The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 30 July 2007, 02:39 AM   #31
T_T

Watch: Rolex4ever
i think tag CAF2010.BA0815 is better than omega

because this tag look very sport!
T_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2007, 09:52 PM   #32
timebroker
"TRF" Member

You sure like black watches
timebroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2007, 09:37 AM   #33
ADISMO
Banned

Watch: Seadweller
you sure like diving watches.

congrats on going w Omega. besides carerra and monaco, TAG is a marketing frenzy. i'd only buy one if they can get Butrous Butrous Butrous Butrous Gali to wear one.
ADISMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2007, 10:22 AM   #34
Rubenonfire
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Good call on the Omega! They have a lot of really attractive models, and you certainly chose one of them!
The only Tag I really like is the Monaco, but I've never cared for the strap and the bracelet that comes with it has never impressed me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADISMO View Post
...i'd only buy one if they can get Butrous Butrous Butrous Butrous Gali to wear one.
Love the Ali G reference...
Old 1 August 2007, 03:23 PM   #35
veilstylez
"TRF" Member

how about the Tag Heuer 6000. What do you guys think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tag 6000.jpg (32.3 KB, 132 views)

Last edited by veilstylez; 2 August 2007 at 04:57 AM..
veilstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2007, 05:36 PM   #36
Lubrifar
Banned

Watch: for the signs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaz1023 View Post
here are the pics of my new Omega, sub no date, sub date, citizen chronograph and citizen calibre 8700
Hi Diaz1023, congrats!

I'm also considering purchasing the 2254.50 from alanfurman.com, can you share your experience with them? Was it a legit transaction with serial number, papers, box, etc? Thanks in advance.
Lubrifar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2007, 09:36 PM   #37
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Diaz,
Great addition to the collection. If I had to choose a brand it would be Omega. If I had to choose just one watch it would be the Tag Monaco.
dP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MonacoWristshot.jpg (143.9 KB, 122 views)
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2007, 04:33 PM   #38
diaz1023
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubrifar View Post
Hi Diaz1023, congrats!

I'm also considering purchasing the 2254.50 from alanfurman.com, can you share your experience with them? Was it a legit transaction with serial number, papers, box, etc? Thanks in advance.
it was great, i sent them emails with questions about the watch, such as new, papers and so on, responded either the same day or next with the answers. When I received the watch, it was in an omega box, with papers, the serial number on the credit card type paper matched the watch , the book was there, i will try to post pictures of the watch, box and papers by Friday. The salesman was very friendly, verified on hand of watch over the phone and took the order. Received two emails about 10 minutes later with purchase info and then tracking info. Received the watch the next day instead of the 2 day service and I have been very pleased.
diaz1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 August 2007, 05:19 AM   #39
Lubrifar
Banned

Quote:
it was great, i sent them emails with questions about the watch, such as new, papers and so on, responded either the same day or next with the answers. When I received the watch, it was in an omega box, with papers, the serial number on the credit card type paper matched the watch , the book was there, i will try to post pictures of the watch, box and papers by Friday. The salesman was very friendly, verified on hand of watch over the phone and took the order. Received two emails about 10 minutes later with purchase info and then tracking info. Received the watch the next day instead of the 2 day service and I have been very pleased.
Great to hear! Please do share pics!
Old 4 August 2007, 12:03 AM   #40
DC watchman
Banned

Lubifar:

PM me for the name of an AD who will match or come close to the AF price AND give you the full factory warranty as well.

He also happens to be the nicest guy I have ever bought a wristwatch from NIB.....
DC watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2007, 12:58 AM   #41
dnr21
"TRF" Member

Try out both at a local AD. See which one you dun wanna return to him. Then you know which one you should buy FIRST!

If you regret later, you can buy the other one!!

Then next you will have to think about which one to wear everyday.... :)
dnr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2007, 06:11 AM   #42
diaz1023
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubrifar View Post
Great to hear! Please do share pics!
Here is a picture of everything that came in the box, as you can see, i got a book, 3 credit card size warranty, description and pictogram information, the only thing was that the cc with the warranty info did not say Alan Furman, it has the original jeweler on there, but i don't think there would be any problem with Alan f
Furman repairing if needed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg communion, bday and work 011.jpg (54.4 KB, 167 views)
diaz1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2007, 03:14 PM   #43
mickiratt

Looks like you got everything that you should have. Enjoy your new Seamaster and may it bring you many years of happiness!
mickiratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2007, 07:25 AM   #44
Lubrifar
Banned

Quote:
Here is a picture of everything that came in the box, as you can see, i got a book, 3 credit card size warranty, description and pictogram information, the only thing was that the cc with the warranty info did not say Alan Furman, it has the original jeweler on there, but i don't think there would be any problem with Alan f
Furman repairing if needed
Thank you Diaz!
Old 5 August 2007, 11:34 PM   #45
chad234
"TRF" Member

Congrats!! I think you made the right choice (not that there was a wrong one) as I vastly prefer Omega over Tag.

