The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 29 May 2007, 08:39 AM   #31
Ragu
"TRF" Member

Watch: the Sauce ;)
here's one that I've been looking at and is "stunning".

Proud Member #2391
Ragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 10:40 AM   #32
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
There's a speedy on sale at this site...

http://findwatches.googlepages.com/

I ordered my watch from him - he's from TZ.
Old 29 May 2007, 11:13 AM   #33
MotoLiam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragu View Post
here's one that I've been looking at and is "stunning".

I agree, the wavy dial and white face really bring this dial to life! I've read some great reviews about this watch (which I'm seriously considering in the future), and I've enjoyed everything I've heard or seen about it thus far. While I haven't handled one in person, things like This Review have really got me itching to see one in the flesh. Plus, I am hankering for more dial lume, which this should provide in spades compared to my GMT ll. Actually, I'm also thinking about a EXP ll, white face, but I'd have to do something to the bezel (like polish it), and the more I think about the EXP's, the more I end up thinking that they're somewhat of a neutered (no offense) GMT. I really enjoy being able to spin the bezel and track multiple countries, especially with my line of work, and with the EXP's I'd have to start memorizing even more numbers, haha. Just to keep it Rolexy in my collection, I'm also scouting for an LV Sub, just so I'd have another option with better hands and lume. Crazy frankenwatch ideas run through my head whenever I see something like a maxi dial and fat hands, and I wonder if I should just mutate my GMT, hahaha. I like that with the LV I can still run a black bezel if I wanted to, without too much difficulty, and who knows, maybe the green would totally blow me away in real life. But back to Omegas.

I think the Omegas are rock solid watches (from friends and reviews), and although I'd never owned one, the only thing really holding me back is their relationship with Swatch. How i wish they were more independent from the monolithic Swatch Group.

Last edited by MotoLiam; 29 May 2007 at 01:07 PM..
MotoLiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 01:04 PM   #34
leopardprey
Banned

Watch: Panerai 233
That is one nice Omega GMT! Have not seen that white face version in the stores or catalogs? Is it still produced/for sale?

You will definately see the Lum much better on the Omega than the white face Exp II. And the bracelet will be a much better fit.
leopardprey is offline   Reply With Quote