The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 26 June 2022, 12:03 AM   #1
bondibeach
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust
Omega the worst brand to get a special watch?

Hello everyone,

I am certainly frustrated how OMEGA is treating their clients at least in our region. From the current portfolio, there are two high in demand pieces. The 321 and the snoopy. Both were ordered from me right away at the launch date. I still have the written confirmation that I was placed on the waitlist.

I am not a new customer to them, after I bought for myself around 7 Omegas already (Speedoes, Seamasters, Planet Oceans) and on top around 5-6 other brands including high end pieces from the swatch group which count to the same profile.

At first I was told my profile would be not good enough, I would have to buy more watches. So I did and spent about another 30.000€ with them. It seems like it didn't help at all.
Now after nearly 2 years waiting, I am not expecting the watches to come of course. My sales employees see the frustration and are not happy with the behavior of Omega as well. They told me all allocations are managed by the brand manager. To get me one of the ordered watches, I would have to make a deal with him and buy a Swatch Group watch from a so called VIP list. This list includes mostly 2-3 year old watches in the range of 25.000 to 50.000€ which seem hard to sell for them.

Is anyone else facing a similar situation with their local Omega boutique? Any advice you could give me? So many people are complaining about Rolex, but I think Omega is a lot worse.
bondibeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 12:16 AM   #2
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
My experience is the polar opposite.

I'm a brand new Omega customer. I've never bought a single reference, and I've never met my SA.

I inquired about the 321 in November of 2021 using the boutique's online form of all things. I didn't really think I'd get a reply but in about 2 days they wrote back and scheduled a call.

When I spoke to the SA, he told me the wait would be a minimum of 2 years, but I made it clear I was ok waiting. Then we chatted for 15-20 minutes about watches, what I had in my collection and why the 321 was important to me.

Low and behold less than 7 months later I got the call and it arrived on Speedy Tuesday June 7,2022.

This isn't a brag, this is just to say that sometimes stars align, or maybe it was that the SA and I hit it off over the phone ... whatever the case, I have nothing but good things to say about my experience.

I hope you land one soon ... it’s definitely worth it IMHO.

IMG_60911.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 01:05 AM   #3
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Picking up my Snoopy next week.
I didn’t have any history with Omega or the Swatch group.
I just placed the deposit and patiently waited.
If you moved in time you will get your watches with good probability.
It’s just a matter of time, cheer up and while you wait enjoy your Speedmasters, Seamasters and POs, I’m pretty sure they are stunning watches.
Why don’t you share some pics of them!
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 01:21 AM   #4
fmc000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondibeach View Post
I am not a new customer to them, after I bought for myself around 7 Omegas already (Speedoes, Seamasters, Planet Oceans) and on top around 5-6 other brands including high end pieces from the swatch group which count to the same profile.
So I did and spent about another 30.000€ with them. It seems like it didn't help at all.
I would have to make a deal with him and buy a Swatch Group watch from a so called VIP list. This list includes mostly 2-3 year old watches in the range of 25.000 to 50.000€ which seem hard to sell for them.
Any advice you could give me?
Sorry to be blunt but.... WHAAAT??? They're treating you like <insert your favorite bad word here> and you still want to go business with them?

If I were you I'd have sold all my Omega/Swatch group watches already an I would never buy from them again. And i'm saying this with a Speedy on my wrist right now (not a 321, a vintage model).
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 01:25 AM   #5
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

Never heard of anyone being treated like that by Omega. I would head to a different city, tell them your story and you will score one of those watches within a year.
DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 02:00 AM   #6
C0d
Banned

Watch: Dog
Sounds like an anomaly. Have never heard of anyone being treated so poorly by OB. Not sure if its someone there or the certain location.

I'd call another OB and go from there. I am sure you can land one pretty soon, atleast the EW321.
C0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 02:12 AM   #7
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
My experience is the polar opposite.

I'm a brand new Omega customer. I've never bought a single reference, and I've never met my SA.

I inquired about the 321 in November of 2021 using the boutique's online form of all things. I didn't really think I'd get a reply but in about 2 days they wrote back and scheduled a call.

When I spoke to the SA, he told me the wait would be a minimum of 2 years, but I made it clear I was ok waiting. Then we chatted for 15-20 minutes about watches, what I had in my collection and why the 321 was important to me.

Low and behold less than 7 months later I got the call and it arrived on Speedy Tuesday June 7,2022.

This isn't a brag, this is just to say that sometimes stars align, or maybe it was that the SA and I hit it off over the phone ... whatever the case, I have nothing but good things to say about my experience.

I hope you land one soon ... it’s definitely worth it IMHO.

Attachment 1300712

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Oooh I hadn't seen this. Nice pickup! That's a great watch
Old 26 June 2022, 02:13 AM   #8
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

It sounds like your AD is trying to milk a cash cow. I’d book it to another AD ASAP.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 02:32 AM   #9
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I am certainly frustrated how OMEGA is treating their clients at least in our region. From the current portfolio, there are two high in demand pieces. The 321 and the snoopy. Both were ordered from me right away at the launch date. I still have the written confirmation that I was placed on the waitlist.

At first I was told my profile would be not good enough, I would have to buy more watches. So I did and spent about another 30.000€ with them. It seems like it didn't help at all.
Now after nearly 2 years waiting, I am not expecting the watches to come of course. My sales employees see the frustration and are not happy with the behavior of Omega as well. They told me all allocations are managed by the brand manager. To get me one of the ordered watches, I would have to make a deal with him and buy a Swatch Group watch from a so called VIP list. This list includes mostly 2-3 year old watches in the range of 25.000 to 50.000€ which seem hard to sell for them.

Is anyone else facing a similar situation with their local Omega boutique? Any advice you could give me? So many people are complaining about Rolex, but I think Omega is a lot worse.
Ive heard similar frustrations from German friends and collectors - very sadly.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 03:11 AM   #10
bondibeach
"TRF" Member

the problem now is also, there is not much left I can buy anymore to start a new profile somewhere else
Old 26 June 2022, 03:30 AM   #11
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Oooh I hadn't seen this. Nice pickup! That's a great watch
Thank you Brad, I really am impressed with it
Old 26 June 2022, 03:31 AM   #12
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
the problem now is also, there is not much left I can buy anymore to start a new profile somewhere else
You may not have to as per my post

Good luck
Old 26 June 2022, 03:42 AM   #13
bondibeach
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
You may not have to as per my post

Good luck
I will try my luck
Old 26 June 2022, 03:47 AM   #14
RolexBHR
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Your story is 99% like mine. I placed my name months before the Snoopy was announced, I told them I want the Apollo 13th 50th Ann. before it was announced that it would be Snoopy. I also listed the day after the 321 was announced. I have purchased 9 omegas and 5 Swatch group watches since then, in total $95k plus in spending and I am still waiting. I also email Omega twice and sent them my purchase history and both times there responses were not helpful, effectively saying they do not get involved with the AD/OB client selection, I have chosen to stop buying any Omega's or Swatch group watches until I get a Snoopy or 321. Since I listed and have been waiting I managed to acquire a bunch of other watches including 3 SS Rolexes, an AP RO 26315ST etc etc.

What pisses me off, is I know two people with not a single Omega and the AD/OB gave them a Snoopy because they have a heavy spend history on other big brands like Patek, AP that they are the AD/OB for and as a reward they gave them the Snoopy. My understanding is Omega knows this is happening and wants it this way, they want these heavy spenders to wear Omegas in public. Omega doesn't have a reward program for the Omega Loyal's unfortunately, in their mind an Omega enthusiast is willing to wait and continue to spend more on Omegas until he eventually gets one which sucks.

Its honestly off putting when you are a passionate Omega enthusiast and know everything about the brand, the space program, the relationship with Snoopy and spent a ton on the brand and another guy who doesn't know s@#t has one Omega and its a Snoopy.
RolexBHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 08:27 AM   #15
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Seems like they are really taking advantage off you. Buy it grey, move on and give them the finger - Would likely have been much cheaper than "building a profile".
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 09:04 AM   #16
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
This is very unfortunate to hear. I hope you get the references you want from an AD/OB that appreciates your business as they should. Good luck!
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 09:18 AM   #17
amanbra
"TRF" Member

I think they’re one of the best, pay a deposit and first come first serve… got my 321 and waiting on the Snoopy… seems fair.
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 09:29 AM   #18
Nodzex
"TRF" Member

Never heard of anyone being treated like that by an OB!
I heard stories people complaining about Rolex, AP, PF, VC.
Try to talk to Branch Manager or look for different AD.
Good luck!
Nodzex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 09:57 AM   #19
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
My Omega Boutique is far better than any AD I deal with
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 01:12 PM   #20
drjrhc
"TRF" Member

Watch: Calibre 11 Monaco
I have ALWAYS had the polar opposite. Was offered a Snoopy right as they were announced, and decided to pass.

