The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 4 March 2007, 12:56 AM   #1
Arturo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Black GMT ll
My midsize Omega Seamaster

I have one midsize diving watch....the Seamaster Professional, and I really like wearing it in lieu of my bigger Rollies as a break from them. Also, even though the face is smaller than the larger SMP, I am impressed with the size of the lumi markers. Does anyone else on this list have the midsize?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2646.jpg (45.7 KB, 237 views)

Last edited by Arturo; 13 March 2007 at 02:17 PM..
Arturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2007, 04:47 AM   #2
Tomko
"TRF" Member

Picture please.

Thanks,

Current:
TT LN GMT-Master II 2007
Tudor Oyster-Prince Quartz 1999
Victorinox Swiss Army 1994
Lassale 1987

Retired:
Seiko Quartz 1981
Timex LCD 1979
Timex mini-sub style 1975
Timex 1971
Tomko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2007, 05:12 AM   #3
PacNW

Watch: Rolex DayDate
Icon3

Sure do, gotta have waterproof watches when you live up here
PacNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2007, 08:36 PM   #4
Remember2
"TRF" Member

I had the Bond Midsize auto until recently. It is a very very fine watch, but I had to let it go, to finance a Rolex Datejust.

I would go so far to say that the Bond Seamaster Auto's have the best "value for money" of any mechanical watch, in my book...

Remember2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2007, 01:37 PM   #5
Edensknight

Holy Smokes! Awesome pic, Claus! Wow! Do we ever have a host of very clever, and, extremely artistic photographers on TRF! Well done, and, thanks for sharing!
Edensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2007, 04:29 AM   #6
veilstylez
"TRF" Member

I had one..and I loved it. I also had to let it go to finance my rolex. But I am plaining to buy another soon...but this time a full size. NICE PIC btw. its diffenately a keeper
veilstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2007, 04:42 AM   #7
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
Sorry, don't have the mid-size, but have the full size 2531.80. Both are awesome watches.
Old 9 March 2007, 04:53 AM   #8
Arturo
"TRF" Member

I will try to get my midsize photod tonight. I should have done it last night when I photod my LV Sub.
Old 13 March 2007, 02:18 PM   #9
Arturo
"TRF" Member

Finally got the photo..see initial post.
Old 15 March 2007, 05:09 AM   #10
Obsession
Banned

Watch: Tissot Seastar
So nice watch and one question, are you satisfied with this Omega's keeping time as exact as a Quarzt movement watch, I mean that do you have to adjust sometimes again and again to keep right time_?
Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2007, 04:31 AM   #11
Arturo
"TRF" Member

My Omega is very accurate and loses and/or gains very little time. In fact, it runs more accurately then my 2 Rolexes. It is a beautiful watch that I got in 2003. I am unsure about when I need to get it serviced and where. For the money it is a great watch.
Old 16 March 2007, 05:53 AM   #12
Obsession
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo View Post
My Omega is very accurate and loses and/or gains very little time. In fact, it runs more accurately then my 2 Rolexes. It is a beautiful watch that I got in 2003. I am unsure about when I need to get it serviced and where. For the money it is a great watch.
Thanks for giving information, I heard that all automatic watches also Rolexes gain or loose time and I dont know what will I do if my Rolex will loose or gain time after buying. Do all Rolexes have this problem? Or is this problem chronological that occur after some time?
Old 16 March 2007, 11:45 PM   #13
Arturo
"TRF" Member

Automatic watches are hand made with amazing spring technology. They are not as minutely accurate as a quartz watch. However, they are still very accurate. It is one of the little things one has to deal with when one gets a thing of beauty like an automatic swiss made watch. About every 2 weeks I go to the computer and resynch them to the exact time.

Someone on this list has a great logo. It goes something like this: "You buy a Casio to be on time. You buy a Rolex because you don't need to". It is something like that.
Old 17 March 2007, 10:29 PM   #14
Obsession
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo View Post
Automatic watches are hand made with amazing spring technology. They are not as minutely accurate as a quartz watch. However, they are still very accurate. It is one of the little things one has to deal with when one gets a thing of beauty like an automatic swiss made watch. About every 2 weeks I go to the computer and resynch them to the exact time.

Someone on this list has a great logo. It goes something like this: "You buy a Casio to be on time. You buy a Rolex because you don't need to". It is something like that.

You r right but after paying a price of a car to a watch Im sorry but I expect it to keep right time, I had automatic Camel Trophy watch before and really everyday the watch was loosing a little bit more than 1 minute about 66 seconds a day were going to be lost and I had to make time settings eveyweek it was terrible, after that watch I never bought an automatic, but I will buy Rolex and I'm afraid to have same problem, is it possible at a TT blue sub ROLEX to loose a minute per day as my old Camel Trophy?
Old 20 March 2007, 11:22 PM   #15
Arturo
"TRF" Member

You could have that problem. Just post a question on the Rolex side of the forum and ask the guys with blue subs if they lose time. You will get the answer there.
Old 21 March 2007, 11:00 PM   #16
Remember2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensknight View Post
Holy Smokes! Awesome pic, Claus! Wow! Do we ever have a host of very clever, and, extremely artistic photographers on TRF! Well done, and, thanks for sharing!

Sorry for the late reply

Thanks a lot - but honestly...I cheated :

+

+

=

Remember2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2007, 09:30 PM   #17
amanda
Banned

I'm thinking of getting the black mid sized version. It's a great price and as tough as nails... perfect for those 'I'm too scared I'll damage my Panerai days'

To Quartz or not is the question now... my AD can do the quartz mid at around 35% off RRP but the Auto is more expensive and less discount. I like the idea of not having to worry about it ever stopping... I can set my other 2 watches off the quartz and I wont have lots of $ tied up in it!

I think I've sold the idea to myself..... wow thanks for all your help! hahahaha

amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2007, 02:46 PM   #18
Arturo
"TRF" Member

I just love the mechanical nature of the watch. It is really nice with the automatic and frankly keeps better time than my Rollies. It is a great size for a woman. I highly recommend it to you but hope you get the mechanical one as it will intrigue you more and make you be more involved with its education and upbringing.
Old 9 April 2007, 03:17 PM   #19
amanda
Banned

Thanks Arturo - I just tried one out at the local AD. You are right its a nice watch..... I unscrewed the crown and gave it a wind, very smooth... makes the Alpha Triple date feel like its got sand in it or something! Not that you'd ever compare an $80 and a $2800AU watch - then again I just did ha!

The watch has a great weight to it too.

I'm totally torn to be honest.... at the end of the day this one here, seems the better option.. more robust and its attractive!

The 36mm size makes it appear like a ladies size compared to my Panerai... but i dont really want another watch that sits across the full width of my wrist... hence me looking at the mid size. The Panerai only just fits me really.

Another watch I tried out was the Tag Heuer Carrera Chrono Automatic - the remake one... wow nice watch... but seems a bit price at nearly $2000 more than the Seamaster..
Old 9 April 2007, 04:09 PM   #20
Arturo
"TRF" Member

I love my LV Sub And my GMT ll as my other watches. But I really like having this smaller watch as well. Do you have a slender arm. I have a full size arm, and this does not look small. It has a great weight as well. I am thinking of getting a James Bond Blue Omega. But this is a really nice watch and I imagine fantastic for a lady.
Old 10 April 2007, 11:12 AM   #21
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Watch: your P's and Q's
Amanda... Just my opinion but... I'd never pay +$1000 (US) for a quartz watch. Some of the mid-sized Seiko's are plenty tough, attractive and a whole lot less expensive. The price differential between quartz and auto in the Omega line is not all that great. I know you're on the horns about a winder. Maybe you could adopt a new habit of giving your watches a wind every evening for those you're not wearing at the time. Quartz accuracy is something to consider. It's usually on the order of just seconds a month. If that is an important issue, watches well under $100 to +$1000 are all capable of that. Just some random thoughts... All that aside, I'm sure the Omega mid-sized would look awesome on your feminine wrist. Call it a personal quirk, I like that sort of thing...

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (Blk/Blk)
Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Incurable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2007, 11:44 AM   #22
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
Just my opinion but... I'd never pay +$1000 (US) for a quartz watch.

Don't dis all quartz watches, some are significant timepieces. If I had the chance to buy another Rolex OysterQuartz for $1,000 I'd be on it like white on rice!
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2007, 12:24 PM   #23
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Watch: your P's and Q's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
Don't dis all quartz watches, some are significant timepieces. If I had the chance to buy another Rolex OysterQuartz for $1,000 I'd be on it like white on rice!
Sorry, no offense intended... just my personal prejudice. Didn't really mean to indict ALL quartz watches. My opinion is formed by past experiences with opening up reasonably expensive watches only to find a cheap, mass produced, pacific rim movements (possibly worth tens of dollars) captured by a large plastic spacer/shock ring in a multi-hundred dollar showpiece case. This, of course, doesn't apply to the Rolex Oysterquartz, nor the Omega I'm sure. For that price, I'm sure the quartz movement is a product of quality engineering and standards in keeping with the name brands they are. Regardless, I'm a incontrovertible automatic/mechanical movement fan. I've owned plenty of quartz watches, still do. Can't beat them for accuracy

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (Blk/Blk)
Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Incurable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2007, 09:22 AM   #24
amanda
Banned

Well then, maybe I should go looking for a picture of the Quartz movement thats in the Omega then!

If I was going to go for an Auto - I'd probably go for the GMT Seamaster 2234.50 I think is the model no. just depends on the AD and how they'd discount it.

Or I wait till the end of the year and get something more expenisve like a Radiomir or a Rolex Sub.... not sure the Rolex is for me tho.
Old 11 April 2007, 11:28 AM   #25
Arturo
"TRF" Member

Look around. You can find some good prices on the SMP midsize. It really is a splendid watch. I love the girth of mine. What in USD was your AD asking for that?