The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 29 August 2018, 02:10 PM   #31
leehondo3
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX / TUDOR
Pam911

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
mmmm.... maybe this PAM911 over the PAM590 i was thinking....

bloody tempting!!
I owned both PAM911 and PAM590, each one have their owned special detailed on it.
leehondo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2018, 03:01 PM   #32
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Congratulations to all of you who have one! I love green, but I was a little late unfortunately. Never even got to see one in real life. Beautiful watch, enjoy in best of health!
Cheers,
Carl
Old 30 August 2018, 01:12 AM   #33
Dan2010
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai 914
I just picked one up recently. In the top 3 of my favorite all time watches.
Dan2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2018, 10:31 AM   #34
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
Congratulations to all of you who have one! I love green, but I was a little late unfortunately. Never even got to see one in real life. Beautiful watch, enjoy in best of health!
Cheers,
Carl
Carl, I know a guy selling a LNIB.
erik asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2018, 11:28 AM   #35
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik asher View Post
Carl, I know a guy selling a LNIB.
Thanks for the heads up. I would love to get the details, but it becomes a bit problematic when the transaction is trans border. Living in Canada. If I was in the USA, would probably go for it. On the other hand, I haven't the model in real life. I am also going to take a look at the PAM511, the red gold version, if the have it at the Vancouver Boutique.

Cheers,
Carl
Old 31 August 2018, 04:36 AM   #36
vivicorsi
Banned

it took me quite some time to research this but i hope it will be of some value for some enthusiasts here, and you will enjoy reading this....

ok i recently had a discussion with someone over the colour of the 911, a salesperson claimed it is the same green than the previous radiomirs limited editions. and so did some quite well known watch sites!

i was a bit intrigued, so i started to search the internet for photos of both watches on the same photograph. i found some but they did look similar. well i know that most photos are never accurate considering the colors, so i downloaded the photo played around with the brightness, saturation etc and tataaaa....they did look different.

knowing mr bonati and his quite excentric character-lets not forget he had the famous cazzomir dials made for him and 2 employes.... if you dont know them google it, quite impressive ;)- i knew he wouldn't have been satisfied having his last paneristi watch made with the same dial than those radiomirs. moreover he designed the 911 himself and green was his favorite colour.

only one way to prove it a 100%..... so after a few email exchanges with Panerai, i got this very intersting reply.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Dear Mr. Vivicorsi,

Thank you for your email and for your interest in Officine Panerai.

With regards to your enquiry, we would like to confirm that the green dial color of the watch for the Paneristi is different from the last retail exclusivities we have developed.

It’s an aesthetic choice that we have made in order to differentiate it, considering that the watch for the Paneristi is not part of the retail exclusivities Project.

Through this choice, this watch is more exclusive and with a unique aesthetic code.

We remain at your full disposal for any further information you should require and hope to welcome you again at www.panerai.com.

Best regards,

Nuno
Ambassador Officine Panerai
Tel:+44 20 71940260
concierge.europe@panerai.com
www.panerai.com

OFFICINE PANERAI"

-------------------------------------

I knew it :) Mr Bonati would leave Panerai with sthg special. so the 911 is in fact the only Panerai with this special green colour! and the propability that it will stay that way is very very high .
vivicorsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 07:17 PM   #37
vivicorsi
Banned

This is the best real color representation of the watch

There you can see the difference Pam911 / green Radiomir The picture is just to show the difference the first picture shows the real 911 color.

And finally the famous Cazzomir Dial by Bonati;) if you wonder what Cazzomir means look at the dial ;)

Old 31 August 2018, 07:53 PM   #38
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

^ great post & photos, thanks!
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2018, 09:58 PM   #39
vivicorsi
Banned

thank you, glad you enjoyed reading it.
Old 1 September 2018, 12:10 AM   #40
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivicorsi View Post
it took me quite some time to research this but i hope it will be of some value for some enthusiasts here, and you will enjoy reading this....

ok i recently had a discussion with someone over the colour of the 911, a salesperson claimed it is the same green than the previous radiomirs limited editions. and so did some quite well known watch sites!

i was a bit intrigued, so i started to search the internet for photos of both watches on the same photograph. i found some but they did look similar. well i know that most photos are never accurate considering the colors, so i downloaded the photo played around with the brightness, saturation etc and tataaaa....they did look different.

knowing mr bonati and his quite excentric character-lets not forget he had the famous cazzomir dials made for him and 2 employes.... if you dont know them google it, quite impressive ;)- i knew he wouldn't have been satisfied having his last paneristi watch made with the same dial than those radiomirs. moreover he designed the 911 himself and green was his favorite colour.

only one way to prove it a 100%..... so after a few email exchanges with Panerai, i got this very intersting reply.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Dear Mr. Vivicorsi,

Thank you for your email and for your interest in Officine Panerai.

With regards to your enquiry, we would like to confirm that the green dial color of the watch for the Paneristi is different from the last retail exclusivities we have developed.

It’s an aesthetic choice that we have made in order to differentiate it, considering that the watch for the Paneristi is not part of the retail exclusivities Project.

Through this choice, this watch is more exclusive and with a unique aesthetic code.

We remain at your full disposal for any further information you should require and hope to welcome you again at www.panerai.com.

Best regards,

Nuno
Tel:+44 20 71940260
www.panerai.com

OFFICINE PANERAI"

-------------------------------------

I knew it :) Mr Bonati would leave Panerai with sthg special. so the 911 is in fact the only Panerai with this special green colour! and the propability that it will stay that way is very very high .
With all due respect, I know someone who has three green dials (382, 736, and 911)...he says that there is a slight difference between the 382 and 736/911, but no difference between the 736 and 911. This is consistent with my understanding as well. In other words, the 911 dial colour is not unique to just the 911...notwithstanding, it’s beautiful in any event!
Old 1 September 2018, 01:47 AM   #41
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
With all due respect, I know someone who has three green dials (382, 736, and 911)...he says that there is a slight difference between the 382 and 736/911, but no difference between the 736 and 911. This is consistent with my understanding as well. In other words, the 911 dial colour is not unique to just the 911...notwithstanding, it’s beautiful in any event!
well with all due respect, i think Panerai knows it better than you do ;)
Old 1 September 2018, 02:12 AM   #42
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
well with all due respect, i think Panerai knows it better than you do ;)
you can’t rely on OP’s customer service responses from a virtual agent. Ask the same question again and you will get a different response from a different rep. That rep may not have even known the references you were referring to! Ask them if the 233 was retired in the T series. I did and got an affirmative response. Guess what? There is a 233 U.

Sorry you can’t rely on your source, unfortunately. I am relying on a long time Risti who has three green dials—a 736, 911, and a 382. But if it makes you feel any better, I followed up by asking my source at Panerai who confirmed that the 736 and 911 have the same dial colour.
Old 1 September 2018, 02:17 AM   #43
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
This shows your complete lack of experience with the brand, quite frankly...anyone who knows Panerai knows you can’t rely on their customer service responses from a virtual response. Ask the same question again and you will get a different response from a different rep. That rep may not have even known the references you were referring to! Ask them if the 233 was retired in the T series. I did and got an affirmative response. Guess what? There is a 233 U.

Sorry you can’t rely on your source, unfortunately. I am relying on a long time Risti who has three green dials—a 736, 911, and a 382. But if it makes you feel any better, I followed up by asking my source at Panerai who confirmed that the 736 and 911 have the same dial colour.
Well this is an official statement from Panerai not from a Panerai salesperson. By the way the picture above shows the 736 next to the 911 now you must be colorblind not to see the difference. but if it makes you feel any better, you are free to forward the message of you panerai source ;) for everyone to see.

and by the way you can search the forums, there is a person who also has both and clearly posted that the colors are different. maybe if i have time i try to find this post. but fact is the colors are different wheter you like it or not.
Old 1 September 2018, 02:22 AM   #44
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well this is an official statement from Panerai not from a Panerai salesperson. By the way the picture above shows the 736 next to the 911 now you must be colorblind not to see the difference. but if it makes you feel any better, you are free to forward the message of you panerai source ;) for everyone to see.

and by the way you can search the forums, there is a person who also has both and clearly posted that the colors are different. maybe if i have time i try to find this post. but fact is the colors are different wheter you like it or not.
I couldn’t care less dude...the colour of your green dial Pam means very little to me...But facts are facts...go on FB Paneristi and see for yourself...
Old 1 September 2018, 02:29 AM   #45
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
I couldn’t care less dude...the colour of your green dial Pam means very little to me...But facts are facts...go on FB Paneristi and see for yourself...
well so far duuuude you do nothing but talk , i have presented you with easy to check facts for my claims. of course green is similar to green just like red is similar to red. look at the photo above and tell me they are the same? with bad lighnting and someone colorblind ...yes they will look the same.

but just forward your Panerai source for everyone to check...easy...dude
Old 1 September 2018, 02:49 AM   #46
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
well so far duuuude you do nothing but talk , i have presented you with easy to check facts for my claims. of course green is similar to green just like red is similar to red. look at the photo above and tell me they are the same? with bad lighnting and someone colorblind ...yes they will look the same.

but just forward your Panerai source for everyone to check...easy...dude
How would you like me to forward my source...it’s on the Paneristi.com FB page...the poster’s name is Araz and he has all three green dials and made a comparison...in any event, who cares whether they are the same or different...the 911 is gorgeous...it doesn’t make it less special that it has the same colour dial as the green boutique only trilogy...enjoy your beautiful PAM!
Old 1 September 2018, 02:56 AM   #47
vivicorsi
Banned

If you do not care about the color that is fine. But than don’t go on pretending things that are simply not true. The green is different. And that is simply a fact whether you care or you do not.
Old 1 September 2018, 03:35 AM   #48
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you do not care about the color that is fine. But than don’t go on pretending things that are simply not true. The green is different. And that is simply a fact whether you care or you do not.
I apologise...after one month of owning a PAM, you certainly know everything there is to know about the brand...let me ask you a common sense question...do you really think OP would produce one colour dial for one watch and one watch only? Or do you think they used the leftover dials from the trilogy to make your special one of a kind watch?
Old 1 September 2018, 04:28 AM   #49
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
I apologise...after one month of owning a PAM, you certainly know everything there is to know about the brand...let me ask you a common sense question...do you really think OP would produce one colour dial for one watch and one watch only? Or do you think they used the leftover dials from the trilogy to make your special one of a kind watch?
Funny you claim to know better than Panerai ...I see. You seem to know everything do you?
I do show proof , all you have is someone saying the look alike. Research and you ll find owners who claim differently.

I do have an official email from Panerai. Not a salesperson from Panerai, but from their headquarter, and I provide photos. All you do is talk. I think everyone can judge for himself who is more trustworthy.
Old 1 September 2018, 04:57 AM   #50
erik asher
"TRF" Member

It’s funny but you don’t even understand from the picture you “borrowed” that there is a difference in how light refracts from a domed crystal and a semi domed or flat crystal, which can give the illusion of two different colours...

I would drop this but it’s a public forum and I am sure it is with the best intentions, but you are putting out information that isn’t true and it wrongly gives one the impression that the
911 has a dial that is unique to all other PAMs...while it is stunning and unique, it shares a dial colour with at least theee other PAMs, if not four...

Let’s change the subject...I believe this is your first PAM...what what the motivation behind acquiring a 911 as your first? It’s always cool to hear people’s stories of what attracted them to the brand and a particular PAM...
Old 1 September 2018, 05:16 AM   #51
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
after i received the 911 i realized the green dial wasn’t for me so i passed it on to a great risti who i know is enjoying it.

at the price i paid, lol

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2018, 05:20 AM   #52
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
It’s funny but you don’t even understand from the picture you “borrowed” that there is a difference in how light refracts from a domed crystal and a semi domed or flat crystal, which can give the illusion of two different colours...

I would drop this but it’s a public forum and I am sure it is with the best intentions, but you are putting out information that isn’t true and it wrongly gives one the impression that the 811 has a dial that is unique to all other PAMs...while it is stunning and unique, it shares a dial colour with at least theee other PAMs, if not four...

Let’s change the subject...I believe this is your first PAM...what what the motivation behind acquiring a 911 as your first? It’s always cool to hear people’s stories of what attracted them to the brand and a particular PAM...

No Eric i won't change subject.
it is one thing if you do not care about the different green dials, and do not appreciate the work i put into researching this
BUT
it is a totally different story if you call Nuno from Panerai a liar on a public forum. Clearly his email was not a "quick and dirty" answer, but his words were very precise about this subject.

you claimed that you have your Panerai source who claims differently. so why do you not provide his name or email adress and i will gladly forward this to Nuno and he will get in touch with your source?

i think it would only be fair to do so. Or would you liked to be called a liar on a public forum without the possibility to clarify?

i hope you have this basic decency towards Nuno from Panerai. So man up and deliver.
Its about beeing fair towards Nuno!
Old 1 September 2018, 06:02 AM   #53
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No Eric i won't change subject.
it is one thing if you do not care about the different green dials, and do not appreciate the work i put into researching this
BUT
it is a totally different story if you call Nuno from Panerai a liar on a public forum. Clearly his email was not a "quick and dirty" answer, but his words were very precise about this subject.

you claimed that you have your Panerai source who claims differently. so why do you not provide his name or email adress and i will gladly forward this to Nuno and he will get in touch with your source?

i think it would only be fair to do so. Or would you liked to be called a liar on a public forum without the possibility to clarify?

i hope you have this basic decency towards Nuno from Panerai. So man up and deliver.
Its about beeing fair towards Nuno!
I will say no more about this...conversation is over ...
Old 1 September 2018, 06:06 AM   #54
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
I will say no more about this...conversation is over ...
well ...what i expected...much talk no proof.

i guess forum members will know by now who delivers facts.

a shame you claim things you clearly know nothing about ,and call poor Nuno from Panerai a liar on a public forum. all he wanted was to help ,just like me.

not a fair behavior
Old 1 September 2018, 06:13 AM   #55
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
well ...what i expected...much talk no proof.

i guess forum members will know by now who delivers facts.

a shame you claim things you clearly know nothing about ,and call poor Nuno from Panerai a liar on a public forum. all he wanted was to help ,just like me.

not a fair behavior
I will respond to your accusation regarding Nuno, since you dragged his name into this. I did not call Nuno a liar. I think Nuno is just misinformed; just like you. There is a very big difference. Maybe this is getting lost in the transaction between languages and digital communications.

Like I said earlier, what you did is with the best intentions, but your analysis isn’t correct. But let’s stop the back and forth...maybe someone with both PAMs can chime in. Like I said earlier, there is a Paneristi who has both who said they were both the same. I have also seen them side by side and they appeared to be both the same. Have you seen them side by side? Let’s wait and hear what another forum member has to say, but please stop with the accusations...
Old 1 September 2018, 06:22 AM   #56
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
But if it makes you feel any better, I followed up by asking my source at Panerai who confirmed that the 736 and 911 have the same dial colour.

Eric just put some facts behind your claims...should be easy

who is your panerai source?
is that such a big secret or was it all just made up?

Nuno will be happy to answer. he was not lost in transalation. the communication was very clear. i wrote to the headquaters of Panerai. they said they would forward the message to someone at panerai who will know -and that is his very clear answer. Don't you think he would double check before writing his official answer?

i name my source ,post pictures and you just provide no proof for your claims.
Old 1 September 2018, 06:29 AM   #57
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Eric just put some facts behind your claims...should be easy

who is your panerai source?
is that such a big secret or was it all just made up?

Nuno will be happy to answer. he was not lost in transalation. the communication was very clear. i wrote to the headquaters of Panerai. they said they would forward the message to someone at panerai who will know -and that is his very clear answer. Don't you think he would double check before writing his official answer?

i name my source ,post pictures and you just provide no proof for your claims.
The name of my source isn’t relevant because we are not on a trial or conducting an investigation...as you correctly stated some time ago, people can come to their own conclusions...if you are a member of the Paneristi.com FB forum, I encourage you to do a search for Araz and you will see his post...as you get more involved and experienced with Panerai, you will learn that things aren’t always as they appear...all experienced Ristis appreciate that even within OP, there are conflicting sources of information...you will learn one day sooner rather than later...but until then, I don’t know what else to tell you that would be appropriate for a forum...
Old 1 September 2018, 06:29 AM   #58
The OG Beef
"TRF" Member

If they are indeed different, you’d need a spectrophotometer to tell.

Sent from Beef’s iPad using Tapatalk
The OG Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2018, 07:00 AM   #59
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
The name of my source isn’t relevant because we are not on a trial or conducting an investigation...as you correctly stated some time ago, people can come to their own conclusions...if you are a member of the Paneristi.com FB forum, I encourage you to do a search for Araz and you will see his post...as you get more involved and experienced with Panerai, you will learn that things aren’t always as they appear...all experienced Ristis appreciate that even within OP, there are conflicting sources of information...you will learn one day sooner rather than later...but until then, I don’t know what else to tell you that would be appropriate for a forum...
well it is relevant to some of us ,maybe not to you

and i guess it would be to nuno, again he is the official source
and if you claim you have a panerai source who says differently why not put him in contact with Nuno? what is the big deal? they could sort out the dispute once and for all...

that is exactly what i have told in the intro plenty of bad photos out there
some the dials look different some they look exactly the same
some who own both who say they do look different
some who own both who say they look the same ( altough up to know i havent seen a post from them)
Old 1 September 2018, 07:02 AM   #60
vivicorsi
Banned

Dear Mr. ---------------------,

Thank you for your email and your trust in Panerai.

Hearing from a Paneristi about his new purchase makes us very proud and happy to see the trust you give us. In order to help you accordingly with your request, we forwarded your question to the prodution department, who will certainly know the answer to it.

We will pass on the infromation as soon as we received the details from our responsivle department.

Best regards,

Jan Krummacher
Tel: +33 17 0753000

www.panerai.com

OFFICINE PANERAI