The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 27 February 2009, 09:51 PM   #31
Orchi
Banned

Err buddies...the Seller has RE-Listed the Rolex Ref 16660 Sea-Dweller watch...
which was the Transitional model between the famed Ref 1665 Sea-Dweller...
n the recently discontinued Ref 16600 Sea-Dweller...

This time...the Seller has REVISED the listing description as the following...

# Model: 16660 --
# Serial: "7,3##,### million serial 30-35 movement 1982 production era.
# Condition: Actual watch in photos. Movement serviced by our Master Watchmaker Certified AWCI
# Bracelet: Original Stainless Steel Oyster... Excellent condition. .. Folding clasp, locking clasp.

# Dial: This dial is authentic Rolex with authentic Rolex hands. Probably a replaced dial and hands. It is Black with Applied round baton and triangular markers in white gold with luminous inlay. Partly skeletonized hands in white gold with luminous inlay. White gold second hand with a skeletonized circle w/ luminous inlay. ..... Date window at 3o'clock. Sapphire crystle was not replaced. Has some small marks and scratches.

# Case: is Steel, Rotating bezel is Stainless Steel ..diameter is 40mm, height 11.57 mm; screw-in "Triplelock" crown with protective horns; screw-on back. Water resistant to 4000 ft Tested in our shop to 200'

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-Rolex-Subma...3A1%7C294%3A50

In here...Orchi shall tip the hat off to salute...
the Seller for being receptive...to the constructive criticism...
or comments of the previous listing of the same watch...in this thread.

Orchi respects the traits of a sincere Seller...in eBay...
Orchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2009, 10:58 PM   #32
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Newton View Post
I hope to say this for the last time but, alas, it won't be so.

None of us admit to reporting anything here. I certainly do not admit to reporting anything. I do not admit to reporting anything because of the over-zealousness on the part of some, who want to defend their right to make money, at the expense of good business ethics. We then get in to arguing about semantics, justifications, worrying about someone's reputation, etc., rather than thinking about the innocent buyer who gets stuck with someone's misrepresented item, because a seller wanted to claim something, that was not true to begin with. Why would I want to be responsible to contact a seller and say; "Excuse me sir/madam, but your watch is not 100% original as you state?" When I did try to do that years ago it was met with varying amounts of success and failure. Most knew what they were doing and tried to attack me for my little three transaction history with E-Bay. Yes folks, three transactions. One, a Tag Heuer Kirium Chronometer, two, a cruise book for a WestPac Cruise that occurred on the USS Ranger in 1976, three, a misrepresented Rolex Explorer that I returned to the seller because it was misrepresented. So, like I have stated many times, I have no conflict of interest in the; "Watch Out" Section. I do not do this volunteer effort to eliminate any sales competition.

E-Bay is a open forum where buyer's and seller's can get together to complete mutually beneficial transactions. It is a volunteer community, that is self-policed, where anyone can file reports against suspect sales. Ultimately, E-Bay is responsible for making the final determination, if an item is removed for any reason whatsoever. To blame people on this forum, because an item was openly discussed in this forum, is ludicrous and dumb, when we are mostly here for educational purposes only. I certainly do not get a dime to be here on this forum, I am not an employee of E-bay, in fact, I have a full-time job to begin with, and look on the forum when I can fit it in to my schedule.

I say passionately what I said before; people who sell on E-Bay are responsible for truth in advertising. If they do not know what they are selling, then they should research it, get it checked by RSC, check it out with other vintage experts, etc., before putting up a listing that they claim is 100% original, when it is not. This is like the tobacco companies claiming, that they are not responsible for marketing a deadly product, that they knew was harmful, for many years prior to the court system, and the country, accepted this as fact.

E-Bay is the final determiner of whether an item gets removed for misrepresentation, being a scam, fake, too-good-to-be-true auction, etc. I lose no sleep over the fact that E-bay is doing their job along the sidelines. I will not condemn their desire to keep E-Bay a safe community where people can come together and complete mutually beneficial transactions. Hurray for E-Bay.

All those who sell on E-Bay, please post truthful descriptions of what you are selling. One could only hope for transparency in the sales listed on E-bay. If someone here wants to be the one who takes it upon themselves to politely send an e-mail to someone and tell them their underwear is showing, please do. I only ask for truth in advertising. If a watch has been serviced, with many a replacement part, say so instead of trying to pass it off as 100% original. Simple solution.

Terry Newton
Well stated, Terry.
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2009, 10:59 PM   #33
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchi View Post

# Condition: Actual watch in photos. Movement serviced by our Master Watchmaker Certified AWCI
# Bracelet: Original Stainless Steel Oyster... Excellent condition. .. Folding clasp, locking clasp.

# Dial: This dial is authentic Rolex with authentic Rolex hands. Probably a replaced dial and hands. It is Black with Applied round baton and triangular markers in white gold with luminous inlay. Partly skeletonized hands in white gold with luminous inlay. White gold second hand with a skeletonized circle w/ luminous inlay. ..... Date window at 3o'clock. Sapphire crystle was not replaced. Has some small marks and scratches.

# Case: is Steel, Rotating bezel is Stainless Steel ..diameter is 40mm, height 11.57 mm; screw-in "Triplelock" crown with protective horns; screw-on back. Water resistant to 4000 ft Tested in our shop to 200'

Your analysis was well received, excellent!
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2009, 12:08 AM   #34
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchi View Post

Excellent work Buddy Orchi.

Seller has fully disclosed the issues to potential buyers.

onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2009, 12:21 AM   #35
idk01
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ16233TT
*phew* Love to see a happy ending!

idk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2009, 07:20 PM   #36
Dude
"TRF" Member

Hello

I've find a Seadweller 16600 , 1999. It seems everything is ok, but, I'm not sure that the dial is original one, because there is only written "Swiss", like it's said in the begining of this forum.

And, if it's not, does it mean that it's not a collection rollex ? (sorry for my small english...)
thanks a lot for your reply
Dude
PS: i 'm fond of rollex, and it will be my first purchase
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rollex Seadweller 16600 1999.jpg (45.9 KB, 29 views)
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2009, 01:38 AM   #37
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
I was wondering why this dusty post was getting taken off of the shelf. I remember my good legal argument that I made here. I was wearing my; "Sincere Suit" that day of argument.

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Terry Newton is offline   Reply With Quote