The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 12 June 2017, 02:03 PM   #1
Bro Watch
"TRF" Member

My new SD50 126600 is running slow.

My SD50 126600 is running about -5 sec per day. What do you guys think I should do? Rolex has said that it has (quietly extended its Rolex Superlative Chronometer Certification to its entire production, meaning that all Rolex Oyster watches will be tested by Rolex to meet its stringent -2/+2 seconds accuracy ratings).
Any one else have this problem with there new rolex?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Bro Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2017, 05:13 PM   #2
topcat30093
"TRF" Member

I have the same issue with a new Patek Aquanaut that was only a week old. And I sent it back to be regulated.
IMO, a company should not promise one thing and then not fulfil it. At least when it comes to a new watch.
Old 12 June 2017, 05:26 PM   #3
dhmrs
2024 Pledge Member

How long have you had it? I recommend waiting a month before making a decision. Also, -5 sec/day really isn't that bad at all.
dhmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2017, 05:34 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Well first expect the movement when tested on the timing machine it did meet this new -2+2 spec precision.But on the wrist it could be slightly different depending on many things like earth's gravity, metal expansion and contraction, temperature variations, subtle changes in lubrication and friction,mainspring power-reserve shocks, and so on.So dont be in a big hurry to get back off watch hopefully it will settle down to your wearing habits and pull back a few seconds.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2017, 09:04 PM   #5
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Make sure you have given it the manual wind of 40 turns and wear it. See how it goes over the next few weeks. I would not send it back for 5 seconds a day. This watch would not leave my wrist for months.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2017, 09:05 PM   #6
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Let it break in a bit
Old 12 June 2017, 09:16 PM   #7
affalterbach
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko SUN065P1
My new SD43 is consistently running about 20 seconds fast per day. When I set the time it gains 8 seconds in the first 3 hrs and another 12 over the next 21 hrs. Also have a new DJ 2 with the 3235 movement and it does the same thing. Gains 7 seconds in about 3 hrs time and another 7 seconds throughout the day.
affalterbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2017, 09:19 PM   #8
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
No problem with mine, but I rotate watches every 3 days or so, so I don't notice

I'd wait a while and see what it's like in a month or two.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2017, 09:51 PM   #9
mosfetaus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116200 ; 16613
Are COSC/Superlative watches "run in" before they're tested and passed? I don't thing so. If it doesn't meet the spec then it's just false advertising. Isn't that illegal?
mosfetaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2017, 11:47 PM   #10
Bro Watch
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the advice it helps a lot. I'll let it break in for a few more month and see from there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Bro Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2017, 01:43 AM   #11
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosfetaus View Post
Are COSC/Superlative watches "run in" before they're tested and passed? I don't thing so. If it doesn't meet the spec then it's just false advertising. Isn't that illegal?
The bare uncased movements are still tested at the Swiss COSC to a Average of -4+6 seconds to get the COSC certification.The movements are shipped back to Rolex then stored till matched to a case.Rolex then re-regulates on a timing machine to this new -2+2 second precision spec.What does this mean well in the real world just like the COSC test at time of testing movement met said spec.It's not a guarantee movement will perform exactly the same every day for life, only that its been tested to a precision of -2+2 seconds on a machine.Much like they test new cars for petrol miles to the gallon and performance, but its doubtful if the car buyer will get exactly the same result when driven out on the roads.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2017, 04:59 AM   #12
flintsghost
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by affalterbach View Post
My new SD43 is consistently running about 20 seconds fast per day. When I set the time it gains 8 seconds in the first 3 hrs and another 12 over the next 21 hrs. Also have a new DJ 2 with the 3235 movement and it does the same thing. Gains 7 seconds in about 3 hrs time and another 7 seconds throughout the day.
That's terrible, but since you have two different watches doing the same thing then maybe it's something to do with you. You should of course let RSC take a look and fix it.
flintsghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2017, 11:29 PM   #13
R3-D9
"TRF" Member

Assuming you've monitored this for a few weeks and you still are seeing -5 seconds per day, I'd recommend taking it back to Rolex for a review.

I recently picked up a four month old 214270 and so far it runs well within the +2/-2 spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
R3-D9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2017, 02:20 AM   #14
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by affalterbach View Post
Might be magnetism. Especially since you're having this issue with more than one watch.
Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote