The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 October 2021, 01:17 AM   #1
c.capt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk Sub
Icon4 USE CAUTION with Dcormsby (Damon)

Hi all, just wanted to caution any future users who are considering dealing with Damon (Dcormsby). At the beginning, Damon’s communication was great; he responded to my PM and texts promptly. We agreed to a trade plus cash from his end on Monday (18 OCT) within an hour of talking, and he agreed to wire the money the next morning (19 OCT).

On the morning of 19 OCT, I texted him pictures of me boxing up of the trade watch I was preparing to ship to him. No response.

That afternoon, I texted him again to check on the status of the wire transfer and to let him know if it cleared within a few hours, I could still ship out the watch the same day. No response.

In the evening, after 24 hours of radio silence, I texted him again asking for a status update. No response.

This morning I texted him again, assuming from his silence that he had backed out of the deal. No response.

I can see from his user activity that he had time to log in to TRF yesterday and today but apparently couldn’t be bothered to respond to my texts. To be clear, I did not lose any money or a watch, but this kind of behavior is unacceptable, especially from someone with a long history on the forums, and many positive references. It is absolutely disrespectful to waste someone’s time like this and not even have the courtesy to reply to a text.

I will update this post with new developments, if any. I’m the meantime, please use caution.
c.capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2021, 09:10 PM   #2
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.capt View Post
Hi all, just wanted to caution any future users who are considering dealing with Damon (Dcormsby). At the beginning, Damon’s communication was great; he responded to my PM and texts promptly. We agreed to a trade plus cash from his end on Monday (18 OCT) within an hour of talking, and he agreed to wire the money the next morning (19 OCT).

On the morning of 19 OCT, I texted him pictures of me boxing up of the trade watch I was preparing to ship to him. No response.

That afternoon, I texted him again to check on the status of the wire transfer and to let him know if it cleared within a few hours, I could still ship out the watch the same day. No response.

In the evening, after 24 hours of radio silence, I texted him again asking for a status update. No response.

This morning I texted him again, assuming from his silence that he had backed out of the deal. No response.

I can see from his user activity that he had time to log in to TRF yesterday and today but apparently couldn’t be bothered to respond to my texts. To be clear, I did not lose any money or a watch, but this kind of behavior is unacceptable, especially from someone with a long history on the forums, and many positive references. It is absolutely disrespectful to waste someone’s time like this and not even have the courtesy to reply to a text.

I will update this post with new developments, if any. I’m the meantime, please use caution.
If this is the case, I agree absolutely disrespectful. I see and have been a part of this more and more. Not having the courtesy of saying, "I'm sorry I've changed my mind", or just completely ignoring someone after a back and forth is not cool. Sometimes after being called out, they will respond by saying they didn't get the PM, which is another lie. When you log back on you are prompted that you have a message, so for me that doesn't fly either. Again, we've only heard one side of this story, but I have seen this disrespectful behavior more and more lately.
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2021, 10:53 PM   #3
Recaro18
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16520
I agree! I have dealt with him at least 2 to 3 times. He commits and ghosts! Totally waste of time!!

~Connecting people through my passion, one timepiece at a time~
Recaro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2021, 10:19 AM   #4
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Any updates on this? He's had a warning about messing around with sellers before.
Old 22 October 2021, 02:13 PM   #5
c.capt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Any updates on this? He's had a warning about messing around with sellers before.
No updates, unfortunately. No responses to my text messages. I’ve given up on contacting him any further. I can PM screenshots of our full conversation for absolute transparency. He has had time now to log in and bump all of his watch sales posts including the one we agreed on the partial trade for.
Old 23 October 2021, 09:19 AM   #6
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.capt View Post
No updates, unfortunately. No responses to my text messages. I’ve given up on contacting him any further. I can PM screenshots of our full conversation for absolute transparency. He has had time now to log in and bump all of his watch sales posts including the one we agreed on the partial trade for.
I've asked him to respond here.
Old 23 October 2021, 10:43 PM   #7
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
I've asked him to respond here.
I read this post last night, looked him up and he was online, and chose not to respond....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2021, 03:55 AM   #8
Dcormsby
Banned

Watch: Seadweller 50th
I'm sorry sir, did we not have a successful transaction in the past? Or am I mistaken? Pot stirring isn't appreciated. Thanks. Just happened to see this post, and happy to respond. Or you can also call me if you have any additional questions. You have my number.
Dcormsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2021, 04:00 AM   #9
Dcormsby
Banned

Watch: Seadweller 50th
I am happy to respond to you.

First of all C.Capt, my apologies. We had a great deal set up, and I did flake. Wasn't my intention, but you would agree, no funds were exchanged, or watches shipped, am I wrong?

First of all, I am a little perplexed why a post like that is allowed on the "WatchOut" forum. What exactly have I done other than change my mind ? Since when is that a crime, or worth posting about? I have not once scammed someone when doing a watch trade, in fact, I have never had a negative experience buying and selling watches in my time doing so, with the exception of my wiring money for a Rolex submariner I never received. I have a stellar reputation with my references and I'm sure if any of them has any time to review this post, which I'm just reviewing, wouldn't happily defend me.

I have been buying, selling, and trading watches for a hobby for over 20 years (since I was 15). I rarely make money. I buy a watch, enjoy for a few months, and list for sale/trade. As you can see from my postings, I have listed hundreds like this over the years.

Am I guilty of bowing out in the bottom of the 9th on several deals, yes. For that I apologize. I never meant to upset anyone. Being in watch trading, I have people do this all the time, but I don't find it necessary for me to blast them on a "WatchOut" forum. Until the money is actually sent, people can change their mind, and that has always been my rationale. I find it a little ridiculous I'm having to respond to something like this.

I honestly wish the people posting on the thread would have called me on my cell phone to talk to my as an adult (213-300-6666, on every single watch I list) to discuss any displeasure they had. I'm also available to meet in person in the Los Angeles area, as I have done many times to buy and trade watches.

If The Rolex Forum is indeed a posting forum where anyone can blast someone, simply because they change their minds, please delete my account immediately, or forward my info to the moderator who can.

Respectfully submitted,
Damon

Happy to talk or text.
Dcormsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2021, 04:26 AM   #10
c.capt
"TRF" Member

Damon, ghosting someone on a $10,000+ watch deal after saying, and I quote, “Done deal! Let’s get it done tomorrow” and then never responding again is disrespectful and I take that into consideration as part of your reputation/references when dealing with ANY forum members. I never said you scammed me, my post was intended to be a warning to other users, like myself, who would prefer to deal with individuals who have open and honest communication and don’t flake on deals without notifying the other party.

As I CLEARLY stated in my OP, I did not lose any money or a watch, only wasted my time and turned away 2 other potential deals because I took you at your word that we had a deal.

You want to blast me for not calling you on the phone and “talking to you like an adult”? How about the fact that you could’ve taken 5 seconds and responded to any one of my multiple texts “like an adult” and told me you had changed your mind “like an adult”. If you would’ve done that, this wouldn’t even have been an issue and this thread wouldn’t even exist.