The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 2 August 2022, 04:05 AM   #1
sampelligrino
"TRF" Member

Anyone in US send to service center recently?

My AD just sent my 5164a out to NYC for a full service + new straps for me

Was told roughly 11-15 weeks! Anyone have any recent service experience?
sampelligrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2022, 06:07 AM   #2
schoutedeni
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampelligrino View Post
My AD just sent my 5164a out to NYC for a full service + new straps for me. Was told roughly 11-15 weeks! Anyone have any recent service experience?
I sent in a 5064 (quartz model) for full movement overhaul and new dial/date wheel, on 3/28/2022. Received it back 6/28/2022, so just about 3 months (12 weeks).
schoutedeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2022, 07:18 AM   #3
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
5164A just received back from HSNY. 11 weeks. Personally I’d rather deal direct, not through an AD. I figure the fewer interfaces, less chance of error.
fsprow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2022, 08:27 AM   #4
sampelligrino
"TRF" Member

Ok looks like 11-15 weeks is about right then, thanks for confirming
Old 2 August 2022, 08:30 AM   #5
sampelligrino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsprow View Post
5164A just received back from HSNY. 11 weeks. Personally I’d rather deal direct, not through an AD. I figure the fewer interfaces, less chance of error.
Fair points but being in LA I'd have to deal with shipping myself (+insurance at market value) to get to HSNY (or drop off in person)

Vs my AD who will take care of all shipping aspects (packing/ship/insure/pick up) for a flat fee & hopefully puts the onus on them to do everything perfectly...

I guess we'll see in 3+ months, hope for smooth sailing
Old 3 August 2022, 10:12 AM   #6
schoutedeni
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Fair points but being in LA I'd have to deal with shipping myself (+insurance at market value) to get to HSNY (or drop off in person)

Vs my AD who will take care of all shipping aspects (packing/ship/insure/pick up) for a flat fee & hopefully puts the onus on them to do everything perfectly...

I guess we'll see in 3+ months, hope for smooth sailing

Shipping through HSNY couldn’t be easier. They send you a prepaid box + label and take care of the shipping costs and insurance. Was incredibly easy and worry free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
schoutedeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2023, 12:42 AM   #7
sampelligrino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoutedeni View Post
Shipping through HSNY couldn’t be easier. They send you a prepaid box + label and take care of the shipping costs and insurance. Was incredibly easy and worry free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Just got off the phone with HSNY to ship my 5712 over for service because it's running fast and also I might want a dial replacement with a small defect

They told me they do not cover insurance or shipping at all, don't send a box or label, it's solely the responsibility and cost of the owner, nothing prepaid?
Old 1 October 2023, 08:03 AM   #8
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Just got off the phone with HSNY to ship my 5712 over for service because it's running fast and also I might want a dial replacement with a small defect

They told me they do not cover insurance or shipping at all, don't send a box or label, it's solely the responsibility and cost of the owner, nothing prepaid?
That is correct you need to send it to them in your own box. You should have your own insurance, or you will need to send insured. Shipping cost is the customer's responsibility.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2023, 01:41 AM   #9
sampelligrino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
That is correct you need to send it to them in your own box. You should have your own insurance, or you will need to send insured. Shipping cost is the customer's responsibility.
Thanks - that's what I guessed and had confirmed, so to ship a watch valued at $100k+ seems to be a pain in the butt and risk

Seems easiest to give my AD the watch and have them ship out in bulk with their other pieces at a very minor cost instead, they did that with my 5164a and other than a bit of a wait it was seamless