The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 12 March 2018, 04:06 AM   #31
gsg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Then don’t play it! It’s very simple.
The 15202 is just another (overpriced) commodity, if you never own one (or not for at least another 5 years), then so what?
Enjoy all those other watches you claim to love, and leave this marketing bollocks/nonsense for others to fret over.

You’re concerned about a $30K+ wrist bauble, whilst thousands struggle to figure out how to keep their heads above water...time for some perspective!

My attitude is simply WGAF what AP/PP/Rolex does — they are not the sole suppliers to the watch market.
That's right! some words of wisdom here. It really should be that simple. Less is more, enjoy what you have. Screw AP and all its marketing gimmicks. However, somehow, I always come back to chasing these shiny things, material possessions. There is always that last one to be had. But that's a whole different debate I guess...
gsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 04:20 AM   #32
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthehill View Post
In my eyes, whilst still an excellent watch manufacture, Patek Philippe is not the company it was even in the recent past and the ubiquitous nature of the brand devalues it somewhat. We will see, but I generally do not think Patek Philippe is headed in the right direction, whilst I feel that Audemars Piguet's forward strategy is more sound.
you are not wrong, but who are Patek's brand ambassadors? I dont know any, not saying they dont have any but they are very low key if they do.

AP is all over social media, instagram, facebook etc. Selling watches online this year also. LeBron rolled out the anniversary offshores. Im not saying its bad or wrong, but Patek isnt doing these things to get themselves in pop culture, it's something that happened to them. AP is seeking it out. Very different.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2018, 05:27 AM   #33
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthehill View Post
In my eyes, whilst still an excellent watch manufacture, Patek Philippe is not the company it was even in the recent past and the ubiquitous nature of the brand devalues it somewhat. We will see, but I generally do not think Patek Philippe is headed in the right direction, whilst I feel that Audemars Piguet's forward strategy is more sound.
We will just have to agree to disagree here pretty much across the board.
Old 12 March 2018, 06:03 AM   #34
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
As a WIS I agree the 15202 should be worth more!

The truth is and always will be one says PATEK on the dial and the other does not! End of story.
15202 is worth at least 50K. 33K is a bargain!
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote