The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 7 December 2017, 04:20 PM   #1
mwasheikh
"TRF" Member

Audemars Piguet 15400 AMME USERNAME

Hi all!

Hope everyone on the forum is doing well and wearing in good health.

I just wanted to warn everyone of a fraudster he goes by the name Amme and his contact number is 704-448-5061, email : amimoghaddam@gmail.com and his alias is watch collector.

He posted an AP 15400 black dial in immaculate condition boxed for only $12,250 (https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=573677) so I contacted him and thought I would push the envelope to see if he is actually legitimate. I emailed him asking him for contact info. Finally got his number and I text him. In the space of 30 secs I got him down from $12,250 to $11,000. I then asked him if he would take paypal in the form of a PayPal invoice and I would cover 3% he immediately refused said it was a wire transfer only. I still thought there maybe hope so I asked him for references and where he was based. He said he was based out of NC and his references when I checked were from users in the UK mentioning he sent them cases on TRF? I contacted him and asked if he would send me a picture of the watch, box, docs etc with a name tag or posit note showing his user name, time and date.

He then waited a day and sent me one image and claimed he is really busy and could only take one pic. So I looked at the pic and off the bat I could tell it was photoshopped the postit note was resting on the edge of the wooden box which would not rest like that it would fall off no balance, second red flag was he didn’t put the info I requested on the posit note and the 3rd and craziest red flag was the pic he sent. It was different! In his TRF POSTiNG image was different, the original box was brown and white and the photo he sent me with his name tag the wooden box was dark green and black . I am sure the docs probably didn’t match either.

Now call me crazy I didn’t message after my findings he then txt me and asked if I was interested and I told him yes if he would take 5,000 he agreed only if I would pay him in the next hour. Obviously I was toying with him at this point but I find it a travisty when we have such an awesome community and people like this exist. Not worth it as the famous saying goes you reap what you sow.

Thanks everyone just trying to keep everyone informed!

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 84FB0644-8FAF-429B-A32C-02D845FCC7C1.jpeg (231.9 KB, 518 views)
File Type: jpeg 25E858AC-F7D7-4C89-8AA3-EBFC776B9986.jpeg (184.2 KB, 518 views)
File Type: jpeg 71F07798-018A-409F-84CF-B2EBA4A15814.jpeg (121.4 KB, 518 views)
mwasheikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2017, 05:17 PM   #2
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

the warranty books don't match either, the hang tags are different, and the outer cardboard boxes are also different in the different pics. The only positive is its not even a good scam so you had plenty of red flags in advance.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 December 2017, 05:39 PM   #3
Lol-x
Facilitator

Nice going!!!

It is important that we be scrupolous in every tiny detail, when buying over the internet you can't overlook anything or leave anything to chance.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2018, 05:55 PM   #4
Honza
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega MK40, Rolex
Just got contacted by him regarding my watch. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2018, 10:13 PM   #5
cop414
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: 14060M
Geeze, these scammers are like s bad rash.

Rolex Submariner 14060M
Omega Seamaster 2254.50
DOXA Professional 1200T

Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
TRF's "After Dark" Bar & NightClub Patron
P Club Member #17
2 FA ENABLED
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2018, 06:03 AM   #6
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

Contacted me about mine too. Send me a phishing link.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2018, 12:45 PM   #7
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
the warranty books don't match either, the hang tags are different, and the outer cardboard boxes are also different in the different pics. The only positive is its not even a good scam so you had plenty of red flags in advance.
Nicely spotted
Old 4 February 2018, 04:05 PM   #8
VintageVagabound
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yessir69 View Post
Contacted me about mine too. Send me a phishing link.

I got the phishing link too. He said "I want to buy your watch. Check out my collection" with an apparent link to rolexforums. I said "why would I check out your collection? Do you want to buy the watch or not?" Now he's asking me for references

Additionally I got an email from AlexMVargas@gmail.com saying that he's interested in my watch but could I email him the photos from rolexforums? I asked what his username was and he said he's not a member because he's not into Rolex (but he was looking for watches on rolexforums). He said he's on chronotrader. I said "you can't view the pics on rolexforums?" and I sent a link to the same pictures as I had posted on this site and he said "nice watch but I'm not interested". I think I may remove my email address and force people to message me via the forum because the scammers just make it so ridiculous. I am tempted to toy with them though...
VintageVagabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2018, 11:40 PM   #9
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageVagabound View Post
I got the phishing link too. He said "I want to buy your watch. Check out my collection" with an apparent link to rolexforums. I said "why would I check out your collection? Do you want to buy the watch or not?" Now he's asking me for references

Additionally I got an email from AlexMVargas@gmail.com saying that he's interested in my watch but could I email him the photos from rolexforums? I asked what his username was and he said he's not a member because he's not into Rolex (but he was looking for watches on rolexforums). He said he's on chronotrader. I said "you can't view the pics on rolexforums?" and I sent a link to the same pictures as I had posted on this site and he said "nice watch but I'm not interested". I think I may remove my email address and force people to message me via the forum because the scammers just make it so ridiculous. I am tempted to toy with them though...
Yea, he's still emailing me. Asking for my references. I'm having some fun with him for now.

yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2021, 08:22 AM   #10
Watch Maniac
"TRF" Member

Really have nothing better to do wow...
Watch Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 05:01 AM   #11
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Fun that someone can enjoy toying with the scammers whenever they get the chance.
Wonder what he's thinking now . . .

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote