The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 10 April 2018, 09:37 AM   #1
stryder011
"TRF" Member

BB and GMT II

Hi
Question for those who have both, how does GMT II wear compared to the BB in terms of size on the wrist. Does it feel smaller or bigger compared to an in house movement BB ? I have the BB steel and feel that its just as big as I can go with respect to wrist size, any bigger and it will start to get uncomfortable.

This is going to be my first Rolex , my wrist size is about 6.5" and I've pretty much made up my mind on getting the GMT II. Haven't tried the watch yet but will be making a trip to the local AD soon.

Thanks!

wrist shot to show how the BB looks on the wrist.

IMG_20180222_065129.jpg
stryder011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 09:51 AM   #2
rogue828
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
just my 2cents, I just picked up a blnr and it fits great on top of the wrist compared to the sub-c due to the smaller case back if that helps. I have a 8'' wrist and the sleeve also doesn't ride on the watch edge...no links had to be removed due to the adjustable clasp.
rogue828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 10:40 AM   #3
stryder011
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue828 View Post
just my 2cents, I just picked up a blnr and it fits great on top of the wrist compared to the sub-c due to the smaller case back if that helps. I have a 8'' wrist and the sleeve also doesn't ride on the watch edge...no links had to be removed due to the adjustable clasp.
WOW!.. that's awesome. thanks for the feedback and congrats on the BLNR. It sure is a beauty. I'm still debating between the BLNR and the 116710LN.
Old 10 April 2018, 10:41 AM   #4
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ever changing!
I agree with above.

I recently tried on a Hulk and BLNR. Even though the caseback on the submariner is only slightly bigger, it made a difference with how well it looked and fit on my wrist.

I have about the same size wrist as you, 6.5 The GMT fit better, had a slightly slimmer height and wears extremely comfortable. I’ve had it for about 4 days, and I think it’s just as comfortable to wear as my Oyster date which was a 34mm. In fact, I hardly notice a difference which seems impossible considering it’s almost double the weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jmbarrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 11:54 AM   #5
stryder011
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmbarrack View Post
I agree with above.

I recently tried on a Hulk and BLNR. Even though the caseback on the submariner is only slightly bigger, it made a difference with how well it looked and fit on my wrist.

I have about the same size wrist as you, 6.5 The GMT fit better, had a slightly slimmer height and wears extremely comfortable. I’ve had it for about 4 days, and I think it’s just as comfortable to wear as my Oyster date which was a 34mm. In fact, I hardly notice a difference which seems impossible considering it’s almost double the weight.

Thanks for sharing your experience.. very helpful. My local AD has told me he can get me a BLNR within a few weeks, will continue to research until I get a call from him.
Old 10 April 2018, 02:19 PM   #6
Cshull
"TRF" Member

The GMT seems quite a bit thinner to me than the BB so I am sure you will be fine
Cshull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 03:00 PM   #7
Helmi
"TRF" Member

BB and GMT II

I own the black bay bronze and hulk and the hulk is much slimmer and better fitting than the bronze. It is not to say the bronze is not good but it is just bulkier and feels huge on my wrist. I have 7" wrist and I love both but size wise hulk wins hands down. I guess the blnr will be just better
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2018, 04:31 PM   #8
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

I have BBN ETA version and BLNR. They both are comfortable but feel the BLNR sits with a smaller profile looking at it from top and side. The BBN seems larger so if you're fine with your BB then getting a GMT will work

I have a 6.75 wrist

brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2018, 02:56 AM   #9
stryder011
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmi View Post
I own the black bay bronze and hulk and the hulk is much slimmer and better fitting than the bronze. It is not to say the bronze is not good but it is just bulkier and feels huge on my wrist. I have 7" wrist and I love both but size wise hulk wins hands down. I guess the blnr will be just better

I think both have a bigger profile than the BLNR. Good to know - thx
Old 11 April 2018, 02:58 AM   #10
stryder011
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
I have BBN ETA version and BLNR. They both are comfortable but feel the BLNR sits with a smaller profile looking at it from top and side. The BBN seems larger so if you're fine with your BB then getting a GMT will work

I have a 6.75 wrist

Great. Thank you so much for this. This seals the deal.. i'm going for the BLNR!
Now to find one