The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 24 July 2022, 02:56 PM   #1
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

5712 experience today (Tiffany & Co.)

Hello All,

I walked into Tiffany & Co. boutique San Diego today and asked about 5212. The young man associate looked up on his computer register. He said it wasn’t in their inventory. I said I was interested in 40mm or larger as I have a 7-1/2” wrist. He entered some more info into the computer and he brought up a 5712 and an Aquanaut (not sure which reference). I said I’d love to get the 5712/1a, but that they would never let me near that watch. He said, “I don’t know, I’ll go ask my manager.” He came back and said they aren’t sure it’s actually in stock at the NYC store, but if it is, he will inquire about having it transferred to them for me to purchase.

Oh the naive young mind … so refreshing to hear, but of course I know the reality of the situation. He said he didn’t think there was a spend history requirement, promised to follow up and email when he hears back on this watch. I give myself 1 in 5,000,000 of being able to buy it.

So, what’s the purpose of my post? To let you all out there who actually have spend history with Tiffany & Co. that they might have one in stock at the NYC HQ.

If by chance I do win the lottery and buy this grail (to me) watch, I’ll report back.

Here’s his computer screen shot of the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2022, 04:32 PM   #2
FloridaBill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Rolex
good luck....
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2022, 04:45 PM   #3
Gandor
"TRF" Member

Haha I swear if backdooring through affiliate Tiffany stores is the way to get watches now.
Gandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2022, 04:46 PM   #4
bachoanguyen
"TRF" Member

The chance is so slim, I believe. That once happened to me many years ago in Boston, when I came to Tiffany in Copley. I don't remember exactly reference, but it was a Calatrava (I was not so into PP at that time). The manager told me that they gonna check if anything related to the watch, and asked me to leave my number for calling back. A week passed, no call, I went to store and they gave me 2,000 reasons... I couldn't catch on. Lol.
bachoanguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2022, 08:57 PM   #5
FrogWatch
"TRF" Member

Newb question here. Can a Patek be “ordered” through any Tiffany store? Not just 1 of the 3 in US that stocks them? We have a Tiffany in my hometown that I have a decent relationship with. Never crossed my mind that I could ask to be put on any lists. Or does your spend history only matter for the stores that “stock” them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FrogWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2022, 09:07 PM   #6
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
I guess it’s just me but I would never want the Tiffany name on any of my Pateks. Before the price increase insanity all the Tiffany’s I went to either had in stock or could get any non-Nautilis or aquanaut Patek you wanted. Go back far enough you could even get those two references from them.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2022, 10:08 PM   #7
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I guess it’s just me but I would never want the Tiffany name on any of my Pateks. Before the price increase insanity all the Tiffany’s I went to either had in stock or could get any non-Nautilis or aquanaut Patek you wanted. Go back far enough you could even get those two references from them.
That’s actually exactly how I feel about the Tiffany stamp
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 12:43 AM   #8
SoylentGreenChi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, Rolex, Sinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
That’s actually exactly how I feel about the Tiffany stamp
Me, too. The Tiffany brand holds a different market positon now than in the past and frankly, in today’s world, dilutes the PP brand. Looks tacky to me, but that’s just my opinion.
SoylentGreenChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 05:39 AM   #9
Sheldor
"TRF" Member

You never know! I actually had asked about a 5711 when moving to a new city and trying to establish a new relationship (my older store kicked me off list despite over a year wait and being next on the list when they heard I was moving). The person covering in the store thought they actually had on in the safe and brought it out for me to see. I thought I had won the lottery and obviously wanted to buy it there on the spot. Obviously it was a mistake and spoken for but given the mix up, they did put me on the list and it ultimately lead to a great relationship with the store! All from a simple mistake
Sheldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 05:45 AM   #10
FrogWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldor View Post
You never know! I actually had asked about a 5711 when moving to a new city and trying to establish a new relationship (my older store kicked me off list despite over a year wait and being next on the list when they heard I was moving). The person covering in the store thought they actually had on in the safe and brought it out for me to see. I thought I had won the lottery and obviously wanted to buy it there on the spot. Obviously it was a mistake and spoken for but given the mix up, they did put me on the list and it ultimately lead to a great relationship with the store! All from a simple mistake

Was this in Beverly Hills, NYC or SF where they have watches in stock? Or another random Tiffany’s?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FrogWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 07:08 AM   #11
epicurus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
not just you
epicurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 07:17 AM   #12
Turbo Racer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I for one hope you get it! Good luck!!
Turbo Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 09:49 AM   #13
Casey VP-26
"TRF" Member

I was told about 10 months ago by a respected authority that the 5712/1a was no longer being shipped. Does anyone know of anyone who has received a new one from an AD in the past 6-8 months. Thanks
Casey VP-26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 10:11 AM   #14
PPcollector
"TRF" Member

Good luck!! Post pics if you get it and on the way home buy a Powerball or Mega Millions lottery ticket!!
PPcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2022, 07:51 PM   #15
wjv4200
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VP-26 View Post
I was told about 10 months ago by a respected authority that the 5712/1a was no longer being shipped. Does anyone know of anyone who has received a new one from an AD in the past 6-8 months. Thanks
I know there are 18 MY2022 for sale on Chrono24 right now so…..
wjv4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 01:57 AM   #16
PatexRhilippe
"TRF" Member

Ok. Took one for the team and went to the NYC Flagship Tiffany this morning. For context, I went in 2019 and HATED this place because of Kelly Yoch, she didn’t make me feel welcome at all and really wanted me to leave even though I was very courteous. Moving to today, I went in and was greeted by Raik, a really nice fellow that did make me feel welcome and was very friendly. He mistaken me at first by someone else that was maybe picking up a watch. I indicated my interest on the 5712 and the moment I said that he was like “wow”, and proceed to say he hasn’t seen that watch in years. He did mention it was a hard to get piece and due to market conditions it’s not possible to get it or anything for that matter. I don’t have spend at Tiffany and I’m guessing that could’ve helped, I remember Kelly asked for my Tiffany spend at one point even though the conversation wasn’t pleasant. I did have friends I met at an F.P. Journe event that got a Tiffany dial 6119R and did not have spend as well so just tried my luck. But there you have it. Raik did mention that I should try again once they open up the new store at the Landmark building. I do want to give a shoutout to Raik who was a pleasure to talk to and renewed my interest in the Tiffany Patek boutique.
PatexRhilippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 02:25 AM   #17
PPcollector
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatexRhilippe View Post
Ok. Took one for the team and went to the NYC Flagship Tiffany this morning.
Hmm…think that last one was shipped to San Diego?? Maybe the OP can check in again and let us know if the SD store has an incoming…will be interesting 🤔
PPcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 11:01 AM   #18
UmichNJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
Hello All,

I walked into Tiffany & Co. boutique San Diego today and asked about 5212. The young man associate looked up on his computer register. He said it wasn’t in their inventory. I said I was interested in 40mm or larger as I have a 7-1/2” wrist. He entered some more info into the computer and he brought up a 5712 and an Aquanaut (not sure which reference). I said I’d love to get the 5712/1a, but that they would never let me near that watch. He said, “I don’t know, I’ll go ask my manager.” He came back and said they aren’t sure it’s actually in stock at the NYC store, but if it is, he will inquire about having it transferred to them for me to purchase.

Oh the naive young mind … so refreshing to hear, but of course I know the reality of the situation. He said he didn’t think there was a spend history requirement, promised to follow up and email when he hears back on this watch. I give myself 1 in 5,000,000 of being able to buy it.

So, what’s the purpose of my post? To let you all out there who actually have spend history with Tiffany & Co. that they might have one in stock at the NYC HQ.

If by chance I do win the lottery and buy this grail (to me) watch, I’ll report back.

Here’s his computer screen shot of the watch.

I collect Tiffany stamped Patek and am a client of the NYC boutique. Nautilus and Aquanaut have been impossible to walk up customers for at least the past 3-4 years. I do know that jewelry spend can play a part in allocation, but I would guess it would need to be in the six, if not seven, figure range for a first time customer to make a difference.

UmichNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 11:44 AM   #19
onlytstamps
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmichNJ View Post
I collect Tiffany stamped Patek and am a client of the NYC boutique. Nautilus and Aquanaut have been impossible to walk up customers for at least the past 3-4 years. I do know that jewelry spend can play a part in allocation, but I would guess it would need to be in the six, if not seven, figure range for a first time customer to make a difference.

Interesting that you mentioned “jewelry spend”. That wasn’t even in the calculus prior to the 5711 Tiffany dial release in Dec 2021. After that, seems like to get any allocations will need some type of spend on jewelry. Also have been a client of Patek/Tiffany and with the new “spend” requirements will be different ball game. Not really a jewelry person myself or for the boss
onlytstamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 02:45 PM   #20
subgreen
"TRF" Member

Tiffany in Nashville (Green Hills) has one and it is available for any walk-in client. If I had enough on my A/E I would of bought it….not that playing field and probably will never be….I planned on flipping it. This was about a week ago and they do 1st come/1st served….they won’t even discuss what they have most of the time on the phone.
subgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 03:26 PM   #21
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subgreen View Post
Tiffany in Nashville (Green Hills) has one and it is available for any walk-in client. If I had enough on my A/E I would of bought it….not that playing field and probably will never be….I planned on flipping it. This was about a week ago and they do 1st come/1st served….they won’t even discuss what they have most of the time on the phone.
seriously? are u talking about 5712? if i would fly over immediately if I knew it.
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 09:06 PM   #22
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subgreen View Post
Not sure what you are talking about. Tiffany has been a Patek AD in NYC, SF, and LA only, see the Patek website if you wish.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2022, 10:18 PM   #23
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Not sure what you are talking about. Tiffany has been a Patek AD in NYC, SF, and LA only, see the Patek website if you wish.
That makes sense.
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2022, 07:13 AM   #24
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

I called Tiffany SDGO today as follow up. They reached back out to me this afternoon, saying there are two criteria: (1) 10 years of business with Tiffany and (2) “seven-figure” spend history.

I meet the first no problem, but not close on the second, so I thanked them for calling back, but warned them that this policy almost guarantees a flip as a sort of payback for their spend history. Shame.

Old 28 July 2022, 08:22 AM   #25
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I called Tiffany SDGO today as follow up. They reached back out to me this afternoon, saying there are two criteria: (1) 10 years of business with Tiffany and (2) “seven-figure” spend history.

I meet the first no problem, but not close on the second, so I thanked them for calling back, but warned them that this policy almost guarantees a flip as a sort of payback for their spend history. Shame.

They are idiots. A lot of people would flip their watch exactly to get the money back. Honestly I doubt many people care to have the Tiffany stamp. If someone could sell the Tiffany stamp for multiples more than a regular nautilus, I'm sure the majority would sell and just buy the nautilus grey/pocket the money.
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2022, 08:34 AM   #26
onlytstamps
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Wow…that is news to me. “Seven figures” spend history…does that include Patek or just on jewelry (I wonder)??

Didn’t know they had that quota and glad the store was upfront about it instead of other ADs that make you spend and spend to make you think you even have a chance for a Nautilus…or even Aquanaut
onlytstamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2022, 10:38 AM   #27
AbeFroman
Banned

Quote:

Despite how ridiculous their criteria may be, at least they told you straight up.
AbeFroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2022, 11:06 AM   #28
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

I completely knew I stood no chance of getting that 5712, but followed through to find out who the anointed ones were who could buy it.

I told the guy on the phone that I knew I wouldn’t be allowed to buy it. He was surprised because he had no idea there were such rules, and he apologized to me. I told him I knew going in, but wanted to make sure.

Old 28 July 2022, 12:00 PM   #29
NYMike
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610,1675, 116518
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
They are idiots. A lot of people would flip their watch exactly to get the money back. Honestly I doubt many people care to have the Tiffany stamp. If someone could sell the Tiffany stamp for multiples more than a regular nautilus, I'm sure the majority would sell and just buy the nautilus grey/pocket the money.
The logic is sound. If you spend like a few million dollars on jewelry you could have bought for substantially less elsewhere (I'm not talking about the basic design things, but get real, you're only getting in the 7 figures with big diamonds, and big gemstones), then you're likely not a person who would flip a Patek for a few dollars.

Last edited by NYMike; 28 July 2022 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: font
NYMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2022, 05:24 AM   #30
911AP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMike View Post
The logic is sound. If you spend like a few million dollars on jewelry you could have bought for substantially less elsewhere (I'm not talking about the basic design things, but get real, you're only getting in the 7 figures with big diamonds, and big gemstones), then you're likely not a person who would flip a Patek for a few dollars.
I'd do it.....just to spite them
911AP is offline   Reply With Quote