The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 4 August 2022, 08:07 PM   #1
aproo
"TRF" Member

5130P World Time

Thinking of getting the PP 5130P World Time and swopping out with my AP 26120 Dual Time Blue Dial. Not sure if having these two together makes sense?

Any thoughts?

Cheers.
aproo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2022, 10:34 PM   #2
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Dual time and world time are quite different complications.

Something more comparable to the AP dual time would be the Patek travel time.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2022, 11:30 PM   #3
aproo
"TRF" Member

Thanks and yes that makes sense, like the 5164. Brain freeze, did not think about the PP travel time.

Besides that, would it be a good trade for the PP World Time?

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
Old 5 August 2022, 12:16 AM   #4
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Two very different watches in terms of wearability though. I don’t really like the dual time dial and prefer the world time dial. You would still need to top up some cash to get the world time with the trade.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2022, 01:24 AM   #5
Vasco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aproo View Post
Thinking of getting the PP 5130P World Time and swopping out with my AP 26120 Dual Time Blue Dial. Not sure if having these two together makes sense?

Any thoughts?

Cheers.
From my POV, they work very well because one is casual, easy to wear (style, bracelet) and the other one is more "classical" (strap, precious material). Hence I would have them both without any problems.

Your post seems to show that you focus more naturally on the function.

Personally, a Royal Oak is so beautiful that I would really think twice before selling it. Even if the 5130P is a very appealing watch. I would consider how I wear/enjoy watches. I wouldn't sell my Nautilus for a classical model unless I'm really sure I won't miss it. Today, I wouldn't make the trade.

If the style/wearing comfort isn't an important concern for you, but the World Time Patek heritage and the beauty of such a traditional piece speaks to you, then the conclusion might be different.
Vasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2022, 11:08 AM   #6
aproo
"TRF" Member

You are spot-on on the function aspects. Thanks for your input and it makes sense. Makes me reconsider what I want as I look to reconfigure my collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco View Post
From my POV, they work very well because one is casual, easy to wear (style, bracelet) and the other one is more "classical" (strap, precious material). Hence I would have them both without any problems.

Your post seems to show that you focus more naturally on the function.

Personally, a Royal Oak is so beautiful that I would really think twice before selling it. Even if the 5130P is a very appealing watch. I would consider how I wear/enjoy watches. I wouldn't sell my Nautilus for a classical model unless I'm really sure I won't miss it. Today, I wouldn't make the trade.

If the style/wearing comfort isn't an important concern for you, but the World Time Patek heritage and the beauty of such a traditional piece speaks to you, then the conclusion might be different.