The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 19 November 2017, 03:53 AM   #1
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Icon4 PMKellogg01bc - Beware!!!

Beware of PMKellogg01bc. Guy (actual name is Chris) wanted to buy my Patek Aquanaut. Agreed to my price about a year ago. Then asked for a day to confirm his interest, only to come back offering nearly $1,000 less. Told him, not interested in selling below firm asking price, and was instead keeping the watch. De-listed it. He kept texting every few months repeatedly lowering his offer further even after telling him not interested in selling it. Contacted me again today. Told him watch had sold at my offering price, but had a Black Daytona Ceramic I’d consider selling. Offered me $1,800 below my $17,000 asking price. Told him not interested. Started immediately sending harrassing texts. Blocked his number. Then started calling from a no caller ID phone. Dude is crazy. Steer clear!!
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 06:00 AM   #2
125mph
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC TT Sunburst
U got a stalker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
125mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 07:38 AM   #3
eelpie
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15223, 6305/2
I don't understand . . .

. . . why you'd respond to any communication after the Patek deal fell apart, and I really don't understand why you'd even mention the Daytona to a guy who had already proven himself to be a flake.

If I've got a deal in place, and the other party starts messing me about, I respond with, "thank you for your interest, but I will be unable to accommodate you" and I terminate communication.

By responding to the guy, you fed the troll.

PS I once had a watch for sale on a forum, and it included a box from the manufacturer, but not the original box from the manufacturer. When a potential buyer asked what happened to the original box (something I had no way of knowing) I thanked him for his interest.

A guy who makes offers on an item with a firm price, or who asks inane questions that are not germane to the sale, are too much work, and they're probably tyre kickers with nothing else to do.
eelpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2017, 11:02 AM   #4
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelpie View Post
. . . why you'd respond to any communication after the Patek deal fell apart, and I really don't understand why you'd even mention the Daytona to a guy who had already proven himself to be a flake.

If I've got a deal in place, and the other party starts messing me about, I respond with, "thank you for your interest, but I will be unable to accommodate you" and I terminate communication.

By responding to the guy, you fed the troll.

PS I once had a watch for sale on a forum, and it included a box from the manufacturer, but not the original box from the manufacturer. When a potential buyer asked what happened to the original box (something I had no way of knowing) I thanked him for his interest.

A guy who makes offers on an item with a firm price, or who asks inane questions that are not germane to the sale, are too much work, and they're probably tyre kickers with nothing else to do.
Good points, but he was only a minor PIA prior to this morning. However, he lost all credibility as soon as he suggested the Daytona Ceramic Black was only selling for mid-$15k range, and was using Bob’s Watches (?) as a datapoint. They have a waiting list on that site for the watch, so basically he was lying. After finally blocking his number from text/phone communication, I noticed that he himself currently has a Daytona Ceramic White for sale on the Forum at like $17,950. I have since added him to my TRF ignore list. He only has 7 posts since February, so that in and of itself was a red flag as well. What is wrong with people??? Good riddance, Piker!
Old 20 November 2017, 01:56 AM   #5
epc2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV,Pam etc.
What a loser,post his username so we can be aware.
epc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2017, 02:15 AM   #6
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post
What a loser, post his username so we can be aware.
I posted his Forum Profile Name, but don’t think it is appropriate to post his actual name. I’d love to, believe me, but prefer to just be rid of him, not give him more reason to keep pestering me. I blocked him after last harrassing text but then immediately called twice with a blocked number phone, then again at 11:30PM. BTW...for what it’s worth, there is a great service called TrapCall.com (phone app) to unmasked and record harassing callers and stalkers. I also now have his home address. Total creep.

PM me if you are concerned about ever running across him since he is still on the forum, and I’ll share his name and contact info privately. Perhaps the moderators can take some sort of action, but I’m done dealing with him.
Old 3 December 2017, 03:17 AM   #7
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Correct profile name is: Kellogg01bc

Beware. A Real DB weasel.
Old 3 December 2017, 03:41 AM   #8
blah114
Banned

Watch: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorliss View Post
Good points, but he was only a minor PIA prior to this morning. However, he lost all credibility as soon as he suggested the Daytona Ceramic Black was only selling for mid-$15k range, and was using Bob’s Watches (?) as a datapoint. They have a waiting list on that site for the watch, so basically he was lying. After finally blocking his number from text/phone communication, I noticed that he himself currently has a Daytona Ceramic White for sale on the Forum at like $17,950. I have since added him to my TRF ignore list. He only has 7 posts since February, so that in and of itself was a red flag as well. What is wrong with people??? Good riddance, Piker!
So, he wants you to,sell your Daytona for less than his own asking price on another (his own) Daytona.
blah114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2017, 03:52 AM   #9
blah114
Banned

The guy seems to have removed his profile. I’m bett7ng he’s from New Jersey or nyc .
Old 3 December 2017, 05:39 AM   #10
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Beware: SummitNJ2018 is a Fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah114 View Post
The guy seems to have removed his profile. I’m bett7ng he’s from New Jersey or nyc .
He now is contacting me with a different profile: SummitNJ2018
Old 3 December 2017, 10:08 PM   #11
blah114
Banned

Quote:
New Jersey, right? There’s a website called base notes.. for cologne. I used to,trade on there . Not anymore, a guy from New Jersey ended that for me. Contacting me over and over about a small vial of Creed I sent him, claiming it had poured out during shipping, etc etc etc. then I found posts of him reviewing the very cologne I’d sent him.. his review said, “received a sample recently of [cologne name] and love it... “ etc. when I pointed out his review, he claimed it was from another user. I knew he was lying, but I sent another sample because I’m way too nice, when he received it, he complained the atomizer wasn’t working, so I replied that was it. I’d sent two samples to his one and we were done. I said to decant into his own. I also said I know you received the first sample successfully and lied. “I’m not not as naive as you think.”I said. He reported me to moderators and they banned him. Turns out he had changed user names and had been pulling the same bs on other traders.. I wonder if your crazy guy is the same guy.. I’m thinking they’re at least related. Maybe cousins or something.
Old 3 December 2017, 10:49 PM   #12
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
He's gone now.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2017, 11:27 PM   #13
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

He pulled same $hit on me. I thought he was front running for another buyer.
cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2017, 01:48 AM   #14
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstore View Post
He pulled same $hit on me. I thought he was front running for another buyer.
The scammer’s actual name is:

Chris Ricciuti

He will no doubt resurface again under yet another new screen name to harrass legitimate people trying to sell watches in the classified section.

Last edited by Old Expat Beast; 8 December 2017 at 04:20 PM..
Old 5 December 2017, 03:12 AM   #15
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Chris Ricciuti

He will no doubt resurface again under yet another new screen name to harrass legitimate people trying to sell watches in the classified section.

Last edited by Old Expat Beast; 8 December 2017 at 04:20 PM..
cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 December 2017, 04:21 PM   #16
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:

Chris Ricciuti

Home address removed.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2017, 06:21 AM   #17
havingagoodtime
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 / 16570
There's an obituary with the same name located in NJ from 2013. Perhaps the entire loop is a scam.
havingagoodtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2017, 04:49 AM   #18
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by havingagoodtime View Post
There's an obituary with the same name located in NJ from 2013. Perhaps the entire loop is a scam.
I don’t think that is the same guy. This guy was originally from Quincy, MA...if you believe his story. He also had a legit looking LinkedIn profile. I just think he is a chiseling psycho weasel, not a complete thief, but you never know.