCollins1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2022, 07:54 AM   #32
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp006 View Post
The new size looks great on your wrist. How is the interchangeable strap system? Were you able to test it?

The salesman showed me. There's a little button/latch on the back of the strap and you just push it to remove from the lug bar/pin and push again to put back on. Just click on and click off. Very simple. They don't have a ton of straps available yet with the new system, but more are on the way this year.

There's also a new quick-change for the buckle, which you need to remove to put on the different strap if you're changing them. You fold the buckle down with a click and the pin pops out just enough to allow you to grab it and remove. Smart.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2022, 06:22 AM   #33
nigelUK
"TRF" Member

Panerai 40mm with sandwich Dial

I met a guy today to do a watch deal and he happened to have on blue dial and I tried it on... it was a stunner. Couldn't believe it was the new Quaranta in only 40mm !

Panerai was where my watch hobby really took off in early 2000s. After some years and owning many Pams, I got tired of the brand and also the size become an issue. I loved the history, like we all do but lost the enthusiasm of lugging round a massive watch, especially at work, as its not the 1940s and I work in a site office.

Up until now most of the 'reduced size' Panerai's I have tried were either too thick or very poorly scaled down from the traditional. This model is perfectly scaled down and the best release from Panerai I have seen for years. I have a mr average 7.25 wrist and it fitted perfectly. Like a normal beautiful watch. This blue version is quite dark and subtle

I know most die hard Paneristi’s probably won't like it but this is the way forward to get Panerai back where it belongs. There's been some real abominations in the last 10 years or so, this is a step in the right direction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9652.jpg (236.4 KB, 562 views)
Old 16 March 2022, 07:59 AM   #34
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelUK View Post
I met a guy today to do a watch deal and he happened to have on blue dial and I tried it on... it was a stunner. Couldn't believe it was the new Quaranta in only 40mm !

Panerai was where my watch hobby really took off in early 2000s. After some years and owning many Pams, I got tired of the brand and also the size become an issue. I loved the history, like we all do but lost the enthusiasm of lugging round a massive watch, especially at work, as its not the 1940s and I work in a site office.

Up until now most of the 'reduced size' Panerai's I have tried were either too thick or very poorly scaled down from the traditional. This model is perfectly scaled down and the best release from Panerai I have seen for years. I have a mr average 7.25 wrist and it fitted perfectly. Like a normal beautiful watch. This blue version is quite dark and subtle

I know most die hard Paneristi’s probably won't like it but this is the way forward to get Panerai back where it belongs. There's been some real abominations in the last 10 years or so, this is a step in the right direction.

Looks great on your wrist - the blue version is really nice!
MickCollins1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2022, 07:37 PM   #35
azcii
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Bumping this thread after trying on these two new 40mm Luminors with sandwich dials today at an NYC boutique. Finally a truly wearable, for me anyway, classic Panerai Luminor for wrists under 7 inches. The blue dial (PAM1270) is especially nice; not too electric but still with a beautiful sunburst pop.

About a decade ago I owned a 44mm titanium Luminor that I just couldn't wear because of the size. I think Panerai nailed it with these new releases. You still get that chunky Panerai feel, just scaled down a bit. They're also only 12.8mm thick, which is relatively slim for this type of watch.

They've got 100M water resistance, thank goodness, screw-down case-backs (not snap-on), and a new quick-release strap-changing system. All around they're very appealing if you like that Panerai look, which I do. They're discontinuing the 42mm versions, so it'll be the 40mm and 44mm as options going forward.

The company's gotten a lot of heat over the last couple of years, often deserved, and the brand in general has fallen out of favor to some degree. But I call it as I see it, and these are very nice timepieces.
Where did you find out information regarding the case back ?
azcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2022, 12:18 AM   #36
rickc007
"TRF" Member

Does the 1270/1271/1272 come with a bracelet, for know if a particular one with fit ?
rickc007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2022, 11:13 PM   #37
ddaneh
"TRF" Member

The aquaranta 40mm is amazing. Wish the lug was 20mm instead though, would have pulled the trigger!
ddaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 07:30 AM   #38
usfcs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vogard Timezoner
Just snagged a black dial Quaranta and agree with posts above - it hits a sweet spot with the traditional Luminor look and feel but without the bulk and dinner plate dimensions. Sandwich dial, crown guard, date/second dial at 3 and 9, cushion case, 100m WR, brushed steel, quick release straps, basically all the essentials assuming you aren't really going to rely on this thing to keep track of air in your dive tanks. Display case back would have been nice but none of my Rolexes have those so no biggie. All in all, this is a Panerai that says "Italian heritage and sleek design sensibilities" rather than "I am Rambo." I'm good with that. (Had an 8-day GMT and loved it but, due to it's massive size, never really wore it. This thing is already getting much more wrist time).
usfcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2022, 12:22 PM   #39
prk154
"TRF" Member

Picked mine up a few weeks ago. Not sure if I made the right choice. Sometimes I look at it and wish it fit bigger on my wrist. I'm considering a trade for a 42mm 1392. Not to mention the earlier 1392 has the hacking movement with the exhibition caseback that I've read is of higher quality than the current Panerai movements.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20220627_190608200_3 (3).jpg (284.9 KB, 382 views)
prk154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2022, 11:26 PM   #40
thewolfofmiddlesex
"TRF" Member

Loving mine!
PXL_20220713_185015077~2.jpg
PXL_20220714_170438096~2.jpg
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
thewolfofmiddlesex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2022, 11:28 AM   #41
TTkbd
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT RG Wimbledon 36
Looks great on your wrist. I have been looking at these for a few weeks. I have always liked Panerai but with a 7.25” wrist, I prefer a smaller watch. I’ve had a few Rolex sport watches and 41mm DJ. I prefer the 36mm DJ over all of them. I am looking forward to trying this watch on live. Thanks for the pics.

Quote:
Bumping this thread after trying on these two new 40mm Luminors with sandwich dials today at an NYC boutique. Finally a truly wearable, for me anyway, classic Panerai Luminor for wrists under 7 inches. The blue dial (PAM1270) is especially nice; not too electric but still with a beautiful sunburst pop.

About a decade ago I owned a 44mm titanium Luminor that I just couldn't wear because of the size. I think Panerai nailed it with these new releases. You still get that chunky Panerai feel, just scaled down a bit. They're also only 12.8mm thick, which is relatively slim for this type of watch.

They've got 100M water resistance, thank goodness, screw-down case-backs (not snap-on), and a new quick-release strap-changing system. All around they're very appealing if you like that Panerai look, which I do. They're discontinuing the 42mm versions, so it'll be the 40mm and 44mm as options going forward.

The company's gotten a lot of heat over the last couple of years, often deserved, and the brand in general has fallen out of favor to some degree. But I call it as I see it, and these are very nice timepieces.
TTkbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2022, 11:32 AM   #42
TTkbd
"TRF" Member

Gray strap with white dial looks incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolfofmiddlesex View Post
Old 5 January 2023, 01:13 PM   #43
TTkbd
"TRF" Member

I am in the market for a my first Panerai. I have owned Rolex sport watches, DJ36, and DJ41. I tried on the 1272 and it felt insignificant on my wrist. I was excited because I favor smaller case sizes. I have a 7.25 wrist, but short arms (32 sleeve length) with big forearms, so a bigger watch takes up a lot of my arm. I think I’d like a 42mm
Old 5 January 2023, 05:52 PM   #44
shammad10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTkbd View Post
I am in the market for a my first Panerai. I have owned Rolex sport watches, DJ36, and DJ41. I tried on the 1272 and it felt insignificant on my wrist. I was excited because I favor smaller case sizes. I have a 7.25 wrist, but short arms (32 sleeve length) with big forearms, so a bigger watch takes up a lot of my arm. I think I’d like a 42mm
I felt the same way- 44mm too big and 40mm too small.
Though my wrists are 6.25inches.So I do think you should try the 44mm
shammad10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2023, 09:06 PM   #45
Mike507
"TRF" Member

I'm going to really be in the minority here but I love the 42mm luminor due. I had never considered a Panerai before and always hated the brand, but a friend convinced me to try one on and I fell in love. I bought mine as a bundle deal to get a new air king, but I genuinely wanted to buy two watches so I was very happy to make that deal with my AD.

People hate on it for having 30m WR, but it's super thin and very dressy, so for me the lack of water resistance makes sense. Especially since I wear it on leather and it's essentially a sporty dress piece.

Worth a look at least imo.
Mike507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2023, 10:50 PM   #46
TTkbd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike507 View Post
I'm going to really be in the minority here but I love the 42mm luminor due. I had never considered a Panerai before and always hated the brand, but a friend convinced me to try one on and I fell in love. I bought mine as a bundle deal to get a new air king, but I genuinely wanted to buy two watches so I was very happy to make that deal with my AD.

People hate on it for having 30m WR, but it's super thin and very dressy, so for me the lack of water resistance makes sense. Especially since I wear it on leather and it's essentially a sporty dress piece.

Worth a look at least imo.
Do you have some wrist shots to share?
Old 1 April 2023, 07:51 PM   #47
Macavity
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The salesman showed me. There's a little button/latch on the back of the strap and you just push it to remove from the lug bar/pin and push again to put back on. Just click on and click off. Very simple. They don't have a ton of straps available yet with the new system, but more are on the way this year.

There's also a new quick-change for the buckle, which you need to remove to put on the different strap if you're changing them. You fold the buckle down with a click and the pin pops out just enough to allow you to grab it and remove. Smart.
And how do you put buckle back on again?

Last edited by Macavity; 1 April 2023 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: Mistake
Macavity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2023, 10:51 PM   #48
WatchThinker
"TRF" Member

Hi! I'm selfishly giving this thread a bump, as I'm interested in the white dialed 40mm Panerai 1371.

I have a 6.8+" wrist that is thankfully very flat, so I can wear larger watches. I'm also a big-ish guy. Hence, I love my 44mm Luminor 915 - wear it a lot. BUT, it is big watch and not right for all situations. I also haven't bought another PAM, because it felt a bit like "more of the same". The white dialed 1371 would be both different and smaller - so it feels like a great next Panerai.

Does anyone know the difference between the 1271 and 1371 - I assume it is a movement change, as the cases look identical?

Also, I've been trying to find the lug to lug and the internet is a bit all over the map. Seems like it is maybe just over 48mm - anyone actually know?

Thanks!!
WatchThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2023, 11:42 AM   #49
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
I have the 1371 and 1372. They really nailed it with this size. Keeping it classic Panerai and adding the quick change straps. It makes these watches a lot of fun.

It's a very nice watch, tough and keeps great time with the P900. I have been very pleased and wear mine 24/7. Mostly the 1372. I'm quite sure I will be adding more as time goes on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230715_073532.jpg (105.6 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg 20230714_123411.jpg (173.9 KB, 127 views)
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2023, 09:24 PM   #50
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Good looking watches.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2023, 07:32 AM   #51
jdb8298177
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai- 0100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Good looking watches.

Very nice

jdb8298177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2023, 11:49 AM   #52
R1272
"TRF" Member

I just bought a new 2022 Pam 1272 and I'm head over heals for it. I have a medium size flat wrist and think the 40mm looks great.
R1272 is offline   Reply With Quote