The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 5 March 2024, 02:58 PM   #1
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
I Got the Calls, Rolex vs AP

Does anyone else see the same trend?

I go to the Rolex Chats here in the Forums and I see lots of "I GOT THE CALLS"

while over here the traffic of I got the calls has quieted down in my own opinion , let me know if I am wrong

I havent messaged my Nomad but I was waiting for Watches and Wonders before pulling the trigger on asking for anything new!

Also any Grey market pieces I am waiting for the SUMMER WATCH CRASH! lol to scoop anything up! I did try to buy the Black Santos the other day in one of the Dealer Chats for $6k and it was gone quick from LB

Cheers
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 03:03 PM   #2
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Yes, it's definitely been quiet in the AP/PP section while it's seems to be heating up in the Rolex section. I don't know why..
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 03:08 PM   #3
watchman124
"TRF" Member

Definitely feels really quiet Reddit forum as well.
watchman124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 03:19 PM   #4
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

More for me as prices drop :-)
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 03:54 PM   #5
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

I suspect there are still quite a few people here who "got the call" from AP but probably have rejected the offer, thus much less such postings compared to the past in this sub forum or even the current Rolex forum.

All along, getting a Rolex allocation is much easier compared to AP due to the obvious output production between the 2 brands. And now, with the luxury market softening, collectors are cautious with spending big money (Rolex is big money too but obviously AP is much bigger in dollars and cents) and most small time flippers are flushed out of the game.

I've heard a few grey dealers commenting, moving steel pieces not exceeding $20K in market price, are still fairly easy. Those in the $30s or more have slowed significantly. Gold pieces are the worst hit.

So probably allocations/availability have eased up for AP but buyers are more prudent. And that's only my guess of the current situation.
Octagon Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 06:04 PM   #6
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Well Rolex does make 20x more watches than AP so it would make sense there are way more "incoming" posts for Rolex
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 07:40 PM   #7
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

I also think Rolex buyers are generally more "got the call" type posters than AP buyers (although obviously overlap in people who buy both)
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2024, 07:56 PM   #8
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
When prices on the secondary market drop as hard as AP did probably a significant group pf buyers will not be interested anymore.
The fomo trigger is gone
Old 5 March 2024, 10:02 PM   #9
taitun4life
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octagon Guy View Post
I suspect there are still quite a few people here who "got the call" from AP but probably have rejected the offer, thus much less such postings compared to the past in this sub forum or even the current Rolex forum.

All along, getting a Rolex allocation is much easier compared to AP due to the obvious output production between the 2 brands. And now, with the luxury market softening, collectors are cautious with spending big money (Rolex is big money too but obviously AP is much bigger in dollars and cents) and most small time flippers are flushed out of the game.

I've heard a few grey dealers commenting, moving steel pieces not exceeding $20K in market price, are still fairly easy. Those in the $30s or more have slowed significantly. Gold pieces are the worst hit.

So probably allocations/availability have eased up for AP but buyers are more prudent. And that's only my guess of the current situation.
Spot on....

Getting and Rejecting calls is now more of a norm. I got two Rolex calls in the past 2wks from same AD. First for a 36mm Explorer which I took off my list 2years ago and more recently for a TT YachtMaster which I have scratched the itch with DD for wify

Reviewed my list to only 126710BLNR & 126500LN so waiting to see how this goes. No calls for Two years and then two calls in 2wks

For AP, buyers are being more frugal now so no stockpiling and hoping for a call to pick your Jumbo. People are wiser and market is crazy messed up right now

Get what you love and wear ‘em…..
taitun4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 01:39 AM   #10
Daisy502
"TRF" Member

A friend who's more a watch aficionado than me told me that the hype is easing so it's getting easier to access watches now. I've never had an AP but visited AP House HK as keen on a code. Less than a week later, I got confirmation my Code will arrive in the next 2-3 weeks. RO Rose Gold with diamonds is likely going to be my choice for second piece so I am also interested to see how long that'll take...

Meanwhile I've been offered 2 Rolexes in the last 3 weeks too which I passed up on as isn't exactly what I want.
Daisy502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 06:07 AM   #11
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

tbh after getting the chrono and 41mm royal oaks .. whats next ?

Jumbo .. cant be allocated
Offshores to big for my wrist
code 11 :59 starwheel very much hard to get
open works impossible.

so majority are happy with what they got and exploring other options now .

I have moved on to patek and got 2 pcs so far which im very happy with
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 04:47 PM   #12
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by salnuaimi View Post
tbh after getting the chrono and 41mm royal oaks .. whats next ?

Jumbo .. cant be allocated
Offshores to big for my wrist
code 11 :59 starwheel very much hard to get
open works impossible.

so majority are happy with what they got and exploring other options now .

I have moved on to patek and got 2 pcs so far which im very happy with
Sir the Watch in your profile Pic I have to know what it is! Stunning Red Dial!

As for the Starwheel its amazing and yes that and the Open Works are top of every ones list! for sure the Openwork is top of my list for sure and a Gold RO

Quote:
Originally Posted by taitun4life View Post
Spot on....

Getting and Rejecting calls is now more of a norm. I got two Rolex calls in the past 2wks from same AD. First for a 36mm Explorer which I took off my list 2years ago and more recently for a TT YachtMaster which I have scratched the itch with DD for wify

Reviewed my list to only 126710BLNR & 126500LN so waiting to see how this goes. No calls for Two years and then two calls in 2wks

For AP, buyers are being more frugal now so no stockpiling and hoping for a call to pick your Jumbo. People are wiser and market is crazy messed up right now
Yes I agree with limiting the Pics from Rolex as many have dropped to Retail or below retail Grey!

People are for sure putting the breaks on many pieces as they are getting pieces dumped on them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy502 View Post
A friend who's more a watch aficionado than me told me that the hype is easing so it's getting easier to access watches now. I've never had an AP but visited AP House HK as keen on a code. Less than a week later, I got confirmation my Code will arrive in the next 2-3 weeks. RO Rose Gold with diamonds is likely going to be my choice for second piece so I am also interested to see how long that'll take...

Meanwhile I've been offered 2 Rolexes in the last 3 weeks too which I passed up on as isn't exactly what I want.
Congrats on the Code and The RO rose Gold with diamonds i cant wait to see it!!

Is the market slowing down in HK? I just watched a video on a ROLEX AD in China and they had SS Sports Models for sale in stock and not just Meh ones they had some bangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
Well Rolex does make 20x more watches than AP so it would make sense there are way more "incoming" posts for Rolex
FACTS at a much lower entry point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octagon Guy View Post

Yeah The AP buyers for sure its harder to pull the trigger on some of these monsters!

I agree I was thinking that up to $15k was moving and over that to $30-$40k was slow and anything over that is Dead in the Water!

Im excited for Summer time to hit and I can pick up some Zingers for a deal!
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 09:44 PM   #13
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Sir the Watch in your profile Pic I have to know what it is! Stunning Red Dial!

As for the Starwheel its amazing and yes that and the Open Works are top of every ones list! for sure the Openwork is top of my list for sure and a Gold RO

Thank you for noticing .. its a Moser & Cie Venturer limited edition 17 pcs
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2024, 11:29 PM   #14
Daisy502
"TRF" Member

It seems to me that HK is seeing more availability. A Rolex AD had about a few pieces - Datejust, Oyster Perpetual, day date, YG submariner. VC also has 1921 stock.
Daisy502 is offline   Reply With Quote