The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 7 April 2012, 08:47 AM   #1
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Do not buy from SwissWatchExpo

I just received my GMT Rootbeer from these guys, and it is missing 2 links. No where in the ad on the website did it say it was missing 2 links. So I called them and spoke to the "Co-owner" who began ARGUING with me and raising his voice at me, saying they described the watch fully, and that I was supposed to "count" the links from the small picture they had posted, even though everything else was described in the details of the watch except this MINUTE detail. I tried talking to the guy but he just kept arguing with me and raising his voice, and at no time tried to rectify the situation. Basically, he had a "too bad!" attitude.
Needless to say I'm very upset about this. Think I should send the watch back? For the price I paid, It should have all the links.
Oh, and when I told him he could either send me the 2 missing links or I would post on this forum, he called me an extortionist! That's when I hung up.
Old 7 April 2012, 09:01 AM   #2
2th Dr
Banned

I just went back to their website and started "counting" links on all their GMT's, and wadayouknow! They are ALL missing links! And the ads all say the same thing, "Additional links can be purchased". Now isn't that interesting.
Old 7 April 2012, 09:03 AM   #3
A.J.R.
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBC, DJII
That really stinks Marko. I would worry that if you sent it back to them they would say they never received it.
Old 7 April 2012, 09:07 AM   #4
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J.R. View Post
That really stinks Marko. I would worry that if you sent it back to them they would say they never received it.
I was thinking the same thing. Or that it was somehow "damaged" by me, and therefore not returnable. AND it says on their website they charge a 3% restocking fee! Total BS!
Old 7 April 2012, 09:08 AM   #5
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
Icon13

Well, I would like to know their website link. Until it's rectified............I will stay away.
Old 7 April 2012, 09:09 AM   #6
A.J.R.
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBC, DJII
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th dr View Post
total bs!
100% bs!
Old 7 April 2012, 09:10 AM   #7
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_KNIGHT View Post
Well, I would like to know their website link. Until it's rectified............I will stay away.
Gladly!
http://www.swisswatchexpo.com/
Old 7 April 2012, 09:15 AM   #8
2th Dr
Banned

So if I send it back, I'm out shipping both ways, plus $264 restocking fee. For that price I think I could get 2 links, no?
Old 7 April 2012, 09:17 AM   #9
2th Dr
Banned

I mean, in their description of the watch, they give every single detail about it, EXCEPT that it's missing 2 links. AND THEN, they conveniently offer to sell you additional links. I'm sorry but I find that underhanded, ESPECIALLY when ALL their Oyster bracelets are missing links!
Old 7 April 2012, 09:28 AM   #10
Andelain
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing your 6......
That sucks. Did you pay with your credit card? You should be able to do a chargeback.

Old 7 April 2012, 09:29 AM   #11
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
Icon13

I hope it works out. Seems trivial to earn a "tarnished reputation" over two links.
Old 7 April 2012, 09:33 AM   #12
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_KNIGHT View Post
I hope it works out. Seems trivial to earn a "tarnished reputation" over two links.
That's EXACTLY what I told him, but remember, I'm "an extortionist!".

Oh, something else... when I decided to buy, I said "You ship free overnight, right?" And they said "No, overnight is $40". I said "But you're website says free overnight via USPS or UPS" and they said "No no no! That's not right, thank you for telling us that. We need to correct that".
Should have been a red flag for me right there.

I believe here in the United States, we call this deceptive trade and there IS a law against it.
Old 7 April 2012, 09:34 AM   #13
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andelain View Post
That sucks. Did you pay with your credit card? You should be able to do a chargeback.
I would love to but have never had to. How would I go about doing that?
Old 7 April 2012, 09:36 AM   #14
2th Dr
Banned

I would love to keep the watch because it IS my grail, but this whole thing stinks!
Old 7 April 2012, 09:36 AM   #15
belk7
"TRF" Member

This is a pretty lousy practice, but I just looked at their web site, and it looks like they included just enough weasel words to cover themselves. Everybody who reads this thread will know how they operate, and can make their decisions accordingly. I will certainly stay away. On principal, I would be tempted to return this and move on, but the restocking fee makes that an expensive point. I would certainly consider getting the watch checked out just to make yourself feel ok about everything else. Did your listing advertise that it would fit a certain sized wrist? If so, check out the actual measurement and hold them to that.
Old 7 April 2012, 09:41 AM   #16
Andelain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2th DR View Post
I would love to but have never had to. How would I go about doing that?
Call your credit card company end explain what happened. Mine makes it easy.

Old 7 April 2012, 09:41 AM   #17
JPersat
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing everybody
Mark,

Don't let this tarnish your grail. If you love the watch that much, contact Steve Mulholland and explain the situation, and he should be able to make it right. And as for the other place, I would try to find some way of reporting them for the missing links on ALL the oyster bracelets.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 7 April 2012, 09:53 AM   #18
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by belk7 View Post
This is a pretty lousy practice, but I just looked at their web site, and it looks like they included just enough weasel words to cover themselves. Everybody who reads this thread will know how they operate, and can make their decisions accordingly. I will certainly stay away. On principal, I would be tempted to return this and move on, but the restocking fee makes that an expensive point. I would certainly consider getting the watch checked out just to make yourself feel ok about everything else. Did your listing advertise that it would fit a certain sized wrist? If so, check out the actual measurement and hold them to that.
I just did... It says it fits up to 7 1/2 inch wrist. My wrist is 7 1/4 and it barely fits, so I don't know if that's enough to go on. Good idea though, thanks!
Old 7 April 2012, 09:57 AM   #19
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPersat View Post
Mark,

Don't let this tarnish your grail. If you love the watch that much, contact Steve Mulholland and explain the situation, and he should be able to make it right. And as for the other place, I would try to find some way of reporting them for the missing links on ALL the oyster bracelets.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks Jarrett, I'm sure Steve could help me out, but it just grinds my gears that they were so deceptive, and then the co-owner has the audacity to argue with me and yell at me over the phone instead of trying to make it right.
Old 7 April 2012, 10:01 AM   #20
theloxmyth
Banned

Quote:
Call your credit card company end explain what happened. Mine makes it easy.
AMEX is on YOUR side, Mark.

I THINK I remember that AMEX reverses charges first and then gets details from both parties.

I'm confident MC/VISA is, as well.

(I feel sad for you.)

EDIT: And I feel happy for you!

Old 7 April 2012, 10:04 AM   #21
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloxmyth View Post

I THINK I remember that AMEX reverses charges first and then gets details from both parties.

(I feel sad for you.)

Thanks Craigster-O!
Old 7 April 2012, 10:04 AM   #22
Andelain
"TRF" Member

I think you can do a partial chargeback. I'd ask for the amount back that they'd charge for two links, plus overnight shipping.

Old 7 April 2012, 10:07 AM   #23
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
I think you can do a partial chargeback. I'd ask for the amount back that they'd charge for two links, plus overnight shipping.
Now THAT would work for me, if it can be done!
Old 7 April 2012, 10:17 AM   #24
Tridor
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD, DJ, SubC Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloxmyth View Post

(I feel sad for you.)

This is true. Call your credit card company and notify them that you are disputing the charge. They may tell you that you can't file a formal dispute until the charge shows up on your next bill, but at least they will have an initial protest on record.

Then, AS SOON as you get your cc bill containing the charge for the watch, call your cc company and IMMEDIATELY follow their procedure to the letter. Usually, you have a VERY SHORT time period in which to file a dispute. They will likely reverse the charge temporarily pending an investigation. Take photos of the watch so that you can prove its condition, and print out the ad from which you purchased the watch so the sleaze bags you bought it from don't change it in the meantime and then claim that YOU removed the links to try to pull one over on them.

Three other things. First, if you decide to send back the watch, send it REGISTERED mail, that's the most secure method and they can't claim they didn't get it. Second, if the company offers to give you the additional two links so that you'll keep the watch and withdraw the dispute, tell them you'd rather they credit your card in an amount equal to the cost of two links so that you can buy them from someone else. If they tried to screw you on the watch, there's every reason to believe they'll try to do it on the links as well. Third, once this whole thing is resolved, I would report them to your State attorney general and the Federal Trade Commission.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 7 April 2012, 10:18 AM   #25
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Who exactly did you speak with over there? maybe let me apply a little pressure on them. They've bought from me before.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Old 7 April 2012, 10:25 AM   #26
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
Who exactly did you speak with over there? maybe let me apply a little pressure on them. They've bought from me before.
Thanks Greg. I bought it from Boris, whom I had no problem with, but the guy I talked to today just said he was the co-owner and nothing more, so I don't know his name. Strong accent though, but I think they all do.
Old 7 April 2012, 10:25 AM   #27
Andelain
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Now THAT would work for me, if it can be done!
My credit card does that, hopefully yours does too. I'm really pissed they did this to you after I recommended them. Wish I'd known, they didn't pull any crap on me.

Old 7 April 2012, 10:26 AM   #28
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridor View Post
This is true. Call your credit card company and notify them that you are disputing the charge. They may tell you that you can't file a formal dispute until the charge shows up on your next bill, but at least they will have an initial protest on record.

Then, AS SOON as you get your cc bill containing the charge for the watch, call your cc company and IMMEDIATELY follow their procedure to the letter. Usually, you have a VERY SHORT time period in which to file a dispute. They will likely reverse the charge temporarily pending an investigation. Take photos of the watch so that you can prove its condition, and print out the ad from which you purchased the watch so the sleaze bags you bought it from don't change it in the meantime and then claim that YOU removed the links to try to pull one over on them.

Three other things. First, if you decide to send back the watch, send it REGISTERED mail, that's the most secure method and they can't claim they didn't get it. Second, if the company offers to give you the additional two links so that you'll keep the watch and withdraw the dispute, tell them you'd rather they credit your card in an amount equal to the cost of two links so that you can buy them from someone else. If they tried to screw you on the watch, there's every reason to believe they'll try to do it on the links as well. Third, once this whole thing is resolved, I would report them to your State attorney general and the Federal Trade Commission.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Good advice, thanks! Will do it first thing tomorrow, as the bank is already closed.
Old 7 April 2012, 10:27 AM   #29
2th Dr
Banned

Quote:
My credit card does that, hopefully yours does too. I'm really pissed they did this to you after I recommended them. Wish I'd known, they didn't pull any crap on me.
No worries, my friend!
Old 7 April 2012, 10:31 AM   #30
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Thanks Greg. I bought it from Boris, whom I had no problem with, but the guy I talked to today just said he was the co-owner and nothing more, so I don't know his name. Strong accent though, but I think they all do.
Yeah, they all do.... Try to get the name for me and I am sure I can help you resolve it.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Closed Thread