Best bracelet and clasp design that I have seen.
chad234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2007, 09:41 AM   #46
finance21
2024 Pledge Member

That is one of my favorite watches that Omega makes. Also, that watch looks amazing on NATO, rubber and leather!
finance21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2007, 09:50 AM   #47
mike
"TRF" Member

Nice score! The 2254 is a great watch! I love the sword hands and lume. Mine is crazy accurate. What a great addition to a wonderfull collection!!

Well done.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2007, 01:19 PM   #48
Chimpy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega AT
Congrats! Now send an e-mail to aftersales@omega.ch with a picture of your filled in warranty card and your mailing address. Make sure you request your COSC certificate! Got mine from Maria in 15 days along with an Aqua Terra book and a hand written thank-you card for buying Omega.
Chimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2007, 02:57 AM   #49
Arby
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
I have no experience with tag so can't comment there. I must say the 2254 is one fantastic piece.

The sword hands and dial have wonderfull luminosity. The watch, while heavy (compared to some) sits so well on the wrist. The bracelet and clasp are IMO one of the best made combinations out there. I do wish the clasp featured a micro adjustment, but that's just me.
As far as accuracy goes, mine is among the most accurate watches I have! I can regulate it with overnight positioning to about +/- 0!

Not bad on a NATO too,

My next watch purchase is going to be the 2254. Hopefully within a few weeks... I need a daily work tool watch and wear my Rolex Day Date on the weekends.
Arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2007, 03:41 AM   #50
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

Go for an omega
frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2007, 03:42 AM   #51
frostie
1,000,000th PostMember

never seen an omega with nato strap. I amazed mike with you great omega pics.
frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2007, 07:56 AM   #52
Tombstone
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub and others
I bought the Omega Seamaster four years ago to take the daily beating a watch receives so I could save my Rolex watches. Wow what a mistake it was to buy this watch. After two years what did not go wrong with this watch? The watch needed an overhaul, the circuit block (quartz watch) needed to be replaced, the bracelet broke not once, but twice. The finish looks horrid, and the bezel scratches so easily (note the large scratch at the 30 marker on the bezel, the scratch at the 40 and 50 mark as well. I went back to Rolex and I never should have left. I have bought Breitling and Omega watches always glad to come back to Rolex quality.

I keep the Omega to remind me about but lesser quality watches the flip value on it would be less than $500.00 USD so why give it away? Just my personal view, I am not trying to sell Rolex or piss anyone off I just have had a very bad experience with Omega. Yes this is not a knock off, I bought the Omega from an Omega AD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2370.JPG (158.5 KB, 69 views)
Tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2007, 11:05 PM   #53
Brushpup
"TRF" Member

Watch: what I'm wearing
I would choose Omega in a hearbeat over Tag any day of the week.

JMO

Bp
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2007, 06:56 PM   #54
veilstylez
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone View Post
I bought the Omega Seamaster four years ago to take the daily beating a watch receives so I could save my Rolex watches. Wow what a mistake it was to buy this watch. After two years what did not go wrong with this watch? The watch needed an overhaul, the circuit block (quartz watch) needed to be replaced, the bracelet broke not once, but twice. The finish looks horrid, and the bezel scratches so easily (note the large scratch at the 30 marker on the bezel, the scratch at the 40 and 50 mark as well. I went back to Rolex and I never should have left. I have bought Breitling and Omega watches always glad to come back to Rolex quality.

I keep the Omega to remind me about but lesser quality watches the flip value on it would be less than $500.00 USD so why give it away? Just my personal view, I am not trying to sell Rolex or piss anyone off I just have had a very bad experience with Omega. Yes this is not a knock off, I bought the Omega from an Omega AD.

dang....how hard did you beat it? I mean...just normal wear or did you just not care and let it bang here and there? BTW I have the same bracelet on mine and wanted to know where did the bracelet brake?
veilstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2007, 11:33 PM   #55
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike View Post
I have no experience with tag so can't comment there. I must say the 2254 is one fantastic piece.

The sword hands and dial have wonderfull luminosity. The watch, while heavy (compared to some) sits so well on the wrist. The bracelet and clasp are IMO one of the best made combinations out there. I do wish the clasp featured a micro adjustment, but that's just me.
As far as accuracy goes, mine is among the most accurate watches I have! I can regulate it with overnight positioning to about +/- 0!

Not bad on a NATO too,

After wearing Craig's this past weekend on an Omega rubber strap, I gotta get me one of them
Old 28 August 2007, 12:06 AM   #56
Henri Laurie

Watch: SS GMT 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad234 View Post
Congrats!! I think you made the right choice (not that there was a wrong one) as I vastly prefer Omega over Tag.

Best bracelet and clasp design that I have seen.
Why not Rolex ?
Henri Laurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2007, 12:22 AM   #57
Bama
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri Laurie View Post
Why not Rolex ?
Many will tell you that the bracelet, especially the clasp has been the Achilles Heel of Rolex watches for some time. While I'm a firm believer in the overall quality of Rolex, other brands seem to do a better job with the bracelet and clasp. However, in the interest of full disclosure I've never owned an Omega or Tag and currently have had no problems with my Rolex bracelet.
Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2007, 03:36 AM   #58
brownoysterdj

Tag!
brownoysterdj is offline   Reply With Quote