I think you, unfortunately, are being manipulated and gouged by your dealer. I have not seen ANYONE post on here that they have had to spend 80,000 Euro on watches to get a snoopy or 321. You would have been far better off to have used a trusted seller on here and bought both. And still had quite a bit of funds left over for a nice holiday.

Sorry, just not buying the excuse your dealer is feeding you.

My $.02.
drjrhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 08:44 PM   #21
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

I would be tempted to write politely to Omega and ask their thoughts. Their management team are always on a PR offensive and I think they would appalled to know a Boutique is behaving in this way.
DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 09:15 PM   #22
tvlaan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126719BLRO
Just to confirm, are you dealing with an Authorized Dealer or directly with an Omega Boutique?

My Omega Boutique has always been fabulous and scored me both of those pieces within very reasonable timeframes (mostly because I go in and just talk, share a love of timepieces, etc.)

From my understanding very few (if any) 321 or Snoopy watches have even showed up at ADs, so the extended timeframe may j simply be due to the fact of working with an AD and the extremely slow rollout of pieces to them…
tvlaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 10:22 PM   #23
RolexBHR
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoricSpiker View Post
I would be tempted to write politely to Omega and ask their thoughts. Their management team are always on a PR offensive and I think they would appalled to know a Boutique is behaving in this way.
I did two times (a year apart), politely told them that I am an Omega enthusiast, my purchase history and that I have been waiting since launch. Reply was that the watch "is a victim of its own success" and that they do not get involved in how the AD/OB selects to give to whom. We "cannot indicate a timeframe", it can "take months or years" to get the watch.

I was hoping to hear that since I purchased a bunch of watches almost 100K worth, that they would look into my case or even prioritize, however no commitment on there end and nothing that inspires confidence in getting an allocation which is why I decided to stop.

Circa 4k only produced a year between the Snoopy and 321, I think they can do a better job getting directly involved with the AD/OB in how they distribute them to end users.
RolexBHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 10:25 PM   #24
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvlaan View Post
Just to confirm, are you dealing with an Authorized Dealer or directly with an Omega Boutique?

My Omega Boutique has always been fabulous and scored me both of those pieces within very reasonable timeframes (mostly because I go in and just talk, share a love of timepieces, etc.)

From my understanding very few (if any) 321 or Snoopy watches have even showed up at ADs, so the extended timeframe may j simply be due to the fact of working with an AD and the extremely slow rollout of pieces to them…
They are Boutique only references, at least here.
Old 26 June 2022, 10:41 PM   #25
bondibeach
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvlaan View Post

they have both. Omega boutiques and mixed brands from Swatch group, all belong to same AD. I bought from both a lot.
Old 26 June 2022, 10:58 PM   #26
londonpilgrim
"TRF" Member

Is it an Omega boutique. I got the 321 in 1 week and the snoopy in 9 months from the Omega boutique with no previous history
londonpilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2022, 10:59 PM   #27
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
they have both. Omega boutiques and mixed brands from Swatch group, all belong to same AD. I bought from both a lot.
Are you talking about a Boutique or an AD? ADs sell other offerings but Boutiques are the only place you can buy the 321.
Old 27 June 2022, 12:21 AM   #28
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I'm not a fan of scalpers, but in this case it would have been better to pay the moderate premium for a 321 about 30000 Euros ago. I got mine from a boutique in a bundle with an NTTD (both at MSRP) in early '21. Only purchase from that boutique so far.

It seems that this particular AD figures they can just keep stringing you along. So far, you've proven them correct.
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2022, 12:41 AM   #29
rolex01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Sad to hear that, I do not have such experience.

My experience with my sole and only OB are simply positive.

I bought 5 SS watches over the years and I received my snoopy.

It is not that difficult as long as you support the same boutique.
rolex01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2022, 12:42 AM   #30
Ringhio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That’s not how Omega boutiques are organized in US.
Omega boutiques don’t have other brands and are not part of an AD.
Are you sure you are dealing with a Boutique, and not with an AD that has a dedicated space for Omega? As this second option will be a totally different game.
Ringhio is offline   Reply With Quote