The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 2 May 2018, 07:43 AM   #91
Andrejb
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.O.L.E.X View Post
In life, there are values you should follow which go above and beyond what is legal or required of you.

Guess you just skimmed over the part of my charitable donation with the profits mention eh? Cool. Good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andrejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 07:45 AM   #92
Chunky
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Red, 116710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrejb View Post
I honestly can tell you and everyone following this thread whole heartedly, that I did not buy this watch with the intention to flip. And that’s all I can really say. So I guess judge me, and think what you want

I told myself I would not comment but eh, here's my 2 cents. You did extremely well on this and I believe you did not mean to take advantage of the person selling the piece. Your excitement was overwhelming and you disclosed the amount you paid. I guess that was your mistake. In the end you know what is right and what is wrong. Cheers
Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 07:47 AM   #93
Andrejb
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky View Post
I told myself I would not comment but eh, here's my 2 cents. You did extremely well on this and I believe you did not mean to take advantage of the person selling the piece. Your excitement was overwhelming and you disclosed the amount you paid. I guess that was your mistake. In the end you know what is right and what is wrong. Cheers

Definitely posted out of excitement. After speaking to some very well known collectors in my area, and understanding it’s true value, I decided that this is not a watch for me. It belongs to the true collector that offered to purchase it.

Thank you for seeing that.

Old 2 May 2018, 07:49 AM   #94
R.O.L.E.X
"TRF" Member

I was not intending to have an argument with you about this.

Ultimately the idea of 'no harm, no foul' stands true. Some of us like to go a bit further than that but at the end of the day, that was your choice. You shouldn't be angered by my or other's opinions.
R.O.L.E.X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 07:54 AM   #95
Andrejb
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.O.L.E.X View Post
I was not intending to have an argument with you about this.

Ultimately the idea of 'no harm, no foul' stands true. Some of us like to go a bit further than that but at the end of the day, that was your choice. You shouldn't be angered by my or other's opinions.

I don’t know to many people that would just sit by while others publicly bash their ethics. It is what it is. Enjoy your day

Old 2 May 2018, 08:08 AM   #96
lmcgbaj
"TRF" Member

Watch: es are FUN!!!
What a disaster this thread turn out to be. I can’t believe there are buyers at 29k for that watch. Crazy times.

Unsubscribed.

Old 2 May 2018, 08:09 AM   #97
Andrejb
2024 Pledge Member

Incoming! My best / luckiest purchase ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcgbaj View Post
What a disaster this thread turn out to be. I can’t believe there are buyers at 29k for that watch. Crazy times.

Unsubscribed.

For the record it did not sell for 29k. Another assumption made by the great one over there. 20US is what I was offered for the watch

Old 2 May 2018, 08:15 AM   #98
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
I read every single post in this thread and have this to say - nice watch!!!! I would have loved to have owned this piece.
Old 2 May 2018, 08:34 AM   #99
JimSnyder
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ask me later.....
As long as both parties were happy, that's all that matters. Several years ago I bought a blue Tudor 79090 for $1,100.00 off EBay. I offered the person $2,500.00 but he said he only paid $500.00 for it new in 1990 and if he doubled his money he was happy.
Old 2 May 2018, 08:46 AM   #100
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Assuming the seller is an adult of sound mind, it is his responsibility to research what the watch is worth. It is not a potential buyers responsibility to educate the seller.
jb335 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 12:44 PM   #101
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
So, let me get this straight .... If I happen to find a Picasso at a yard sale and the seller wants $100 because he doesn’t realize, I need to offer $1 million instead? Utter nonsense.

I don’t think the OP did anything wrong, and he probably did more to try to be fair than a lot of us would. Whatever happened to trying to get the best deal possible? It’s not personal. It’s business.

And what a sick watch it is. That patina!
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 12:49 PM   #102
Andrejb
2024 Pledge Member

Incoming! My best / luckiest purchase ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
So, let me get this straight .... If I happen to find a Picasso at a yard sale and the seller wants $100 because he doesn’t realize, I need to offer $1 million instead? Utter nonsense.

I don’t think the OP did anything wrong, and he probably did more to try to be fair than a lot of us would. Whatever happened to trying to get the best deal possible? It’s not personal. It’s business.

And what a sick watch it is. That patina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
Assuming the seller is an adult of sound mind, it is his responsibility to research what the watch is worth. It is not a potential buyers responsibility to educate the seller.

Thank u

Old 2 May 2018, 01:13 PM   #103
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
I think people tend to get all high and mighty when they're not the ones in the specific situation. I think most of us on forum aren't out here looking to screw anyone over, and in my opinion, OP did nothing wrong. Who wouldn't be overjoyed about a "barn find" like this? If you found a Rolex at a flea market for a good deal, you wouldn't take it?? It's not like he offered him $500.
Old 3 May 2018, 01:50 AM   #104
FTX I
"TRF" Member

OP, the problem in my modest opinon is the late voracity you've exposed here with so many vintage incoming/deals in a short time, making it sound you're more interested in deals than watches. It upsets many here. But I see you love them so congrats on this beautiful piece. I'd love to find one and I'd behave exacly like you did with this deal. Take care.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2018, 06:11 AM   #105
FTX I
"TRF" Member

One more thing op, I need to say that I think you're very lucky to have someone you trust with access to many great vintage watches like that. This is not ordinary.. I'd say keep these friends close.
Old 3 May 2018, 06:55 AM   #106
Andrejb
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
One more thing op, I need to say that I think you're very lucky to have someone you trust with access to many great vintage watches like that. This is not ordinary.. I'd say keep these friends close.

Thank you sir. I’m definitely taking a break with the vintage scene for a while. As much as I absolutely love these watches, it’s too tedious more of a headache that I’m willing to deal with.

Appreciate everyone’s positive comments regarding my decision.

Old 3 May 2018, 07:00 AM   #107
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrejb View Post
Thank you sir. I’m definitely taking a break with the vintage scene for a while. As much as I absolutely love these watches, it’s too tedious more of a headache that I’m willing to deal with.

Appreciate everyone’s positive comments regarding my decision.

You're winning, why stop?
Old 3 May 2018, 07:04 PM   #108
themaninblack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post

Whatever happened to trying to get the best deal possible? It’s not personal. It’s business.
Whilst I am not making any judgment on the contentious element of this thread, quoting or applying the business “ethics” of organised crime figures, even fictional ones perhaps isn’t really a standard to live by!
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote