The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 29 July 2022, 03:22 AM   #31
SudiYunus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier Panthere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Ellipse View Post
I went with the smaller 7234g since it fit my wrist much better, and the movement was sized more proportionally to the case:

DJ 36 White Dial ,CasiOak
Sub ND
SudiYunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2022, 09:48 AM   #32
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
One of my most functional, fun to wear watch

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2022, 07:21 AM   #33
joe&joe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leica_i_see_it View Post
Every one of the photos on this thread makes me like this piece even more.

I really love the look of the 5524 in either metal. My only concern has always been size. My wrist is baby wrist at 15.9cm but when trying it recently for the first time I actually *REALLY* enjoyed it.

It’s not small by any means and likely offensively large for the purists, but holy smokes. Such a practical piece!

What I like:
1) it’s different and underrated
2) LUME and super clear legibility
3) fun to interact with the pushers.
4) dress down / up potential: I can see myself wearing it with jeans and T or suit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get the 7234G instead, problem solved!
joe&joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2022, 01:16 PM   #34
cotway
Banned

Watch: Zeitwerk Date
I had one for a short while…loved the way it looked but I could not get it to be comfortable. I have a 7.25” wrist and somehow I would unlock the pushers frequently and change the time inadvertently. I traded for a 5164A and for some reason I never hit the pushers on it…maybe it just fits my wrist better. I do love the looks but just couldn’t get it to fit comfortably. No water resistance also was a deal breaker…the 5164 fits my lifestyle a little better. The 5524 is a fantastic piece though!
cotway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2022, 01:16 PM   #35
cotway
Banned

Watch: Zeitwerk Date
I had one for a short while…loved the way it looked but I could not get it to be comfortable. I have a 7.25” wrist and somehow I would unlock the pushers frequently and change the time inadvertently. I traded for a 5164A and for some reason I never hit the pushers on it…maybe it just fits my wrist better. I do love the looks but just couldn’t get it to fit comfortably. No water resistance also was a deal breaker…the 5164 fits my lifestyle a little better. The 5524 is a fantastic piece though!
cotway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2022, 10:07 PM   #36
Zeitgeister
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calatravato View Post
It's a gorgeous watch, but those pushers seem like they may dig into the wearer's skin. Any thoughts from owners about this concern?
Just my two cents:

I own a 5524R, and have never had a problem with the pushers on the left side of the case digging into skin. If a watch is worn correctly (please, for the sake of humanity, a watch is to be worn just ABOVE the wrist bone, otherwise one looks like a tool…even more so if one is wearing a serious piece like a Patek), it’s impossible for the pushers to dig into skin, unless your forearm bones are able to bend. I know mine can’t bend!

The 5524 is a great piece, that IMO is very underrated, as it’s not the ‘textbook’ Patek style. It appears to wear smaller than its 42mm size, is exceptionally easy to read, and has a useful travel time function (which can be hidden when not in use, unlike Rolex’s GMT). It’s a classy reference, which I think needs to be seen in the flesh to appreciate fully. The 5524 was not originally on my shortlist, but it honestly stopped me in my tracks when walking by an AD’s window, and I had to try it on immediately. It’s something a little different, and given it wasn’t that difficult to buy one, I think ADs will know you’re a serious collector, rather than jumping on the flipper bandwagon.
Zeitgeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2022, 05:18 AM   #37
8bc8
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know the availability for the 5524g in 2022? Especially love the look on a nato.
8bc8 is offline   Reply With Quote