The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 4 March 2018, 07:00 AM   #61
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmz View Post
aren't 15202s also much easier to get from ADs (in the US at least) than 5711s? my thinking was one could go to an AP boutique, put in a deposit and get one eventually (i.e. a wait but not a fake/non-existant amount of time like a 116500ln or a 5711). am i just completely behind on this?
Last I checked the US boutiques were not taking any more deposits and the ADs just are not getting them.
Old 4 March 2018, 10:10 PM   #62
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthehill View Post
Except that such policies support tourism and there are benefits derived to the economy from that.
i guess i am saying a more tailored approach. For example some AD's dont give 0% financing on certain models because they don't have to. They will sell the watch without it where as other models even at the same price you can get 0%.

If VAT refund policies were tailored to items by excluding items that dont need to be refunded then it doesn't affect tourism.

A 5711 is going to sell regardless to a tourist or a local. That 5711 sale can either be taxed or un-taxed. I think the government is leaving money on the table and locals are getting hurt with un fair competition.

You can still get a refund on your LV handbag as those sit on shelves and sometimes need a boost in sales to support the local economy, but not on a 5711. For example.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2018, 01:32 AM   #63
TopherMins
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM
An AD that I deal with is losing the AP brand (as has been discussed on this forum before) so I walked in and they had a rose gold Jumbo. I paid $41k for the watch brand new. It is truly mind boggling that someone would pay $12k less for the steel model but I guess that's what makes a market.
TopherMins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2018, 01:59 AM   #64
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
No reason for them not to, IMO each brand, well the few top ones, will have 2-3 impossible/very hard to get models, RM 011, 035 and 055, PP 5711-12, 5167, AP 15202, 15407, it's quite good business on the part of the companies, if all want the hard to get pieces they'll have to invest a lot in the brand before getting the piece they want.
A friend of mine yesterday went to Rolex Bangkok, he wanted to know about the Daytona C or Batman, before getting a chance at the Daytona he had to buy 40K euros of watches, and for the Batman he had to pay 1500 euros more than retail
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2018, 05:10 AM   #65
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopherMins View Post
An AD that I deal with is losing the AP brand (as has been discussed on this forum before) so I walked in and they had a rose gold Jumbo. I paid $41k for the watch brand new. It is truly mind boggling that someone would pay $12k less for the steel model but I guess that's what makes a market.
Congrats! Cellini? I bought my first AP off cellini on madison a few years back.
Old 5 March 2018, 08:10 PM   #66
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Check out Chrono24, many SS 5711 are at the same prices as their RG counterpart
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2018, 10:28 AM   #67
masyv6
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
My thoughts as well. I'd much rather have the PM Jumbo than the SS Jumbo, especially if they are going to cost me the same
masyv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2018, 11:42 PM   #68
lusfort
"TRF" Member

I received a phone call last week from the local Boutique saying that there was a 15202 SS in stock for me. Picked it up the next day with Zero Discount. Sales Rep was nice enough to throw in a small travel box and a small watch mat.

Had put my name down at the AP boutique about 3 months ago with 1 follow up email a couple weeks later. Thought it was a lost cause until the phone call.

From conversations with the sales rep. He said that whenever a piece comes into the store, his bosses mandates that he goes out to customers by the end of the week.

Also a combination with stock market volatility + out of country buyer who can't pick the watch up in time had led to them giving the customer with zero prior relationship a look on the watch.

Would be a keeper for me now but if people are paying >30 for this. Then i might have second thoughts!
lusfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 08:10 AM   #69
ufboy73
Banned

What is the current retail price of the 15202?
ufboy73 is offline   Reply With Quote