The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 2 March 2019, 03:34 PM   #1
In-Cog-Neeto
"TRF" Member

Tudor Sub - everyday wear / pressure testing

Hi all

Trying to understand the difficulties with wearing an old Tudor sub as a daily. Likely to get a bit wet etc.

If pressure testing an old watch, are the likely points of seal loss to be around the crown / crystal / case back, and if found to be leaky, is it fairly easy to have the watch sealed up like new without having to change more than the seals? I wouldn’t want to remove original parts

Thanks
In-Cog-Neeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2019, 05:20 AM   #2
SOG DIVER
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680Red-551214060M
From experience with a 1680 red Submariner, each watch is an individual.
There also is the wet or really exposed with pressure like an actual salt or fresh water SCUBA or free dive. My last dive with my sub was spearfishing in clear FL salt water at 50 ft.

The pressure test is important, particularly if you swim or dive at depth. The watches are made by Rolex and made to be used. Any cracks in the crystal are a danger sign-and the crystal needs replacing. A regular service by a reputable AD or watchmaker
will bring all the o-rings-gaskets up to specs. Pressure test to be included. All of this with cleaning and lubrication is part of the quality regular service.

If its just pressure testing-much less than the full treatment. After over 45 years of continuous use-mine has withstood all kinds of diving. Thats what it is made for.

Watch the crown-check it before immersion every time. Every year some owners forget to screw the crown back properly and a valuable watch gets ruined due to carelessness.
SOG DIVER is offline   Reply With Quote