The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 15 March 2019, 03:25 AM   #31
MikeyV
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust 41 TT
Thanks for the reassurance, Padi.
My wearing patterns (and resting) are super regular. It's just weird that it fluctuates around.

I've accepted it. ;)
MikeyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2019, 09:56 AM   #32
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Well I sent mine off to RSC and we will see what they tell me but the more time I have had t think about it the more I’m thinking Peter @padi56 is correct and if I get it back and they say it’s -/+ 2 a day and it ends up back at the 7-8 secs a day wearing I will just accept it and look for my next automatic

My plan is to post here what they did or did not do to the movement
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2019, 10:17 PM   #33
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Well received a call yesterday from the AD telling me my DJII was back from the RSC in Dallas and I plan on getting it today, hopefully they include a repair ticket on what was done so I can post here
Old 7 April 2019, 07:53 AM   #34
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Well picked up my DJII and the only paper work I got was the one from the jeweler and it was in a fancy green Rolex pouch with a care tag, I asked the sales rep what was done to the watch and after looking at some paper work she did not have an answer other than they addressed my concern of it running fast but I will openly admit and as @Padi56 pointed it out several times if they test the watch and find it within spec they won’t crack the case so in this case time will tell...lol

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GvjTqt65tmJEuKDd9
Old 13 April 2019, 10:27 AM   #35
dchernikoff
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub LV
At least you got a nice Rolex pouch out of the experience! Hope your problem is fixed and it stays in COSC. Post again in a few weeks to let us know!

It took me a while to come to grips with the fact that my expensive watch keeps worse time than a cheapo Quartz Timex. But then I remember that this is a watch that is powered by ME -- by my movements and nothing else -- and will be worn and running by my son and perhaps his son, long after I'm dead and gone. Truly a marvel in so many respects, that I finally decided I can forgive it a few seconds a day!

-Dan
dchernikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 April 2019, 02:33 PM   #36
Jostack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
It states its been tested after casing -2+2, how do they test well on a machine in a controlled environment.But on the wrist with different wearing habits just to many variables to overcome.It does not mean it will perform exactly the same every day for life only the fact it's been tested much like the COSC test. Many things affect mechanical watches like the earth's gravity,different temperatures,mainspring power-reserve,shocks,metal expansion and contraction,changes in lubrication and friction. Remember this the escapement of a mechanical watch in 24 hours pushes the gears 432,000 times and a day has 86,400 seconds.
Is the Rolex ‘testing’ that gives a result of +/-2spd something that can be replicated by an end user? I’m just an olde hick, but when I buy a fancy multi-thousand dollar watch, I expect it will maintain its advertised accuracy standard.

Jostack is offline   Reply With Quote