The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 14 April 2018, 10:57 AM   #1
Jbed
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16520 A-Serial
Who has recent experience with ABC Watchwerks

I read one very damning post about the ABC Watchwerks team from February, but has anyone had good experiences in last six months? Price is very competitive from ABC. And they do bracelet restoration which many others do not. Historical rep was stellar... and yes I spoke with LA Watch Works too.

Thanks in advance for your responses. Please don’t respond if you have not personally had a service done by ABC in last six months. :thumbs up:

The piece in question is my A-serial 16520.

Thank you!!!
Jbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2018, 07:37 AM   #2
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
It was more than six months, maybe a year, but I had a good experience with ABC. They worked on a pre-moon Speedy of mine and did a great job. I'm sure you're aware of the separation of LAWW and ABC a couple of years ago. Used to be the same operation.

No place is going to be 100 percent perfect, including LAWW. I've had a couple of no-so-great experiences at LAWW, but I still think they're fantastic, and I have a watch there right now. In other words, one bad review shouldn't define a business. If you're looking for a movement-only service, Bob Ridley is a very good option too. He did an amazing job with my 6263. If casework is part of what you need, then the other two places are your best bet.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2018, 10:26 PM   #3
ArthurB
Banned

Watch: the Skies
I like them both and know them both. LAWW gets the edge for me, however, they take 4-EVER to complete anything and if you are a perfectionist like me, they get testy when you are VERY specific about what you want done and not done. I just ignore it and don't take it personal, but some might not. Ymmv.
ArthurB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2018, 12:08 AM   #4
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Do not send your watch to ABC. They had my Tudor Sub for 18 weeks and when I got the watch back, it was never even serviced it although I was certainly charged for it. Now I am involved in a time consuming dispute with my credit card company to obtain a refund. Alex is a crook and a liar and I hope ABC goes out of business! There are at least 3-4 negative reviews floating around the forum recently.
NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2018, 01:36 AM   #5
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Well, I hope it's OK to post this link, which I hadn't seen before but I think is worth sharing. Again, my experience with ABC was good, but it was about a year or so ago. Seems like the times they are a' changin'.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=587208
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2018, 03:18 AM   #6
MinMay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKflyer View Post
Do not send your watch to ABC. They had my Tudor Sub for 18 weeks and when I got the watch back, it was never even serviced it although I was certainly charged for it. Now I am involved in a time consuming dispute with my credit card company to obtain a refund. Alex is a crook and a liar and I hope ABC goes out of business! There are at least 3-4 negative reviews floating around the forum recently.
thanks for the info. 1 bad review is good enough for me.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2018, 10:51 AM   #7
Jbed
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16520 A-Serial
Headed to RSC NYC, reality is a 16520 with final batch parts should not lose value if replaced with latest SEL bracelet or whatever...

Thanks for your thoughts, too many spotty reviews to send my watch 3k miles away.
Jbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 01:42 AM   #8
SgWatchBaron
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ref 6265 PN Panda
LAWW all the way. Quick turnover for me. Two weeks for case recut of 3 watches.
Old 25 April 2018, 07:38 AM   #9
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
Wow I'm actually very surprised to hear about bad service at ABC. I had two watches there. Both had some movement issues. I gave it to ABC towards the end of 2017 and received them back a couple months ago. I told them that I was in no hurry and cost was a bigger factor because to be honest, neither watch were particularly valuable enough to warranty expensive repairs. They said that their watchmaker would work on them during the down times in order to minimize cost. They ended up doing a full service on both and really took care of me. They also regulated better than when they were new.
116710er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2018, 11:15 PM   #10
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 116710er View Post
Wow I'm actually very surprised to hear about bad service at ABC. I had two watches there. Both had some movement issues. I gave it to ABC towards the end of 2017 and received them back a couple months ago. I told them that I was in no hurry and cost was a bigger factor because to be honest, neither watch were particularly valuable enough to warranty expensive repairs. They said that their watchmaker would work on them during the down times in order to minimize cost. They ended up doing a full service on both and really took care of me. They also regulated better than when they were new.

Just liking this herculean post due to your avatar ; )
Old 17 October 2018, 05:37 AM   #11
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linesiders View Post
Just liking this herculean post due to your avatar ; )
Lol, I just saw this post...glad some people got it! :)
116710er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2018, 06:43 AM   #12
htbilgic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Doxa Pro 300 NoT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKflyer View Post
That's pretty bad. I never had to deal with a watchmaker charging for a movement service without overhauling it.
htbilgic is offline   Reply With Quote