The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 May 2021, 04:45 PM   #61
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by acaixguard View Post
Hello, I noticed that my new GMT-Master II with the 3285 movement is running pretty consistently since I got it a few days ago. Just one very very minor annoyance...while I am wearing it, I notice that it runs about 0.5sec slow in 12 hours. One or two nights, I also notice that it seems to gain a small fraction of a second if I lay it flat on my nightstand overnight.

Obviously this is extremely minor and well within the +2/-2 guarantee. However, I just am not used to a watch that runs slow at all. I would have preferred that it runs 0.5sec fast.

Is this something that RSC would be willing to regulate, or only if it's outside of their spec? Also, can it be done while I wait on the spot? Or does it take a little more time of wearing it for the accuracy to "settle"?

Thanks in advance!
Just enjoy the watch.
Forget timing it over 12/24 hours. Wear the watch normally for 2 weeks or a month and check the timing. If it’s within plus 2 or minus 2, it’s incredibly accurate.

If you want better than this, sell it and buy a quartz.

Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 05:26 PM   #62
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Hello, I noticed that my new GMT-Master II with the 3285 movement is running pretty consistently since I got it a few days ago. Just one very very minor annoyance...while I am wearing it, I notice that it runs about 0.5sec slow in 12 hours. One or two nights, I also notice that it seems to gain a small fraction of a second if I lay it flat on my nightstand overnight.

Obviously this is extremely minor and well within the +2/-2 guarantee. However, I just am not used to a watch that runs slow at all. I would have preferred that it runs 0.5sec fast.

Is this something that RSC would be willing to regulate, or only if it's outside of their spec? Also, can it be done while I wait on the spot? Or does it take a little more time of wearing it for the accuracy to "settle"?

Thanks in advance!
Well its exactly like you state extremely minor, and there is no guarantee, only the fact movement was tested in a controlled environment to a precision of -2+2 seconds. And at time of testing movement met the spec, this dont mean it will perform exactly the same every day for life.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 06:22 PM   #63
Gab27
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ-PGMTII View Post
I’m tired of my 126710blro running 2 - 3 minutes slower within a week off winding it fully and setting it a minute ahead.

Never take it off except when I shower or bike or exercise - all of which are not like 3 hours/day. Maybe like 5hrs / week.

Never noticed it so obviously and quickly with my seasmaster or my IWC AT.

Luckily I just got a 41 mm 124060 no date sub, so I’m going in to get it sized and while I’m there the dealer watch guy said he "measure" it and adjust it.
What year is the BLRO? It's likely going to need a trip to a RSC. Losing 40+ seconds a day is not a minor adjustment issue.
Gab27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 06:31 PM   #64
saxo3
"TRF" Member

New GMT running a tad slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ-PGMTII View Post
I’m tired of my 126710blro running 2 - 3 minutes slower within a week off winding it fully and setting it a minute ahead.

Never take it off except when I shower or bike or exercise - all of which are not like 3 hours/day. Maybe like 5hrs / week.

Never noticed it so obviously and quickly with my seasmaster or my IWC AT.

Luckily I just got a 41 mm 124060 no date sub, so I’m going in to get it sized and while I’m there the dealer watch guy said he "measure" it and adjust it.
Have a look here:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=786299
It's a technical discussion thread!
You are welcome to join with data.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 06:59 PM   #65
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Watch: I love them all.
An error of any magnitude is still am error.

Some people (myself included) get really "Nuts" with an error and strive to get a watch to be as perfect as possible.

The thread mentioned in the post above says it all really and joining in is quite a bit of fun and can assist in helping small errors in a watch be rectified by very simple positioning of a watch etc overnight. There is a lot more to be found there also though.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2021, 07:09 PM   #66
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
New GMT running a tad slow

Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Normal but keep an eye on it as some of the 32xx movements are having slowdowns issues.
-0.5 sec can early be regulated by leaving your watch dial up or down while you’re not wearing it « nighttime »
The next morning the watch is gonna be back to 0:0 or +0.5.
I find this regulation routine so amusing and keep the watch accuracy almost spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 May 2021, 09:26 PM   #67
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Is it reviving old threads today ?
Old 18 May 2021, 09:30 AM   #68
GJ-PGMTII
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Have a look here:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=786299
It's a technical discussion thread!
You are welcome to join with data.

Quick update … I took my gmt into local AD and the repair guy measured it and said it’s definitely running slow but it seems to be since it wasn’t being powered optimally even though it was fully wound.

I dropped off the watch for warranty work tonight.

It all started, since I went in to get this sized today …

Now I wait 2 weeks to hear the diagnosis then weeks more to get it fixed. Just wanted to share.

I’ll be monitoring my 41mm Sub for accuracy.

GJ-PGMTII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 04:02 AM   #69
GJ-PGMTII
"TRF" Member

Quick update.

Heard from AD who heard back from Rolex.

They claim there was damage to the watch which was causing the issue with the winder/power reserve not working properly to cause the time to slow down noticeably by minutes.

They said they will fix it out of the goodness of their hearts!

This is such BS. I never dropped the watch. Or banging on anything.

They claim there are marks at 9 and 11 on the outside. Hey genius how do you bang up a watch at 9?

I know that’s bs done I polish the watch for minor scratches from desk diving. My wife laughed when she heard there explanation, since it test it like a child.

I’ve had three watches for a decade each and never abuse my watches. And those I used to take biking, running, showering etc.

With the GMT I don’t do any of that.

If it was really some form of blunt force damage what happened to 5000 G shock testing on the sport watches? I’d be dead if I encountered that much g force. Or the floor would have a big dent or hole in it hit at 5KG. Not to mention that not normally possible - terminal velocity.

I think Rolex slapped this together and now to save face came up with some bs story.

They could have just said “oops we all make mistakes but we stand behind our warranty”. But no they have get all corporate and say we are above fault ever.

I already planned not to wear the GMT due appreciation.

Plus it’s too fancy with the shiny bracelet and superfluous date and useless Cyclops window which only works when viewed at 90 degrees to the face of the watch. Dumb dumb super-dumb.

I only got since I wanted the gmt since I was a kid. From an industrial fit and finish it’s just okay - compared to a iPhone or a 911. 1950 called they want their machine shop back.

It’ll sit in a drawer for my kids or when it’s time to sell.

Just got a 41mm sub 124060 since I hate the cyclops and the need fir a date window that needs to be adjusted every two months. It’ll be rotated with my Apple Watch.

If it’s really my fault, then it’s not a bomb proof tool watch as they claim it’s just fancy jewelry.

GJ-PGMTII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2021, 04:27 AM   #70
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Try walking slower, sometimes that makes the watch speed up a little.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote