The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 April 2018, 03:43 AM   #1
JW1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-date
Sea-Dweller Anniversary

I really like the Sea-Dweller Anniversary. Are these really hard to find? Are people paying well over MSRP?

Hard to determine the market/ what's "fair" through Chrono24 and google searches.
JW1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 04:07 AM   #2
007_Omega
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
These are easier to get now so try to find a good local AD and put your name on the list. I still think it sells for over MSRP but I wouldn't pay that.

A really good AD could probably source this for you faster than you think. Don't quote me on any timeframes as I have no idea but from what others have posted it seems reasonable.
007_Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 04:11 AM   #3
Brownb2110
"TRF" Member

Several ADs around here wouldn’t even entertain the idea of putting me on their waiting list but this will be my first Rolex so they are all suspect (thinking I’m going to flip it). Seems like if you have a prior relationship with one, you’ll be in good shape.
Brownb2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 04:13 AM   #4
genkifd
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
dont know about easy to find as i have yet to see one in any of my local AD or greys.

i would not pay over RRP for one but im happy to wait - even a year. but saying so mine should arrive next month (ordered late last year, if im not mistaken).

but you never know you might be lucky.
genkifd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 04:24 AM   #5
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Being you're in the US it shouldn't be too hard to find one at MSRP through an AD.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 04:26 AM   #6
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
A couple members have recently acquired one in a matter of weeks. Just walked into the AD at the right time I suppose. Now is a good time to look since they seem to be more plentiful. Go to sever AD's in person if you can and ask. Some may ask for a deposit but will get one for you relatively quickly. I'm on many lists and have never gotten called, which tells me lists are for the most part bunk...
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 04:29 AM   #7
hitman23
"TRF" Member

it's still a seadweller, never the greatest seller in the catalog. I am sure you will be able to get one at list eventually at your AD.
hitman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 04:34 AM   #8
Bruins7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex(4),15400
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman23 View Post
it's still a seadweller, never the greatest seller in the catalog. I am sure you will be able to get one at list eventually at your AD.
It maybe just a sea dweller but this particular rendition of it is arguably the best diver in rolexes line up. It’s a hot seller and if you’re lucky you’ll be able to find one at msrp at a good AD but they all usually want a prior relationship.
Bruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 04:44 AM   #9
tac34vt
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT2-DJ2-SubC-SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1988 View Post
I really like the Sea-Dweller Anniversary. Are these really hard to find? Are people paying well over MSRP?

Hard to determine the market/ what's "fair" through Chrono24 and google searches.
I got mine (last week) in under 60 days from an AD with which I had no prior relationship, no money down (they don't take deposits).

I started my search by visiting or calling 7 ADs in a 200mi radius of my town. Nobody had one, of course (at least that's what they all told me). Some said they don't do lists, some only took names, some/most would take a deposit of $2000 or 50% of MSRP or 100% of MSRP, with no solid idea of wait time. A couple estimated 3 months, one said a year.

In my initial conversations, one AD in particular seemed a little more personable and interested in trying to connect me with the watch. So, I kept in touch via email or phone every week or two, so they knew I was still serious and eager. A few weeks later it was on my wrist. I think it was a combination of luck, timing, location/size of AD, and determination. And a few ADs that I talked with did say that supply seemed to be slowly picking up again.

For my own reasons, I prefer to buy new from AD. Though I have nothing against any of the trusted sellers, and no experience with them.

You should be able to get a good feel for Grey prices from the classifieds here, WatchPatrol, WatchRecon.

You're in Boston? PM me if you would like some more details on my SD43 experience.
tac34vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 04:59 AM   #10
MCOSUB
"TRF" Member

Watch: A Few
Quote:
Originally Posted by tac34vt View Post
I got mine (last week) in under 60 days from an AD with which I had no prior relationship, no money down (they don't take deposits).

I started my search by visiting or calling 7 ADs in a 200mi radius of my town. Nobody had one, of course (at least that's what they all told me). Some said they don't do lists, some only took names, some/most would take a deposit of $2000 or 50% of MSRP or 100% of MSRP, with no solid idea of wait time. A couple estimated 3 months, one said a year.

In my initial conversations, one AD in particular seemed a little more personable and interested in trying to connect me with the watch. So, I kept in touch via email or phone every week or two, so they knew I was still serious and eager. A few weeks later it was on my wrist. I think it was a combination of luck, timing, location/size of AD, and determination. And a few ADs that I talked with did say that supply seemed to be slowly picking up again.

For my own reasons, I prefer to buy new from AD. Though I have nothing against any of the trusted sellers, and no experience with them.

You should be able to get a good feel for Grey prices from the classifieds here, WatchPatrol, WatchRecon.

You're in Boston? PM me if you would like some more details on my SD43 experience.
Seriuos buyers should never have an issue with putting down a deposit. It pretty standard with luxury items when they are ordered.

As far as ADs that dont take deposits..........no issue with a SD43 as they will sell it to the next passer by if the person that ordered it doesnt buy it.
Rolex Deep Blue Deep Sea Dweller 116660
Oris Great Barrier Reef #845/1000
MCOSUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 05:13 AM   #11
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
I think it is about the same level as the Sub-LV and maybe a bit harder than BLNR.
I say 6 months to a year wait if you don't have prior relationship. But you may get lucky with some smaller AD and get it much faster.

Grey probably charge $1000 to $1500 over sticker on BNIB.
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 05:22 AM   #12
Brownb2110
"TRF" Member

I’ve offered 50-70% deposits to show interest/seriousness in which they said they have too many deposits already.....feels kinda helpless to get one around here anytime in the foreseeable future...for me atleast
Brownb2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 05:46 AM   #13
JW1988
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac34vt View Post

Thanks for the info - PM coming your way.
Old 20 April 2018, 05:48 AM   #14
tac34vt
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT2-DJ2-SubC-SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCOSUB View Post
Seriuos buyers should never have an issue with putting down a deposit. It pretty standard with luxury items when they are ordered.

As far as ADs that dont take deposits..........no issue with a SD43 as they will sell it to the next passer by if the person that ordered it doesnt buy it.

Agreed. I actually asked this AD if I could put a deposit down so that they knew I was serious. He said "No. We just don't do deposits." I still went with them though because he was reassuring and basically said don't worry we're going to get you that watch.
tac34vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 05:59 AM   #15
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

Thing has changed after Rolex restricted the SS sport, it was not an easy watch to find before and even harder to get now. Good luck finding one especially at big town ADs
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 06:30 AM   #16
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Are these really hard to find?
Oui
Quote:
Are people paying well over MSRP?
Ja
Quote:
I'll tell you the SD43 Ref 126600 latest market price trend
✓Hong Kong>>> HK$120000 BNIB
✓Malaysia >>> RM 58000 BNIB
>>> RM 53000 preowned

US $1 ~ HK $7.85 ; US $1 ~ RM 3.91
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 03:57 PM   #17
IAN1
"TRF" Member

Watch: A Rolex of course.
Probably next hardest to get after Daytona.
IAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 04:18 PM   #18
Polarbears
Banned

Watch: 16570
Starting to see them more often.
Polarbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2018, 07:00 PM   #19
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
A friend of mine has been looking for one and put his name down with over a dozen AD's that are within a reasonable driving distance (under 150 miles) and he hasn't heard a peep in a few months. So either the lists are long and supplies short or he's just not VIP enough with any of these AD's for them to float him one.
116710er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2018, 01:22 AM   #20
JW1988
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 116710er View Post
A friend of mine has been looking for one and put his name down with over a dozen AD's that are within a reasonable driving distance (under 150 miles) and he hasn't heard a peep in a few months. So either the lists are long and supplies short or he's just not VIP enough with any of these AD's for them to float him one.

Agreed. These seem harder to source then most think... at least in the northeast.
Old 26 April 2018, 01:34 AM   #21
24 nights
Banned

Watch: 43sd +Daytona's
i'll sell mine
24 nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2018, 01:46 AM   #22
Bobby T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarbears View Post
Starting to see them more often.
What ADs have you seen them at??
Bobby T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2018, 02:15 AM   #23
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN1 View Post
Probably next hardest to get after Daytona.
That is definitely the blue skydweller and maybe even LVc.
Old 26 April 2018, 02:27 AM   #24
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
A couple members have recently acquired one in a matter of weeks. Just walked into the AD at the right time I suppose. Now is a good time to look since they seem to be more plentiful. Go to sever AD's in person if you can and ask. Some may ask for a deposit but will get one for you relatively quickly. I'm on many lists and have never gotten called, which tells me lists are for the most part bunk...
It is all bout the AD. I had been 1st on a list a one dealer and the other in town wanted 1/2 down with no delivery date guarantee.

Then last week after a referral made on my behalf from a huge customer with an AD near my new job I got a call on Monday of this week...I picked it up yesterday. I am really impressed with size as well the comfortable fit and love the red text.
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2018, 03:10 AM   #25
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post
It is all bout the AD. I had been 1st on a list a one dealer and the other in town wanted 1/2 down with no delivery date guarantee.

Then last week after a referral made on my behalf from a huge customer with an AD near my new job I got a call on Monday of this week...I picked it up yesterday. I am really impressed with size as well the comfortable fit and love the red text.
I thought I had a pretty good face-to-face relationship with my AD, was #3 on the list and 8 months later was #3 on the list. They said they had "only had a couple" come through during that time which tells me the number on the list means absolutely nothing. Gave up and purchased from a TS. Still no calls from the several lists nearly 3 months later. My only regret is waiting so long to buy from a gray.

It's a beautiful watch no doubt. The bezel and dial are just amazing but the proportions and bracelet are absolutely perfect. Congrats on picking one up
samson66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2018, 07:16 AM   #26
cbiggs
"TRF" Member

My AD guaranteed it in my hands within 90 days. They stated that if the order was paid in full, Rolex had to fill it. I was obviously wary but stopped by about a week after I was told that and they had one...

I placed an order and have been waiting about a week and a half. Ill update when I take delivery!
cbiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2018, 10:17 AM   #27
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

I think it wont hurt just to visit your local AD and ask (politely) about that. I know of someone who was just new to the AD, wanted to get a Yachtmaster and instead waited for just a week then got the SD43. Good luck
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2018, 12:20 PM   #28
JW1988
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbiggs View Post
My AD guaranteed it in my hands within 90 days. They stated that if the order was paid in full, Rolex had to fill it. I was obviously wary but stopped by about a week after I was told that and they had one...

I placed an order and have been waiting about a week and a half. Ill update when I take delivery!

Thanks! Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 26 April 2018, 12:33 PM   #29
T01
"TRF" Member

I’ve been offered them before, but with a very good relationship. Go to an ad that treats you right and get on the list. You’ll get a watch eventually.
T01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2018, 12:40 PM   #30
bellesdad0417
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 SD43
I got mine in 2 months but I have a relationship with my AD but not with the salesperson. I seem to buy from the first person that wants to help me. I probably should stop that.
bellesdad0417 is offline   Reply With Quote