The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 8 December 2013, 07:40 AM   #1
ROLEXELOR
"TRF" Member

Aerospace 42 vs 43mm

Hello,

Again the Aerospace is knocking my head... I had the B1 and I always said, if the B1 Super Quartz was 300 meters, will be my only watch.

My questions are:

Any photos of the Aerospace 42 mm near the 43mm?

The difference in size will be so obvious?

If not, is better to buy the old Aerospace at better price?

Which color? Black, grey (looks brown to me in some photos) or blue. Black I don't think so... my DSSD and 422 already black.

No problem in swimming pool, beach and water sports? 100 meters watch. ..

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1386452402038.jpg (47.4 KB, 469 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1386452417875.jpg (45.6 KB, 465 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1386452430198.jpg (45.2 KB, 463 views)
ROLEXELOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2013, 09:17 AM   #2
MitchSteel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Vintage Rolex
I've done a bit of my own research before I bought an aerospace.This is what I went withhttp://

The Avantage is nice, but the pre- model beats it in my opinion.
Technically, the Avantage has its.....you've guessed it.....advantages( backlighting, that's it really), but the pre- model's dial is waaaaay nicer, glows like a torch, I'd compare it to a PAM almost.

Probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival---Capt. Rage

Don't believe anything in aviation, 'till V1---Mitch Danger Steel
MitchSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2013, 09:26 AM   #3
SLRdude
"TRF" Member

They wear VERY different.

The previous model is much thinner and a lot more elegant than the 100% tool watch look of the new Evo.

I took mine swimming in the ocean for a week and it had no problems at all. Breitling watches are over-engineered, like most timepieces non jewelery/designer time pieces in that price category.

If you want a more elegant look that can almost work with a suit if on a strap, the previous model is hard to beat. The new one is awesome but as a lot more sporty and due to the thickness of it and the bezel design it look larger than the 1mm would suggest.

Member # 87
SLRdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2013, 09:48 AM   #4
MitchSteel
"TRF" Member

I will second the toughness comment.I was a bit concerned with Ti being scratch prone, but on the contrary, its quite tough, yet surprisingly easy to rebrush and refresh if need be.Either way, one can not go wrong with an Aerospace, my concerns and reservations were very quickly proven wrong.Dive in and get one

Probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival---Capt. Rage

Old 8 December 2013, 06:04 PM   #5
ROLEXELOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchSteel View Post
I've done a bit of my own research before I bought an aerospace.This is what I went with

The Avantage is nice, but the pre- model beats it in my opinion.
Technically, the Avantage has its.....you've guessed it.....advantages( backlighting, that's it really), but the pre- model's dial is waaaaay nicer, glows like a torch, I'd compare it to a PAM almost.
Thank you for your message!

Nice watch you have. I know about the poor visibility with day light of the Avantage, but I use the backlight, I like this feature in the watch.

Do you think that the new Aerospace will have the same high contrast and nice LCD contrast like the pro-model's before the Avantage plus backlight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLRdude View Post
They wear VERY different.

The previous model is much thinner and a lot more elegant than the 100% tool watch look of the new Evo.

I took mine swimming in the ocean for a week and it had no problems at all. Breitling watches are over-engineered, like most timepieces non jewelery/designer time pieces in that price category.

If you want a more elegant look that can almost work with a suit if on a strap, the previous model is hard to beat. The new one is awesome but as a lot more sporty and due to the thickness of it and the bezel design it look larger than the 1mm would suggest.
Thank you!

If wears big, I like it. I wear the DSSD most of the time, and for me is the perfect watch. Also, If I buy a watch I would like not to feel a big change in size wearing it. So maybe the Evo will be the solution... but the question now goes to the LCD.

Quote:
I will second the toughness comment.I was a bit concerned with Ti being scratch prone, but on the contrary, its quite tough, yet surprisingly easy to rebrush and refresh if need be.Either way, one can not go wrong with an Aerospace, my concerns and reservations were very quickly proven wrong.Dive in and get one
I will be ok with the titanium

Just need a watch to wear when I go on short trips or when I'm in my country house, fishing, mushroom hunting, BBQ's,... I know Casio (I have two) is a nice option, but I feel like the Breitling Aerospace is the way to go

And three of my B1 favorites photos, two are made in Lijiang, during my trip around China (I was living in Shanghai more than 5 years)

The last one is made on the way to Everest mountain base camp.

As you can see, I have a big hand...so I need big watches (42-45mm) The LCD was perfect, nice contrast. You can see it in the photo, the sun was quite bright at this altitude :) What I like the most in the watch, is that if you are completely at night, you want to set your alarm, no need to turn on the light (if you are traveling in train, while all the people sleeps)... just press to get light in the B1 and start setting the alarm, the light will still on till you finish :) I LOVE THAT!

But... will look the new Aerospace Evo LCD good? High contrast during day light and also work well with backlight?

I sold the B1 because was only 50meters... I was afraid to take a swim with it. I did it, but I was afraid all the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2r6llkj.jpg (23.8 KB, 453 views)
File Type: jpg zmfwpc.jpg (27.0 KB, 450 views)
File Type: jpg img0425resolucindeescri.jpg (216.6 KB, 451 views)
Old 8 December 2013, 09:38 PM   #6
ROLEXELOR
"TRF" Member

I've found one Aerospace e7936210 in Saint Petersburg, grey dial. New!

Price seems to be good, 100.000 rubles = 3.000$

But this is the one you said the LCD is not very good in daylight, right?

Regards
Old 9 December 2013, 01:22 AM   #7
MitchSteel
"TRF" Member

I highly doubt the Evo's LCD will be any brighter than the other models, besides, all the internals are the same all across the models.In real life the LCD readouts are not ar bright and pronounced as the ads make it look.....although functional and readable, non the less.
I've handled 3 different models at one time, to compare, and I chose the one I have on esthetics only.The Avantage is a bit more dressy, with its polished numerals and crown.The pre- model is more tool oriented I find, and that's what I wanted.
Now, before you go for an EVO, see one in person, I've talked to a couple of guys on other forums about the EVO, and the consensus was, that the hands in the EVO are a bit small and out of place,now that's just an opinion, but to me it appears so.
Not sure if I can justify EVOs price either.You can certainly find a nice Avantage for around 2k on bracelet.Id highly recommend getting the bracelet with it, very, very impressive.
Ive handled a black and blue dialed Avantage, gotta say, the black is the way to go, very handsome.
Good luck

Old 9 December 2013, 01:41 AM   #8
ROLEXELOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I highly doubt the Evo's LCD will be any brighter than the other models, besides, all the internals are the same all across the models.In real life the LCD readouts are not ar bright and pronounced as the ads make it look.....although functional and readable, non the less.
I've handled 3 different models at one time, to compare, and I chose the one I have on esthetics only.The Avantage is a bit more dressy, with its polished numerals and crown.The pre- model is more tool oriented I find, and that's what I wanted.
Now, before you go for an EVO, see one in person, I've talked to a couple of guys on other forums about the EVO, and the consensus was, that the hands in the EVO are a bit small and out of place,now that's just an opinion, but to me it appears so.
Not sure if I can justify EVOs price either.You can certainly find a nice Avantage for around 2k on bracelet.Id highly recommend getting the bracelet with it, very, very impressive.
Ive handled a black and blue dialed Avantage, gotta say, the black is the way to go, very handsome.
Good luck
Thank you for your message!

I will study more about the Aerospace models and then decide. The EVO looks nice cause is 43mm, but well, 42mm is not bad

For 2K I'll buy it! But so far I didn't find any.

I thought will be more easy to find a nice Aerospace, but now I'm a little bit lost between models.

Let's try to name it:

First photo is the EVO

We suppose is like the AVANTAGE model.

Second photo is the AVANTAGE

Backlight, poor reading

Which are the pre- AVANTAGE?

No backlight, perfect reading.

Best regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Breitling-Aerospace-Evo_front_560.jpg (80.6 KB, 442 views)
File Type: jpg i_1038_1.jpg (38.2 KB, 438 views)
Old 10 December 2013, 02:22 AM   #9
ROLEXELOR
"TRF" Member

Well, so far there is only one that I've found here in Russia, exactly this one

I offer to him 2k € but he wants 2.2k

Is new, do you think is a good price?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Breitling.jpg (87.2 KB, 431 views)
Old 10 December 2013, 02:28 AM   #10
MitchSteel
"TRF" Member

Price is completely up to you.At 2.2k would be allright, only if the watch was recently serviced with new battery and seals.
This is the Pre-Avantage model.40mm,no back lighting( I don't need it anyway, as the numerals glow like a torch all night long), the LCD readouts are the same across all models.
http://

Old 10 December 2013, 02:47 AM   #11
ROLEXELOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Price is completely up to you.At 2.2k would be allright, only if the watch was recently serviced with new battery and seals.
This is the Pre-Avantage model.40mm,no back lighting( I don't need it anyway, as the numerals glow like a torch all night long), the LCD readouts are the same across all models.
http://
2.000€uros new, completely new from 2013 with 2 years international warranty. I don't know where he bought it.

I've contact with my friend in Spain and he told me that his best price for me (after tax free, cause I'm from Spain but I don't live there...) will be 2.400€uros.

So seems to be a nice price here in Russia.

The dial of your watch is amazing! One of the most beautiful in the Aerospace if not the most beautiful, but... 40mm is to small for me.

Maybe I'll pull the trigger on this one, yes... I'm trying to convince my wife. She told me that If I buy it she'll have the same amount of money to buy some clothes in our next trip to New York hehehe

Cheers!
Old 10 December 2013, 02:57 AM   #12
MitchSteel
"TRF" Member

Na Zdorovie

Old 10 December 2013, 03:11 AM   #13
ROLEXELOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Na Zdorovie
Gracias!!!

Salud!
Old 10 December 2013, 04:40 AM   #14
MitchSteel
"TRF" Member

After a 2 minute exposure to daylight.Gives you an idea abut the lume.http://

Old 10 December 2013, 06:42 AM   #15
ROLEXELOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
After a 2 minute exposure to daylight.Gives you an idea abut the lume.http://
Amazing!

Thank you for the photo!

Love the dial of this watch
Old 6 March 2017, 10:20 PM   #16
Dumitru Ivanov
"TRF" Member

Such clarity. Enjoy it, mate!
Old 8 March 2017, 08:15 AM   #17
Robertus2
"TRF" Member

I also suggest to go for the 42 mm version on bracelet hands down - the same I went for and haven't regretted it since. I went for the black dial - if you want it sometimes to "dress up" a bit then you can hide the digital functions - you can do it best with the black dial.
I enjoy a lot the minute repeater - I simply do not have to take my hands out of under the cover when wanting to know the time in bed. Pure luxury :-D Great!
Robertus2 is offline   Reply With Quote