The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 18 August 2011, 10:20 PM   #91
Orchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedly1 View Post
orchi , maybe i am not following you correctly but a couple of things as you seem to have a bit of a chip on your shoulder...

2. Jason knows a few people on VRF, but he has never attended a get together or a few beers, or 'passion' as you try to imply in fact he is quite quiet and retiring...the few people he does know ...maybe roger, me , mike wood ...did not comment on the thread. The person who shouted the loudest about it was also IGOR as yesterday

3. Jason got into trouble also with the Forum owner and was kicked off...

You seem to have a real problem with VRF since you made abit of a fool of yourself there ...and hey we all do that from time to time ...so instead of sitting there being bitter...why not hold up your hands ...tell us how you got on in Geneva with your customers watch as YOU promised us you would..then have a laugh about it and try to remember it is just a watch !!!!!
Err Buddy Jed...1st up please read Orchi's 1st posting in here n appreciate what Orchi had said seriously...
When did Orchi said Orchi was merely bitter about VRF in here so far...?

For the record...despite what had transpired n what Orchi had experienced in VRF...
Orchi still has highest regards for VRF n its owner/certain Moderators n many Buddies there...
n Orchi stressed that..."the journey in VRF shall continue..."

2ndly...please do not speculate while you have only 1/2 of infos that Orchi provided regarding Orchi's watches n what Orchi does with it...

The watch of your keen interest to know of its faith...
was NOT sold to anyone...or anything even remotely like that...

When Orchi made a promise...Orchi never backs out of it...
Under the circumstances that you don't know...or even when you do...
but perhaps you may not be wanting to accept it...
which so far Orchi has neither the good nor the bad news to tell anyone...
at this moment...

But when Orchi does...you would be amongst the 1st to know...

Regarding what you said about Jason's complaints or qualms with the Seller in VRF...
you has just said clearly that "may be Roger...me...mike wood..."
did not make any comment on the incident...
but why may Orch asked...you didn't n why would Buddy Roger(Mod) not do so too...at that time?

Could you honestly say the same when the OP here posted his complaints...
n posting in VRF...did you or Buddy Roger(Mod) not made any comments too?

Could it be due to the fact that you or Buddy Roger knew Buddy Jason better...?

IF not so...would you say the same that you don't know Buddy Roger Moore at all...n shouldn't he too be appreciated n treated with same privilege of speaking his minds on that matter...or be given the same benefits of doubts to explain his opinions...

IF so...why was there no censorship or intervention...
while he was being called a "Troll" n his postings were deleted without any explanation given to him at the very least...?

Lastly Orchi didn't say a BIG collector or Seller would enjoy more privilege given by the forum itself...but rather it was probably more from the fans n friends that he would have in the forum...

Common! Maybe Orchi is wrong or you just don't wish to acknowledge that...
Old 18 August 2011, 10:24 PM   #92
jedly1
"TRF" Member

I agree...but michael you ARE accusing someone of something ...you are accusing me of breaking rules 1,2 and 3 you make that very very clear and i wonder why you are having a go at me for breaking the rules yet you sit back and happily allow Orchi to make such a blatant accusation against a fellow member and say nothing .....nor chastise orchi for bringing up another subject from VRF that takes the thread on a whole other tangent......i wonder why i get the highlighted rules section and he doesn't...
Old 18 August 2011, 10:31 PM   #93
mcjp6
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513s
I was not accusing, I was saying that those rules were broken...statement of fact, not accusation.

Nice wording Jedly, not really shooting straight there are we.....I said I would not post here again, but I will say that I have just requested this thread to be closed after reading the last post by Orchi........this is NOT our (TRF) business, take it back to VRF or by PM...
PLEASE......
Old 18 August 2011, 10:35 PM   #94
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Guys, think this thread has run it's course, can we all shake hands and be friends again..and post some vintage watch pictures:)

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
Old 18 August 2011, 10:40 PM   #95
jedly1
"TRF" Member

Regarding what you said about Jason's complaints or qualms with the Seller in VRF...
you has just said clearly that "may be Roger...me...mike wood..."
did not make any comment on the incident...
but why may Orch asked...you didn't n why would Buddy Roger(Mod) not do so too...at that time?

i did not make comments on jasons thread for two reasons...

1. no one directly asked or implied what the moderators role in this was..so there was nothing for me to answer...they did yesterday which is why i got involved.

2. I was in Italy on holiday

Could you honestly say the same when the OP here posted his complaints...
n posting in VRF...did you or Buddy Roger(Mod) not made any comments too?

I did not comment on Roger moores thread on vrf yesterday, neither did roger T to the best of my knowledge. Richard deleted the thread because he feels that any specific problems should be rpeorted and will be dealt with by the moderating team with specific details given so they can be weighed and measured accordingly

Could it be due to the fact that you or Buddy Roger knew Buddy Jason better...?

NO it could not.,..and again i take the implication as an insult....

IF not so...would you say the same that you don't know Buddy Roger Moore at all...n shouldn't he too be appreciated n treated with same privilege of speaking his minds on that matter...or be given the same benefits of doubts to explain his opinions...

Jasons thread was locked and Jason was kicked out and told he was being a troll...same treatment...a level playing field ..wether you agree it is right or wrong...

IF so...why was there no censorship or intervention...
while he was being called a "Troll" n his postings were deleted without any explanation given to him at the very least...?

same as above

Lastly Orchi didn't say a BIG collector or Seller would enjoy more privilege given by the forum itself...but rather it was probably more from the fans n friends that he would have in the forum...

yes you implied and again above...that moderating would be done differently for people I and the others knew as friends..that is an insult to both our integrity and our honesty and fits in with the exact passive aggressive behaviour fred noticed from you earlier in the year

Common! Maybe Orchi is wrong or you just don't wish to acknowledge that...[/QUOTE]

Yes Orchi is wrong.
Old 18 August 2011, 10:41 PM   #96
mcjp6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
this thread has run it's course,
Amen to that......

but I think not.
Old 18 August 2011, 10:56 PM   #97
michel33

Funny how dealers and their budies from VRF defend what is indefensible imho.

1000% with Roger on this.

Just one example that I think would be impossible elsewhere: A important and contributing member of VRF (as well as a friend of the mods too???) tries to sell fake vintage submariner cases. And what's next???? Just a kind and friendly warning.....

http://www.network54.com/Forum/20767...o+not+%28nt%29

Jed, Nikos and others VRF budies, please tell me: If I try to sell fake items on VRF, do you really think I won't be kicked out and definitely banned from the Forum?

And by the way, thank you for the good laugh when you assert that you were considering purchasing the 1675 we are talking about.... very funny....
Old 18 August 2011, 11:04 PM   #98
jedly1
"TRF" Member

if you knowingly do it yes you will...if you are naive and don't know what you are doing that will be pointed out to you and maybe you will be given the benfit of the doubt and as soon as it was seen it was locked and highlighted for the benefit of the memebrship..the therad was allowed to stand to act as a warning and highlight

as for lamone ..i belive he is a contributing member here rather than on VRF and he to the best of my knowledge is no friend of any of the mod team ...another case of 2+2 = 5....

and what exactly do you think is so funny about buying the 1675 ? for anyone who knows anything about values and the subject matter it is a good price, the fact that you think it funny shows that you do not.....

and please point me to where i have disagreed with rogers post ......or defended against what he has said...you can simply cut and paste anywhere that i have said anything negative about it.
Old 18 August 2011, 11:07 PM   #99
mcjp6
"TRF" Member

Now this is a different post......

The bottom case, 1675, serial no 3.3M would appear to be fake, the 6542 case also and probably obtained from Y**I, also the serial number on the papers does not appear on any of the cases.

For what its worth.....
Old 18 August 2011, 11:09 PM   #100
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by michel33 View Post
Jed, Nikos and others VRF budies, please tell me: If I try to sell fake items on VRF, do you really think I won't be kicked out and definitely banned from the Forum?
And by the way, thank you for the good laugh when you assert that you were considering purchasing the 1675 we are talking about.... very funny....
I think anybody selling fakes should be given a warning as maybe they got burned and didnt catch it. Believe me it happens. If a pattern develops he should be banned and termed a fraudster.This is what should be done IMHO

Laugh? I see he sold the watch the next day in a VERY slow vintage market where things are only moving if they are VERY cheap or VERY RARE. http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...highlight=1675
As for the 1675 I have paid more for worse and less for better. And yes I was thinking of buying it as I have more than a few PCG 1675 and am always looking for more. I dont see any for 3700 euro do you? If so kindly forward them to me. I had no problem with that watch at all I am a big boy and know what I am getting into and know the market well.

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
Old 18 August 2011, 11:12 PM   #101
michel33

Quote:
if you knowingly do it yes you will...if you are naive and don't know what you are doing that will be pointed out to you and maybe you will be given the benfit of the doubt

That is the point: Seems it was not the first time, and that this budy is not a naďve person...... and he was already warned not to sell fake items before. No good faith here, just indulgence to say the least......
Old 18 August 2011, 11:23 PM   #102
jedly1
"TRF" Member

you are looking for shadows in the dark that do not exist ....lamone is not a 'buddy' of anyone on the vrf moderating team, nor has he been afforded any special treatment ...to the best of my knowledge he is not a commercial dealer , and most of what i know about him is as a member of good standing here on this forum and if i did want to know his standing here is where i would come to look.

http://www.rolexforums.com/member.php?u=7343

we generally give people the benefit of the doubt because generally most people , like the guy with the gmt yesterday, act without malice....

so you are also incorrect in your insinuation ...and i still wait for you to cut and paste the section where i defended against a point roger made....
Old 18 August 2011, 11:31 PM   #103
mcjp6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
you are looking for shadows in the dark that do not exist ....lamone is not a 'buddy' of anyone on the vrf moderating team, nor has he been afforded any special treatment ...to the best of my knowledge he is not a commercial dealer , and most of what i know about him is as a member of good standing here on this forum and if i did want to know his standing here is where i would come to look.

http://www.rolexforums.com/member.php?u=7343

we generally give people the benefit of the doubt because generally most people , like the guy with the gmt yesterday, act without malice....

so you are also incorrect in your insinuation ...and i still wait for you to cut and paste the section where i defended against a point roger made....
Lets bring this to a head....

I don't think that your possibly "smart or sarcastic" comments are fooling anyone.

Can you please let us know when you will change the topic away from VRF and back on topic??
Old 18 August 2011, 11:32 PM   #104
mcjp6
"TRF" Member

duplicate..
Old 18 August 2011, 11:38 PM   #105
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
Greekbum, i just read your post. you are a pro and you clearly understand the value of the parts that comprise that 1675. however, there are a significant group of people that are members of these boards that have no idea what they are buying. we need exactly these newbies to perpetuate interest in our hobby. otherwise, it will collapse. heavily reworked watches with incorrect dials and hands, should be accurately described as such.

otherwise its like selling a ferrari with a 426 hemihead, and saying it runs great... and parting it out should recover 100% of the investment. harry
Old 18 August 2011, 11:39 PM   #106
jedly1
"TRF" Member

what is your problem ???...was it me who raised a whole other topic of fake cases or made another set of insinuations ...no it wasnt , i merely responded ...so why are you having a pop at me and blaming me for the subject matter ? ( which you egged on by responding to

and there are no smart or sarcastic answers just honest ones ...someone states something clearly that i am defending against the indefensible with regards to Rogers post ....but they cant actually show that because if they bothered reading the thread they'd realise i hadn't actually done that anywhere.

what isn't fooling anybody is that you waded into defend your 'buddy' and after having a go at me for defending myslef want to shut the topic down....
Old 18 August 2011, 11:41 PM   #107
Nicko
Banned

Fantastically put Roger. I have had similar experiences over there. It seems that if you don't own a half mil worth of watches and participate in the yearly "Passion" meeting then you are not worth much in their eyes. Good on you, I think this should be cut and posted by every member here.
Old 18 August 2011, 11:41 PM   #108
bb3188
"TRF" Member

GUyss................... ok, a bit of time out..............it's going to be f...ing akward when we call catch up at the next big MElb/SYD GTG ...... and we know we will !!!!

Tomorrow is friday,..... life is too short........I think we talked about this enough.......feek it , lets move on...........;)
Old 18 August 2011, 11:44 PM   #109
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Enough for me...

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Old 19 August 2011, 12:04 AM   #110
Lol-x
Facilitator

I was afraid this was going to happen...

Why can't we just relax and get along...

It's all good just enjoy the ride.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Closed Thread