The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 10 April 2018, 06:06 AM   #31
BMW335D
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkrut View Post
Not so uncommon for this model.
I still have the problem, waiting to fix a day to bring the watch to the shop.
BMW335D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 01:59 PM   #32
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkrut View Post
Not so uncommon for this model.

I had an issue early on with mine but had complete overhaul under warranty at APNA, that was about 5 years ago. No problems since, at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 04:45 PM   #33
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Send it to AP. Do not let an independent play with it. I learned the Hard way.
Old 25 May 2018, 10:31 PM   #34
scottywein
"TRF" Member

Same thing happened to me. My date isn’t even changing on a quick set. Taking it to AP in NYC now. Hope they cover all costs. It was just working fine.
scottywein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2018, 10:41 PM   #35
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottywein View Post
Same thing happened to me. My date isn’t even changing on a quick set. Taking it to AP in NYC now. Hope they cover all costs. It was just working fine.
If its under warranty they will
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2018, 11:06 PM   #36
scottywein
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
If its under warranty they will
Doubt it is, it was purchased in 2013 and I recently bought it this year.
Old 25 May 2018, 11:10 PM   #37
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Doubt it is, it was purchased in 2013 and I recently bought it this year.
full service then. Its not really that unreasonable of a fee and its due anyway.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2018, 11:33 PM   #38
scottywein
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
full service then. Its not really that unreasonable of a fee and its due anyway.
The date is working now after wearing it. I wonder if the power reserve was low. Do you think I should still bring it to AP?

Also, I figure I need to wind the watch before changing time and date. I don't have a watch winder.
Old 26 May 2018, 02:44 AM   #39
PJ S
Banned

^
Come on… think about it logically!
The state of wind on the mainspring has nothing to do with whether the date wheel can be moved or not.
If that were the case, then the same would be true of the hands, wouldn’t it?

You may’ve been lucky that the teeth (if misaligned slightly) have now synced up again, and you’ll not see the issue arise again.
If you do, then it’s potentially just a lubrication issue, rather than damaged tooth/teeth.
I’d rattle through a full month’s worth of dates, noticing if there’s any difference in feel between each change.
If not, then a more laborious process could be tried – do the same but in time setting mode.
If nothing jumps out at you as noticeably different, then carry on wearing it satisfied that it was probably a one-off blip.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2018, 03:43 AM   #40
scottywein
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
^
Come on… think about it logically!
The state of wind on the mainspring has nothing to do with whether the date wheel can be moved or not.
If that were the case, then the same would be true of the hands, wouldn’t it?

You may’ve been lucky that the teeth (if misaligned slightly) have now synced up again, and you’ll not see the issue arise again.
If you do, then it’s potentially just a lubrication issue, rather than damaged tooth/teeth.
I’d rattle through a full month’s worth of dates, noticing if there’s any difference in feel between each change.
If not, then a more laborious process could be tried – do the same but in time setting mode.
If nothing jumps out at you as noticeably different, then carry on wearing it satisfied that it was probably a one-off blip.
Thanks I took it to AP in NYC and the salesman there wound it and changed all of the dates, times etc. and said everything seemed fine!
Old 29 May 2018, 10:40 PM   #41
scottywein
"TRF" Member

Well it happened again I’m taking it into AP. Any idea how much something like this could be?

Also is this an issue across all ROO or just the Rubber Clads?

Once AP fixes it will it continue to be a common problem or is it a one time thing that needs to be fixed.
Old 30 May 2018, 05:46 AM   #42
PJ S
Banned

Treat it as a one-off incident, and if it returns after 2 years, once the Service Warranty has expired, then kick up a right fuss.
I suspect though, you won’t suffer the same issue again.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2018, 07:25 AM   #43
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Well it happened again I’m taking it into AP. Any idea how much something like this could be?

Also is this an issue across all ROO or just the Rubber Clads?

Once AP fixes it will it continue to be a common problem or is it a one time thing that needs to be fixed.
My ROO RC has been perfect. Had a reserve issue back in 2014 which resulted in a full overhaul under warranty at APSC and zero issues since.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2018, 08:34 AM   #44
Chary
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 15407ST
I would send it to APSC and dont stress about it, they'll take care of it!
Chary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2018, 11:05 AM   #45
scottywein
"TRF" Member

Thanks all
Old 5 June 2018, 01:20 AM   #46
jdkrut
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
I have the same series and model as you the third and last steel rubberclad. I have the same issue with the date function. I find that once the watch is running for a day, it ‘unsticks.’
jdkrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2018, 01:49 AM   #47
scottywein
"TRF" Member

I actually got it fully serviced and the crystal had a scratch, the back of the watch had scratches and....the date issue persisted. The first time after a week I tried to wear it and set the date correctly the date wouldn't change. Only after a minute of circling the crown did it finally work.

AP is going to replace the crystal, polish or change the back, and change the date disc or fully investigate. They changed the crown and mentioned they didn't see a particular issue with the date but mentioned it just needed more lubricant.

Thinking of getting a watch winder to just have it fully wound all the time instead of just manually winding it whenever I put it on. Thoughts or just a waste of money?
Old 1 July 2018, 02:35 AM   #48
daveo5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M COSC
Bought my AP preowned, with 15 month warranty, from an AP dealer. The dealer said they had not done a service, just checked it out it had no problems. Still sent it to AP USA Florida for a complete service. Peace of mind with two year warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
daveo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2018, 03:30 AM   #49
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
Quote:
I actually got it fully serviced and the crystal had a scratch, the back of the watch had scratches and....the date issue persisted. The first time after a week I tried to wear it and set the date correctly the date wouldn't change. Only after a minute of circling the crown did it finally work.

AP is going to replace the crystal, polish or change the back, and change the date disc or fully investigate. They changed the crown and mentioned they didn't see a particular issue with the date but mentioned it just needed more lubricant.

Thinking of getting a watch winder to just have it fully wound all the time instead of just manually winding it whenever I put it on. Thoughts or just a waste of money?
I can hardly live without a winder. I have a six watch modalo winder and I love it. In the morning I have all my watches set and running so I can just grab what Im feeling for wearing.