The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 15 October 2018, 05:19 AM   #1
iwenger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smorgasbord
Seiko newbie

Hi friends,

I hope all is well. I've been looking forward to making a foray into the world of Seiko for a while now, and I think the time is nigh! For a while, I had assumed I would acquire an SKX007/9. I've never gotten to see one in person, but from all I've heard and all the pictures I've seen, it seems like a really neat piece and one that I would really enjoy.

HOWEVER...a week or so ago I can across a Worn & Wound comparing the SKX007 to the newer mini-turtle (https://wornandwound.com/review/revi...he-new-skx007/). I know there are some obvious aesthetic differences between the two, but I find both pieces visually appealing in their own ways. The SKX has such a vintagey charm, the mini-turtle is a bit more of that "shiny and new" feel, but I can tell they're both work horses. I also really like the profile of the mini-turtle looking upward from the lugs

*pic courtesy of Worn & Wound*

I was hoping there may be a TRFer or two who's had hands-on experience with both of these pieces who could lend some opinions on how they compare, which you like better, and why. Thanks, and I look forward to sharing incoming pics sometime in the next few months.

-Isaac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15 October 2018, 07:19 AM   #2
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
The good news is that they are affordable enough to get both! I have never seen the 013, but I own the 007 and 009, among many other Seikos. My wrist is on the small side at 6.5 inches and I think the size of the 007 and 009 looks good. I have never tried on a 013 or seen one in person, but based on what I read it looks like it would be small on me.

You may want to look at the regular Turtles. Save the Ocean ( blue), Golden, Pepsi or black.

Also, read the Hodinkee articles on the 007 and 013. Enjoy your decision!
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote