The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > New Members

Old 19 August 2010, 02:22 AM   #1
689maple

Watch: 116718 PP & B Bay
Glad I found you

I am new to the forum but have owned a Rolex since 1982 when I bought my first "Date". I still remember well paying $780 for the watch though a classmate's Dad's shop and still have the box and papers but the watch was stolen. Oh well. I have one Rolex a relative brought back in November 1945 from WWII and I have been unable to obtain any information about it per se. Its a small watch, plain bezel with the second hand set center lower with its own face. Great watch and keeps perfect time. Any help on where to look up what is actually is would be appreciated. I don't know the numbers on my watches but for the Milgauss which is a 116400V starting with a "V" serial number. I have a stainless datejust, I have a two tone datejust and a day date with tiger eye dial. The two watches I wear the most are the Milgauss and a two tone GMT II C mainly due to the size of the face. Easier to see these two at 50 than it was the little "Date" at 22. I also have two bubblebacks and would apprecaite info on where to identify them. I am still on a quest to find a nice sub in stainless at the right price. Any help on where to look in identifying the old Rolex watches would be most appreciated.
689maple is offline   Reply With Quote