The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 August 2020, 12:30 AM   #1
vivicorsi
Banned

Why do all this threads get closed?

I have been on this forum for a bit now.

I do have different forums - different hobbies.
Never have I come across a forum , where so many threads are beeing closed.

Now there is a thread I find interesting - bam , closed because it is speculation
( a big part of our hobby is)
Another thread- politically not correct - closed

I do find this kind of censorship and moderation to personal taste very disturbing.

Kind regards
vivicorsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2020, 12:33 AM   #2
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Threads that turn nasty, political or are made for trolling purposes should be closed

But I do think the closing of threads that are just a bit of harmless speculation for fun is a bit extreme

I don’t run the forum though
Marcjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2020, 12:34 AM   #3
cari66ean
"TRF" Member

bam - closed

cari66ean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2020, 12:36 AM   #4
m0butt
"TRF" Member

Yeah, it’s a bit unreasonable here for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
m0butt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2020, 12:37 AM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivicorsi View Post
I have been on this forum for a bit now.

I do have different forums - different hobbies.
Never have I come across a forum , where so many threads are beeing closed.

Now there is a thread I find interesting - bam , closed because it is speculation
( a big part of our hobby is)
Another thread- politically not correct - closed

I do find this kind of censorship and moderation to personal taste very disturbing.

Kind regards
If you do not like any kind of censorship or moderation thats not to your personal choice, you have two options do not post on forum or obey forum rules its that simple.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2020, 12:37 AM   #6
drrd
"TRF" Member

Isn't it all listed in the 'TRF rules' sticky at the top of the front page?

Thread topics that are in the wrong place get moved and posts that break the rules get the thread closed.
drrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2020, 12:50 AM   #7
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Yeah, there are lots of threads that are closed. And for good reason.

1) exhausting topics
2) speculative in nature (pricing and future models)
3) political
4) *ahem* 2nd amendment
5) general dumbness

It's best we steer clear of these and engage in discussions that are in the spirit of the forum. Otherwise, we run the risk of turning off a lot of members by allowing 'such nonsense' to perpetuate.

Just my $.02
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2020, 01:11 AM   #8
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
If you do not like any kind of censorship or moderation thats not to your personal choice, you have two options do not post on forum or obey forum rules its that simple.
A thread should resolve from its own momentum , unless it is vulgar.
I find it quite disturbing the way you deal with criticism.

Speculation is part of the fun and a big part of our enthusiasm. It is not for you to choose our liking.

Kind regards
vivicorsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2020, 02:27 AM   #9
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:

Speculation is part of the fun and a big part of our enthusiasm. It is not for you to choose our liking.
On a private forum that requires a membership to participate, it is absolutely up to the moderators and owners to set and enforce the rules.

Plenty of places on the net to discuss never ending rumour and speculation
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2020, 02:53 AM   #10
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
A thread should resolve from its own momentum , unless it is vulgar.

Kind regards
There are already around 8 speculation type threads already running in the Rolex watch forum.Now if you want only to read rumour speculation type threads might I suggest to visit one of the many so called social media sites where there will be hundreds of them to read.And its not for you to tell any moderator what they can or cannot do,and a very strong suggestion if I was you,do not argue with any moderator,as you will lose the argument every time. And it will be the last time you ever-lose on forum as it will be your last post on TRF hope this is clear for you to fully understand.Have a good day.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2020, 08:57 AM   #11
CaptT
2024 Pledge Member

While we're all familiar with the rules, I thought it might be helpful to add them here for other users/members. Parts in bold stood out to me. While there isn't any mention of "speculation" per se (and as many have suggested theorizing what a watch manufacturer could or might do is a welcomed break from some of the other more mundane or repetitive topics), it has become quite controversial and it would seem that it is a topic to which one should be sensitive or avoid altogether. Cheers.

******* TRF RULES ******** Read Before You Post

As you all know, TRF prides itself in being amongst the friendliest boards on the internet.

With the huge membership (and many more members joining each day), we feel that it's necessary to set ground rules. We are aware that the majority of members are self policing but nonetheless the rules apply to all members, old and new.

Please note that for the well being of the forums the rules will be rigorously administered. Multiple, identical/similar threads on different boards may be removed or merged.

1. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS OR INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE (and WE MEAN IT). We love to joke around here but, the joking stops as soon as someone stops laughing. You must take the view that we are a worldwide forum and that an attitude of sensitivity and respect should be the order of the day.

2. RESPECT THE OPINION AND CHOICES OF OTHERS. Example: If someone puts their Sea Dweller on a Pink and baby blue nato strap, that's their business. Think first .... click the back button on your browser and avoid posting a comment that will insult others and earn yourself infraction points.

3. THIS IS TRF AND NOT <INSERT OTHER FORUM NAME HERE>. Don't bother bringing in disputes that start elsewhere into TRF. Mods will just delete those threads and issue points.

4.FORUM IS NOT TO BE USED FOR :

(i) LINKS TO REPLICA, PERSONAL OR COMMERCIAL ENTERPRISE WEBSITES or BLOGS, UNLESS WITH FULL PRIOR ADMIN PERMISSION,USING TRF FOR GROUP BUYS IS PROHIBITED,AND ANY FORM OF SELLING WHATSOEVER UNLESS WITH FULL ADMIN PERMISSION AND IN FOR-SALE FORUM ONLY..

(ii) THE OFFERING OF (OR INFERENCE TO) ANY WATCH OR ARTICLE FOR SALE IN ANY POST, SIGNATURE OR OTHERWISE OUTSIDE THE FOR SALE OR TRADE SECTION. ADMIN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMMEDIATELY REMOVE SUCH OFFERINGS AND WILL ISSUE A WARNING ACCOMPANIED BY INFRACTION POINTS.

(iii) TRF IS NOT A SHOPPING SERVICE SO PLEASE DO NOT ASK WHERE OR WHO YOU CAN BUY SUCH AND SUCH A WATCH FROM, WHICH AD OR PERSON TO SHOP AT, OR THAT YOU WANT SOMEBODY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU FOR YOUR DESIRES. IF YOU WANT TO BUY OR ARE LOOKING FOR A PARTICULAR WATCH OR ACCESSORY USE THE "WANTED TO BUY" BOARD ONCE YOU HAVE MET THE FORUM REQUIREMENTS.

(iv) THIS IS A ROLEX WATCH DISCUSSION FORUM AND NOT A PRICE OR INVESTMENT OR DISCOUNT DISCUSSION FORUM SO IF YOU HAVE A QUERY REGARDING PRICES, INVESTMENTS OR DISCOUNTS THEN MAKE YOUR OWN PERSONAL ENQUIRIES AND INVESTIGATIONS AND DO NOT POST THOSE ISSUES HERE.

5. THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR THE DISCUSSION OF FAKE WATCHES, BRACELETS ETC, and your opinion are about FAKE WATCHES and who makes them, sells them, buys them and wears them is NOT welcome.

6.CONTROVERSIAL TOPICS OR POSTS such as those relating to politics,drugs, race, culture, religion, sexual orientation, objectification or discrimination, violence (toward persons or animals) will be subject to the final and absolute discretion of the Moderators to be immediately locked and/or removed without notice to any member. No gun, knife, weapon threads or pictures of such since we are a worldwide forum and many members are not comfortable with this type of material. Infraction points and a possible lifelong ban will inevitably accompany such pictures, posts, or threads.

7. Knowing that a scammer is a banned or current member, and not reporting it to Admin, is an offence that carries a mandatory TRF suspension and may result in an permanent ban.

8. Warning do not post any possible copyright infringements like Rolex T-Shirts etc unless they are officially authorized by Rolex. Any posts that's deemed a possible copyright infringement will be removed by any MOD or Admin..

9.MODERATORS and ADMINISTRATOR DECISIONS ARE FINAL.

10. Only one user active account is allowed on forum at any one time, any member registering and knowingly using two accounts could face a instant ban.

11. Click on the red triangle icon to report suspicious & scam activity as well as rules violations. It’s fine to start a thread on these reports but first and foremost report by clicking on the red triangle. This icon is also present in private messages to report suspicious activity and or rules violations within a private message. This report is automatically sent to all moderators.
CaptT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2020, 07:07 AM   #12
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
One thing that bugs me is that on occasion I want or need to go view the RULES to see if something is OK to talk about, and I have a rough time finding the RULES area. (Especially as I so seldom need to access it, so I 'forget' where to look.)

It is way down at the bottom of the page in the 'Posting Rules' box.

I believe that this box is practically invisible to folks, especially the newbies.

Perhaps there would be fewer (maybe?) problems if "FORUM RULES" was much more prominently displayed at the home page.

Just my observation, for whatever it is worth.

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2020, 08:11 AM   #13
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 214270Explorer View Post
One thing that bugs me is that on occasion I want or need to go view the RULES to see if something is OK to talk about, and I have a rough time finding the RULES area. (Especially as I so seldom need to access it, so I 'forget' where to look.)

It is way down at the bottom of the page in the 'Posting Rules' box.

I believe that this box is practically invisible to folks, especially the newbies.

Perhaps there would be fewer (maybe?) problems if "FORUM RULES" was much more prominently displayed at the home page.

Just my observation, for whatever it is worth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rules 1.jpg (178.4 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg rules 2.jpg (200.9 KB, 73 views)
Old 28 August 2020, 09:19 AM   #14
Rebel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Sub 75090
Just play by the rules.