The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 27 June 2022, 12:47 AM   #31
rolex01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondibeach View Post
they have both. Omega boutiques and mixed brands from Swatch group, all belong to same AD. I bought from both a lot.
From your description, It seemed you bought it from an Authorised Dealer and NOT DIRECTLY from an Omega Boutique.

There is GREAT DIFFERENCE.

OB ONLY deal with OMEGA and NOTHING ELSE.

Not even watches within the group.

AD really works differently as compared to OB and when it comes to VIP category as they consider other watches as well.

You might want to confirm this by checking through the omega website to see if the shop you have been buying is it AD or OB.

OB you would have received both, but AD, you are fighting with people who buy in large for other brands and fight with your snoopy and 321.
rolex01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2022, 04:09 AM   #32
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Quote:
To get me one of the ordered watches, I would have to make a deal with him and buy a Swatch Group watch from a so called VIP list. This list includes mostly 2-3 year old watches in the range of 25.000 to 50.000€ which seem hard to sell for them.
Agee with above / prev comments. Does not sounds like an OB, as they would not carry other brands (even within the SWATCH Group).
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2022, 01:11 PM   #33
noobs
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your 6
Oh man... sounds like they're abusing your kindness/dedication.
noobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2022, 02:33 PM   #34
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
Sell all the stuff you've bought recently and take that money to a Grey Dealer
Old 27 June 2022, 02:49 PM   #35
Rolexguy$
Banned

I'd have said this is an issue with your dealer but it seems not and down the thread there are similar complaints. With a purchase history as yours, it's only natural that you get a better treatment.
I think you should change to another AD though sad and probably difficult. Maybe start by telling the AD exactly what happened and they might be nice enough to get you the 321 and Snoopy or either for a start sooner.
Rolexguy$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2022, 04:29 PM   #36
bondibeach
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust
Yes it is an authorized dealer who sells Omega watches in 1) mixed brands stores with a dedicated Omega area and 2) in full omega boutiques, full branding only Omega. I bought from 1 and 2 a lot but all goes to same profile from that AD.

So basically you say no chance, it was a waste of time and effort trying there?
bondibeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2022, 04:52 PM   #37
rolex01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes it is an authorized dealer who sells Omega watches in 1) mixed brands stores with a dedicated Omega area and 2) in full omega boutiques, full branding only Omega. I bought from 1 and 2 a lot but all goes to same profile from that AD.

Personally, I think your chances of getting it from AD are relatively low, not saying it's 0 chance. Who knows you might get lucky.

If you to build the same amount of money with an Omega Boutique owned and managed DIRECTLY by Swatchgroup, the amount of money invested would give you a snoopy & 321.

Some people might think, what exactly is the difference? Isn't both AD and OB carry the Omega brand that is owned by Swatchgroup?

The main difference is, AD is an Authorised Dealer (3rd party company to SwatchGroup)
That AD company have their own business plan and business decision on how they wish to allocate their watches and generally the stocks level they get are not as many as OB.
AD give good discount and can be as high as 15%

OB is Omega Boutique (Owned and managed by Swatchgroup directly)
- Offers boutique edition watches, and typically has way higher stock allocations on popular timepieces.
- Generally, OB don't give any discount.

There is a huge difference between these two.
Old 27 June 2022, 05:59 PM   #38
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

https://www.omegawatches.com/store/s...Omega+Boutique

Very simply, if your seller is not on the list as an Omega Boutique (not Omega authorized retailer) then your odds for a 321 or Snoopy are slim to none from them, and they might have been (knowingly or unknowingly) stringing you along for a carrot you’ll never catch.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2022, 07:03 PM   #39
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Have a look and see if there are Omega owned Boutiques in Germany. There are 2 types of Boutique, an Omega owned and an AD owned. The Omega owned ones are by far the best for Snoopies and 321's. Omega are sending them to their own Boutiques because they don't trust AD to behave responsibly. Your case is a great example. I think they tell you which ones are owned by Omega, on the Omega website.

Good luck, I feel for you. I do not believe an Omega owned Boutique would treat you this way. All they are interested in, is getting the watches to enthusiasts, that's my experience anyway. They want to know you love watches and won't flip, that's it!
DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2022, 07:49 PM   #40
RolexBHR
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoricSpiker View Post
Have a look and see if there are Omega owned Boutiques in Germany. There are 2 types of Boutique, an Omega owned and an AD owned. The Omega owned ones are by far the best for Snoopies and 321's. Omega are sending them to their own Boutiques because they don't trust AD to behave responsibly. Your case is a great example. I think they tell you which ones are owned by Omega, on the Omega website.

Good luck, I feel for you. I do not believe an Omega owned Boutique would treat you this way. All they are interested in, is getting the watches to enthusiasts, that's my experience anyway. They want to know you love watches and won't flip, that's it!
Unfortunately, were I am there is one Boutique and one AD. The Omega boutique is owned by a family business that also has other Boutiques such as Patek, Vacheron, JLC, Breguet etc, so even though it is an Omega boutique you can imagine how they prioritizes whom to give since they also own other Boutiques for much more expensive brands with clients spending much more than your typical Omega client, so as a family business they will prioritize who they see is better for their future business. The other is an AD which is majority owned by Swatch Group that sells Swatch group brands only and so far (according to the SA manager) they have not received a single Snoopy or 321 and according to them I am on the list, but now I am starting to have doubts they will ever receive one since they are an AD and not a Boutique.
RolexBHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2022, 09:34 PM   #41
rolex01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexBHR View Post
Unfortunately, were I am there is one Boutique and one AD. The Omega boutique is owned by a family business that also has other Boutiques such as Patek, Vacheron, JLC, Breguet etc, so even though it is an Omega boutique you can imagine how they prioritizes whom to give since they also own other Boutiques for much more expensive brands with clients spending much more than your typical Omega client, so as a family business they will prioritize who they see is better for their future business. The other is an AD which is majority owned by Swatch Group that sells Swatch group brands only and so far (according to the SA manager) they have not received a single Snoopy or 321 and according to them I am on the list, but now I am starting to have doubts they will ever receive one since they are an AD and not a Boutique.
Omega Boutique owned by family business is also known as AD, Boutique opened and operated by that family business. Sorry to burst the bubble, but this is NOT OB.

OB are 100% run and managed by Omega themselves and no one else.
Old 27 June 2022, 10:12 PM   #42
bondibeach
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexBHR View Post
In case you have the R AD in your city, they will probably have some VIP list with a list of some old stock high value watches you have to buy to be able to get one of the 2 mentioned pieces.
Old 27 June 2022, 11:15 PM   #43
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

I had to buy 2 watches (non omega ) worth of 30,000 USD to get snoopy and 321 at retail

This is from an AD
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2022, 11:24 PM   #44
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
You won’t get a 321 or a Snoopy anywhere other than an Omega Boutique.

Good luck OP. It’s doable, but you’ll need to seek out your closest OB, express your interest and patiently wait.

When the 321 was launched my AD told me they could get one for me if I paid a 50% deposit. I was leary about doing this as I’d read here and elsewhere that it was a boutique only reference. I politely declined.

I think a lot of AD’s were either misinformed or worse a few may mislead their clients
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2022, 11:24 PM   #45
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salnuaimi View Post
I had to buy 2 watches (non omega ) worth of 30,000 USD to get snoopy and 321 at retail

This is from an AD
You’re certain that’s not an OB?

It doesn’t work that way here
Old 28 June 2022, 12:27 AM   #46
JohnGingerwood
2024 Pledge Member

I would have the blame that on the area you are in. Definitely not the case in the US.
JohnGingerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2022, 12:40 AM   #47
RolexBHR
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex01 View Post
Omega Boutique owned by family business is also known as AD, Boutique opened and operated by that family business. Sorry to burst the bubble, but this is NOT OB.

OB are 100% run and managed by Omega themselves and no one else.
Thats good to know, in that case we don't have a boutique around here

Is there anywhere online to find out the nearest boutique thats not family owned etc?
RolexBHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2022, 07:34 AM   #48
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoricSpiker View Post
Have a look and see if there are Omega owned Boutiques in Germany. There are 2 types of Boutique, an Omega owned and an AD owned.
I didn't see if OP provided more details, but none of the 5 stores in Duesseldorf are Omega boutiques. I've only been to the Boutiques in Frankfurt and Munich, but neglected to ask whether they were truly Omega-owned, or joint ventures (but they are listed as Boutiques on the Omega website, which is a necessary condition).

edit: The Frankfurt boutique manager lists Omega SA as his employer, so there you go...
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2022, 06:55 AM   #49
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Quote:

Waste of time as other have said. ADs only get a tiny allocation, and you are competing with the AD's other VIPs across brands. You need to do this via a real OB

I have bought via the OB in Hamburg, on the list and never physically been in the store - They are great!

Just send a mail <OmegaBoutique.INSERTCITY@swatchgroup.com>
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2022, 05:26 AM   #50
amanbra
"TRF" Member

So my boutique delivered again. Day after the snoopy was announced I sent them a 20% deposit and 1 year and 9 months later here we are.

The wait was a pain but they delivered without me having to buy stuff I only half wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2022, 05:30 AM   #51
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbra View Post
So my boutique delivered again. Day after the snoopy was announced I sent them a 20% deposit and 1 year and 9 months later here we are.

The wait was a pain but they delivered without me having to buy stuff I only half wanted.

Exactly as it should be (maybe not the wait so much).

Congratulations again on the Snoopy
Old 15 July 2022, 10:47 AM   #52
amanbra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Exactly as it should be (maybe not the wait so much).

Congratulations again on the Snoopy
congrats on your 321
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2022, 11:50 AM   #53
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
congrats on your 321
thank you

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 15 July 2022, 12:17 PM   #54
rolex01
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Congrats on your snoopy without the need to make any purchases. This should be the correct way.
Old 16 July 2022, 09:49 AM   #55
shawn13ca
"TRF" Member

They are laughing at you. They know you gotta be a real connoisseur to want the 321 and spend the premium. So they're trying to milk you all they can, since for regular people wanting a speedy, they will never pay a premium for the 321.
shawn13ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2022, 05:15 PM   #56
bondibeach
"TRF" Member

yea I am done with them. Those business practices should be illegal as they are wasting the time of many people and try to trick them into buying more stuff. At the end not even delivering what they promised. If it wouldn't be about luxury watches, this would have been a scandal long time ago in the mass media.
Old 30 July 2022, 01:59 AM   #57
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
I am sorry to hear and hope things get better for you in your region. My Omega boutique experience here in the U.S. has been nothing but class and I too, had to wait 2 years before my Snoopy arrived. Just too much demand into 321/Snoopy right now.
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 01:11 AM   #58
Londonboy
"TRF" Member

If you have truly decided to end your association with the store that has been giving you the run around. (personally I think they've treated you very badly)

Send a link to this thread to the manager of that store

Send a link to this thread to an area manager, or the next person up the "food chain" in your area

GL
Londonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 01:11 AM   #59
Londonboy
"TRF" Member

Double post
Londonboy is offline   Reply With Quote