The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 May 2018, 07:08 AM   #31
Chrisbuer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
Has demand for the BLNR gone up? I put my name down for one at a local AD (in the UK) having never owned a Rolex before and got a call within about 5 months that my name was at the top of the list. So I bought it. This was in November 2016 and I didn't have to pay any deposit at all.

I recently went into the AD again and asked to go on their list for the new GMT "Pepsi". They said they were only taking names from people with previous purchasing history which wasn't a problem as they found me on their system. So I'm now waiting for the piece to come through, although I don't think it'll be quick.

My advice would be to try around other ADs, unless things have changed since I last purchased.
Chrisbuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2018, 08:37 AM   #32
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

I would ask if the £500 deposit was refundable if you could source one elsewhere at a later date.
I was told it would be a year, but got lucky and waited 8 months, no deposit and no previous relationship with the dealer, but that's the one thing I wanted to get going.

Love my BLNR
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2018, 12:18 PM   #33
dr_bypass
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT - BLNR
Paid premium as well. Did sell my 16613 at a profit so...
Very pleased!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A399F48D-0F26-4BF6-BB90-0D4032ACAD65.jpeg (209.9 KB, 149 views)
Old 26 May 2018, 12:28 PM   #34
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
I'm sure the love for the BLNR has been well proven and will last a very, very long time

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2018, 12:35 PM   #35
EvoIXMR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yacht Master II
I went to my AD and put down 20% on a Hulk this week....6-10 month wait list and same for the Batman. I was lucky to have picked up my Batman when I did. You’re going to love it when you get it. It’s become my daily and goes with everything.
Rolex Submariner - 16613
Rolex Date - 15223
EvoIXMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2018, 06:23 PM   #36
roadster198
"TRF" Member

I’m wearing mine now. I managed to get it pre boom in that it had just been put in my AD’s window and I just happend to be passing. Just luck for me.
roadster198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2018, 12:24 AM   #37
Jake B
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gold Sub 116618LN
Sold mine last week because I was so sick of having my $10,000 Rolex GMT watch referred to as "Batman".

Happy it's gone & sold it for exactly what I paid four years ago so I suppose it's as if I rented the beautiful watch with the unfortunate baggage of carrying a childish, American cartoon character name, for a four year period, free of charge.

Bye-bye, BATMAN.
Old 27 May 2018, 07:18 AM   #38
SeanotheDead
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake B View Post
Sold mine last week because I was so sick of having my $10,000 Rolex GMT watch referred to as "Batman".

Happy it's gone & sold it for exactly what I paid four years ago so I suppose it's as if I rented the beautiful watch with the unfortunate baggage of carrying a childish, American cartoon character name, for a four year period, free of charge.

Bye-bye, BATMAN.

You forgot to remove your BLNR from your watches just as an FYI.

What do you have against Batman, the greatest superhero of all time?

So you enjoyed your watch for 4 years before coming to hate it because of what other people called it? That makes sense.

I don’t disagree that the nickname is silly. To each his own, but it seems pretty childish to care so much what other people say.

What is your other favorite Rolex? Maybe I can ruin that one with a childish nickname to annoy you enough to sell it to me at a discount. ;) Only joking, of course. Glad your watch retained its value for so long. Good on you.
SeanotheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2018, 02:31 PM   #39
Jake B
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gold Sub 116618LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanotheDead View Post
You forgot to remove your BLNR from your watches just as an FYI.

What do you have against Batman, the greatest superhero of all time?

So you enjoyed your watch for 4 years before coming to hate it because of what other people called it? That makes sense.

I don’t disagree that the nickname is silly. To each his own, but it seems pretty childish to care so much what other people say.

What is your other favorite Rolex? Maybe I can ruin that one with a childish nickname to annoy you enough to sell it to me at a discount. ;) Only joking, of course. Glad your watch retained its value for so long. Good on you.
Well...simply put, not everybody really enjoys or cares for that kind of stuff and a lot of people who follow super-heroes grow out of it sometime around puberty.

I guess it just took a few years for the name to really, fully catch on but just this past year it's been to the point where everytime somebody mentioned the watch, it was something like "Ohhhh..cooool...The BATMAN! How much did you pay???" and around where I live, watches are a big part of the culture and people notice/mention your watch in day-to-day life. I guess that, yeah, I do find that a huge irritation.
Old 27 May 2018, 03:33 PM   #40
Cibbersicks
Banned

I struck lucky and only had a 6 week wait with my UK AD for my May 2018 BLNR.

It’s all down to them understanding two things:
A: You are in a position to pull the trigger at any point.
B. You’re not going to flip the watch.

Personally I wouldn’t leave any deposit. It’s a watch, not a £50,000 car. There are plenty of places where no deposit is required and with a bit of patience and attentiveness you can obtain for RRP.

IMO it’s a poor sales tactic intended to get you to put your money where your mouth is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cibbersicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2018, 04:31 PM   #41
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake B View Post

Bye-bye, BATMAN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote